2015 European Nationals Info

50% Noise. I hate Faust.

1 Like

but look at the argus’s!

1 Like

I wonder if they are all inspired by the Polish Nationals list. I know I was…

Yay, both guys from Dortmund made it to the top 8! :thumbsup:

1 Like

It was a pleasure meeting all the great people today, although the top is still ongoing. I didn’t make the cut at 10th with 2 points of SoS short(@Cerberus 9th with 1 SoS difference, poor guy), but that’s still a lot better than I expected, being hungover and haven’t gotten any real games in the last few months. I’ve played some wonderful games versus top notch players, so I guess I can’t complain.

@Stiv representing the Dutchies as the only one(although, he’s imported from whereever the fuck he is from) at our own Nationals. We are all rooting for you, beat ze Germans

Edit:
Oh yeah, I forgot to use my bye first round, which would’ve placed me within top 8, jeeej me!

1 Like

Man, I was playing Argus before it was even cool!

1 Like

Maybe, but you would have gotten different opponents and everything might have been different. :smiley:

Top table second round, so guess not, but yeah, just let me have my moment!

Really, he’s not Dutch :facepalm: . He’s a Belgian, or German, or whatever… :stuck_out_tongue:

Any updates about whats going on in the finals? Still going? Who is still in? :smiley:

1 Like

Great tournament, and a great judge.

If only I brought a decent corp. #BABW :stuck_out_tongue:

I took second in the end at Dutch Nationals. Losing twice to the champion in Top8 with HBFA vs his Kate. Kate just goes through HBFA like hot knife through butter… :frowning:

Noise is awesome, playing with it almost exclusively for a year was worth it :smiley:

Decklists if someone cares:

Noise: http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/xEXHDf3avbEf5Yg43/

HBFA: http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/RTcMbQxFRRrwXyNvL/

Noise went with just one defeat in total tournament (last round of swiss). However, I’m not happy with the amount of times I had to draw for my combo. Like 1-2 click for draw for 5-6 turns until it pops up. I’m putting in 2 Injects instead of 2 shehs. The quicker I get the combo the quicker is rest of money irrelevant.

HB lost two games in swiss, and two in Top8. I think I don’t know how to play HBFA well. Or there’s just no place for it at the moment. Clot is everywhere, best runners have imp or huge piles of cash and can trash your assets freely unless you protect them. I’m definitely switching some things around for something like this:

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/Jps5dRH6tjsLr9Gui

A bit more stable economy, less trashable (because trashable needs to be protected against both Noise and Kate) stuff, more cheaper ice (Viktor 1) and crisiums.

I believe this deck today would fare better.

5 Likes

So I’m guessing the Belgians have taken home a total of 3 nationals then?

I hope that Kephalopode won.

4 Likes

Yes, he won the tournament.

2 Likes

@busti screwed up in top4 by running aimlessly against blue sun and then died to a sea/scorch/scorch when he was at 5-0

Gz for your 2nd place!
In my experience Kate actually was one of the easier matchups for HBFA, because you have so much must trash stuff, that she runs out of steam at some point.

And may I suggest switching your Plascretes to IHW for Noise? In kill matchups it protects you and against faster decks you can use it as draw to find your combo pieces.

If only there were a decent Corp deck to play!

5 Likes

Gaah so close for the Belgians. :frowning:

Dutch Nats was a wonderful tournament. Had great, intense games all day against top-notch players.

1 Like

Do you have any videos of this matchup? I won once when the Kate player (he was top seed after Swiss) was seriously low on econ, I was able to run through both adonis campaign and eve campaign fully, and I had double tollbooth as a scoring remote. Only then was I able to keep Kate poor. Otherwise, they just keep me poor by trashing all my assets, and they just have much more money. When I’m poor I can’t rush and then they can easily draw more and get more money.

As I said, it is quite possible that I suck at that matchup - and possibly HBFA in general :smiley:

[quote]And may I suggest switching your Plascretes to IHW for Noise? In kill matchups it protects you and against faster decks you can use it as draw to find your combo pieces.
[/quote]
In theory yes, but I’m not a huge fan of IHW for some reason :persevere:

2 Likes