Android Deck Builder App Status

This is an update thread for the ‘Deck Builder for Netrunner’ android app. :partying_face:

The app is now under community stewardship and receiving updates! Crash bugs have been fixed, and MWL features have been added.

If you have ideas, issues, or want to get stuck in with some coding then post a comment here or use any of the following:

3 Likes

Latest version(s) released:
3.2.0:

1. fixes OCTGN file export crash
  2. fixes ExportAllDecks options crash

3.1.0:

1. Updated card list included with app install - fixes startup crash
  2. bug fix for apex non-virtual resource preference

1. New MWL validity indicator
  2. Removed and restricted icons in card list
  3. Available packs can be set at deck level
1 Like

This is great to see as I use this app a lot…

However in the options bit, under Rules it still says:
Use Most Wanted List [ ]
Reduces the Identity’s influence limit for when specific cards are included in the deck.

It doesn’t work that way anymore. As you have put in the part about restricted and banned cards, is there a reason this part is still there?

MWL 2+ rules were in limbo having been implemented in an old pull request when I adopted the project. I hadn’t done any android dev before, so I thought my first move was to make use of that code and roll out a release without trashing anything!

With the game in a ‘transitional state’ I also didn’t want to remove the old system, as both can live side by side, and I want the app to still be useful to players with an older or pre-rotation card pool.

2 Likes

Updated to v3.3.0:

1. A new card browser with basic search and pack filter. Replacing the grid-view set browser.
  2. Error handling on deck load. any deck deemed to be in error (unknown cards) will not open, but will still be listed in the deck list.
  3. Fix: you can’t add cards past the deck limit e.g. philotic entanglement only allows 1 per deck.
  4. NOTE: Automatic data updates have been turned off to prevent imminent nrdb changes crashing the app…

System Core 2019 changes will probably need some coding to implement, and will come after nrdb updates due to likely data model changes.

2 Likes

Updated to 3.4.0

1. a speculative fix for startup crashes
  2. removed card update feature
  3. correct title formatting on card browser
  4. added sc19 as pack
  5. fix to octgn file open - now opens from nrdb export

new format definitions and MWL changes planned for next release

3 Likes

Ok #4 is my favorite and very needed, as your app tends to be where I start my work. Great work!

I noticed some card mismatch vs the NISEI list:
Emergency Shutdown 1 vs 2
Cyberfeeder 2 vs 1
Patchwork 2 vs 1
2x Dinosaurus
2x Femme
Replicating Perfection
Paper Trail 2 vs 3
Neural EMP 2 vs 3

1 Like

Oh my god, no jinteki IDs at all!

Needless to say, an update will be coming v soon.

Thanks for checking the counts.

1 Like

Card data fixes released as v3.4.1

3 Likes

3.6.0 released to replace existing sc19 data with the new data from nrdb. This will prevent sc19 nrdb decks from being unrecognised.

Unfortunately, existing sc19 decks from the app will not be automatically updated. Easiest way to update is probably a roundtrip to nrdb using jnet format app-> nrdb , then octgn file download nrdb -> app.

(or update in the app manually - set card pool to sc19, use the cards page to replace old cards showing warning signs with the new versions)

Sorry about the frequency of updates - things will hopefully settle down once I get the format support sorted.

2 Likes

v4.0 released, bringing support for formats.

Some serious surgery in this release, so please let me know if I’ve killed something you depend upon.

4 Likes

v4.2.

• return of ‘my collection’ setting. can be used in deck filter and browser filter dialog
  • default format setting. applies to all new decks
1 Like

v4.3 downfall data, MWL S3.1 and E1.1

5 Likes

v4.4.0

• fixed swipe navigation in fullscreen when viewing browser/search results
  • added preference item to update card/cycle/format/mwl data via download
  • fixed apex hide non-virtual resource preference behaviour
  • allow free choice of all agendas when using napd cyber bureau

if you get decks that display as having unknown cards then you probably have some old data files - if you try the new ‘download all card data’ option it should sort it out.

let me know of any other problems, or post an issue to github (pull requests also welcome):

3 Likes

I have the error now (I’ve not opened the app in a couple of weeks but it is up to date).
I cant open those decks with the errors so no idea what is going on inside there.

Update card data in the options screen

1 Like

Huzzah!