Andy - Lotus Field edition

Even with a plascrete out, I usually wind up paying for the punitive trace or taking the damage to hand to keep the plascrete. You can play around it the same way as scorch, keep money and cards in hand

You can certainly get away with no Plascretes vs Weyland, (though having one or two helps). It’s NBN and Jinteki PE/Nisei Dvision that it helps the most against, as NBN can tag in any number of ways, many of which are hard to play around, (Breaking News, Midseasons with an early money lead), and Jinteki just has a whole assload of damage, (and you can do a whole lot to counter the work compression of running into Snare/Cerebral Cast if you just have 1 somewhere. It’s also potentially important against CI, who you might have a hard time staying high on money against without floating tags.

I think I really, really, really need to start playing x1 Posted Bounty.

1 Like

against nbn, yes. nbn scorch is a tricky matchup if you’re not running plascretes, and I haven’t seen the nisei division scorch yet, so I couldn’t tell you for that, but against CI I’d definitely rather have a decoy than a plascrete. going through a plascrete costs them a lot less than going through a decoy if you bank ~8-10 credits

if weyland could install advance advance and get away with it, they wouldn’t be having problems right now.

CI is just going to recur the Scorch the following turn, so, Decoy buys you one turn. Even 2 Plas isn’t a great defense v. CI if they get built up. You just need to punish their econ severely, and Legwork repeatedly.

1 Like

I moved 8 posts to a new topic: Weyland: How Bad Is It Right Now?

1 Like

Because we’ve already establish the answer to Lotus is simple, right? Knight or Zu or Gordian! :wink:

4 Likes

…and Knight is the best! (or Femme) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I thought Atman was best? :frowning:

OMG, you’re right. Atman is best!! (the highest influence, though…)

Atman at 4 does solve both Lotus Field, and everything else with those Datasuckers. No good cut for her though.

I’m thinking about changing my Anarch rig Criminal deck from Andy to Ken Tenma to have extra inf for Atman in case Lotus field ends up being played.

What are your plans for making the most of Tenma’s ability and mitigating the lack of card advantage (in comparison to Andy’s 9-card opener/mulligan)? AS and Dirty Laundry alone don’t make his ability (and influence) worth losing the 9 card hand.

I think in general, downgrading from Andy to Tenma to play an Andy-style control Criminal deck is silly. Tenma plays best as a Gabe wannabe IMO.

2 Likes

What about Ninja… ? :wink:

You see Ninja before you care about Ninja, if you care about Ninja at all.

2 Likes

So it seems pretty obvious that if your opponent actually has Lotus Field then you’d rather be playing Knight than Peacock. But how many decks are actually playing Lotus Field? If it’s sufficiently few then you’re going to be better off freeing up the influence for something else (and if you still want to be able to handle Lotus Field you just run Peacock) because the trade of being better off in general but worse off when your opponent is actually playing Lotus Field will be worth it. I think it’s a no-brainer at the moment; Upstalk has been out on OCTGN for a while now and I’ve seen exactly one Lotus Field ever rezzed against me.

Isn’t that bound to change? Due to my holiday I played a lot of games these weeks. Each week I’ve seen the number of H&P decks drop and more Upstalk decks appear. NEH is everywhere and Lotus Field too.

I feel like you’d be better off with Knight than Peacock either way, but there’s likely to be a proliferation of 'em as Upstalk continues to exist. I expect a few decks’ll skimp, and some’ll run two, but many’ll just end up running one, and wait for Yog to rez it.

Mostly, I think Knight is a better card all-around than Peacock, and I’d rather stick to good cards. Might hurt a bit losing the influence, but I’ll be happier seeing Knight in other match-ups than Peacock ever.

Then again, I’m not likely to be playing much Andy right now, despite her being the best, so… take that as you will.

2 Likes

This list is really strong mediohxcore, It is definitely the best andy list until spaces between at least. From there we will see. I think Andy will still be strong, but we do have some more targeted hate coming out, and I don’t know how that will impact the meta. Really nice job changing it for the evolving meta, I did really well with Andy at the North West regionals and this feels like it’s natural evolution, saved me a lot of testing finding it :).

I played this list at a local GNK in Vancouver, WA on Saturday. I think I had 1-2 changes in total(I chose not to play any plascrete and I didn’t play infiltration, I don’t know if that is correct though. I did play 1 weyland player. NBN Scorch is very lethal if you choose to play without. 1 Plascrete actually might be good enough considering the use of Mr. Li now that I have used Mr. Li)

With the change to more 1 ofs like 1 knight, 1 RDI, etc, I found Mr. Li to be very strong addition, where I really disliked him in the past(I had always used contacts, or no draw at all) I was always using him to find specific answers during the tournament. He actually was surprisingly powerful at finding me the 1 or 2 of in my deck that I was digging for. I needed RDI, I went and got one. I needed parasite, I went and got one. Etc.

If I had played a little bit better it would have finished 5-0 with andy I feel, but I lost to a strong player piloting RP, it was a close game, and I was at fault, not the deck or the luck of the draw.

2 Likes