Anarch deck for a cache refresh. Any tips?

After a long winter, I decided to play again and got astonished by so many new cards (was a player until SanSan Cycle). I tryed to make a Null deck, choosing Order and Chaos and putting some pressure on Centrals, with Parasite+Datasucker, Breakers from heap+Yog and Medium. As damage is very common, put also Clan Vengeance. Maw was also a choice for making the Corp discard from HQ, along with Wanton Destruction. For economy, there is Day Job, 2x Temujin and Sure Gamble.

The problem is that it’s not working very well. Any ideas on how to adjust it?

Thanks!

The core of your deck sounds solid. Null is a great fit for “Reg Anarch” (fixed breakers + datasuckers, money, Parasites, some disruption like Maw).

The first question is probably, Am I playing the deck to its strengths? This is not a personal attack, but after a long break your play may have slipped, both in general and against the meta. It was always easy for me to blame my deck when in reality it was more often me making poor decisions.

Second question: is Reg Anarch well positioned in your meta? If asset strategies are common, do yourself a kindness and play Whizzard. If mid-range and glacier is common, your Null should be a great choice.

If you determine that your play is sound and your deck is reasonably positioned, come back with a full list so we can get a full picture of the deck in question.

Thanks for the advice. It’s for a Cache Refresh tournament, so I can use only 1 Core + 1 Deluxe + 1 Terminal Directive + the last 2 Data Cycles. The card pool is kind of limited.

I’ve came with this list:

Event (18)
2 Build Script ●​●​
2 Déjà Vu
2 Forked
3 I’ve Had Worse
2 Knifed
2 Spooned
3 Sure Gamble
2 Wanton Destruction

Hardware (3)
3 Maw

Program (13)
2 Black Orchestra
2 Datasucker
2 MKUltra
2 Medium
2 Paperclip
3 Parasite ★​★​★​

Resource (11)
2 Aaron Marrón ●​●​●​●​
3 Armitage Codebusting
3 Clan Vengeance
1 Ice Carver
2 Temüjin Contract ●​●​●​●​★​★​

If you run the conspiracy suite Stimhack feels like a very strong include to me. Maw+Wanton seems kinda antisynergistic, I’d include one of both for HQ pressure.

Edit: And build script should 100% be Deuces Wild.

1 Like

My initial impressions:

Econ seems light
Are Build Script worth the slots and influence?
Is the third Maw necessary? Dead slots are bad
Are 3 Clans necessary? Is even 1 necessary? (Meta questions)

I’m on mobile and have no easy way to look at cards/sets and whatnot. Those are my initial thoughts on the list in a vacuum. What seem to be the problems in your games?

In general I think anarch for the current Cache Referesh are forced into either the shell of temujin Whizz or Siphon Whizz but Siphons are not that great since you really want both C&C and O&C even if you could handle the lack of Keyhole.

For the temujin shell, you will probably want some core breakers as they are efficient and you are not really running any discard synergies with a full conspiracy suite. Yog and Mimic are still very good and works great with Datasucker/Ice Carver. Also breaking Tollbooths with Black Orchestra is near suicide, and there is alot of Tollbooth in the format.
You can probably run this list out of any anarch ID, can see uses for Ed Kim (sync boom is kinda annoying), Noise (there is no jackson, even if you wont get a lot of triggers) and Null. Running Aaron to combat the lack of draw is probably a good choice.

Here is a tag-me Omar I tried to construct for Cache Refresh.

It is a high-stakes gamble with SYNC Boom! out there, but what true Anarch ever played it safe?

CR Omar

Omar Keung: Conspiracy Theorist (Escalation)

Event (20)

Hardware (3)

Resource (3)

Icebreaker (10)

Program (9)

9 influence spent (max 12, available 3)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Station One

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

There are only 2 deja vu in core, though.

Anarch is a draw reliant faction, since they have no real tutors, but I’ve Had Worse is basically the only draw available. So Deuces or the other cantrips aren’t a bad idea at all but they may not be enough. @FightingWalloon is probably on the right track with Frantic Coding but I’d for sure want to play with MOpus over siphon (no Same Old Things, easy to trash siphon hard to recur it).

I was thinking about it and, based on the test plays I had, going for ICE destruction seems not enough. Maybe I should try a completely different deck, using Noise and focusing on mills and some breakers. Although there isn’t Jackson, Preemptive Action can be used.

Well, I am a little stuborn and decided to go with the Null deck. My final card list is below. I am getting better playing it, and maybe the problem is how to play it well now. Any tips about the cards or playing style? I am trying to keep my economy running and running against ICEs on centrals whenever is possible.

Event (19)
3 Day Job
2 Déjà Vu
2 Forked
3 I’ve Had Worse
2 Knifed
2 Spooned
2 Stimhack
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (3)
3 Maw

Program (16)
1 Black Orchestra
2 Corroder
2 Datasucker
1 MKUltra
2 Medium
2 Mimic
1 Paperclip
3 Parasite ★​★​★​
2 Yog.0 ★​★​

Resource (7)
2 Aaron Marrón ●​●​●​●​
2 Armitage Codebusting
1 Ice Carver
2 Temüjin Contract ●​●​●​●​★​★​

Aaron is a really good card, but would it be better to have the third Temujin and rely on something like Citadel Sanctuary for your protection from tags and meat damage? I know Aaron is better, but your econ package here looks super thin, especially to support things like Yog and Maw in your rig set up.

I’d be interested in feedback on this deck. It is an iteration of the one I posted above but switching over to Creation and Control instead of Order and Chaos.

Tag Me Omar

Omar Keung: Conspiracy Theorist (Escalation)

Event (14)

Hardware (6)

Resource (9)

Icebreaker (9)

Program (7)

9 influence spent (max 12, available 3)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Station One

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

The deck is poor, but it can be pretty good in the mid-game if you get that far. Cyberfeeder is good with both your viruses and helping to make the Conspiracy breakers not suck as much. Para-sucker is your main breaker for really annoying ice.

I’ve not been able to play it in an actual Cache Refresh, but it has done fairly well in Jinteki casual against non-Cache Refresh Corps. It turns out that Siphon spam is a powerful archetype.