[ANRPC] BABW Finals Weekend

Alas I can’t go to worlds this year, but I’ll use the money to go next year. We’ll just have to see if I’m still playing NBN FA by then… Lolz.

4 Likes

An all to common problem.

8 Likes

Let me know if you want any help with this.

I need to get the tournament results off Dark Sphere

I’ve just published my geist list over on NRDB: Geist in the Shell, 1st BABW LCQ, 3rd BABW finals. · NetrunnerDB

Regarding NEH, @lpoulter was playing asset spam NEH, @Tim and @imrahil Astrobiotics, I was half-way between the two and @Cerberus was butchershop.

1 Like

The reason I chose Gabe over Kate was as follows:

• It was an invitational tournament. I could predict what decks most people would play and the meta is very inbred. I expected very few rogue decks and also practically no RP (there was an off chance that @Cerberus would bring it but that was about it).

• The field I expected (and indeed, was the entire top cut) was HB FA/Rush hybrid and NBN FA/Butchershop. I believe these decks are the best three on the Corp side at the moment. I also believe that Gabe has a better HB matchup than Kate, a better Butchershop matchup than Kate, and I think Kate/Gabe vs NEH is pretty close in the meta now, where most NEH tech their decks with Kate in mind.

If it wasn’t an invitational tournament or I expected a meta that included RP or Blue Sun, I’d have probably just gone for the safe option of Kate. I am happy with my choice of Gabe, and the games I lost had a few pilot errors, and not a fault of the deck.

I want to echo this sentiment. I can’t think of any decision of organisation that I thought was bad. The tournament was extremely well ran, and massive props to you for running it, Dan. It’s pretty mad to think that this was the first tournament you’ve organised, at a massive scale, and everything ran extremely smoothly. This sets a very good precedent for the future.

Heh, I don’t think this is true, if we liked NEH more in testing we both would have collectively picked that, I think.

7 Likes

@lpoulter wasn’t asset spam so much as swapping sweeps for diversified, was it? Think it still had 2 biotic, but avoided people playing with a low hand size.

EDIT: I’m completely wrong. See comment below.

1 Like

I was team sponsorship asset spam without the illegal team sponsorship.

Inspired/Stolen from @Xenasis @vinegarymink

Went 6/0 in the swiss

Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center
– Agenda (11 cards)
3 AstroScript Pilot Program
2 Breaking News
3 NAPD Contract
3 Project Beale
– Asset (15 cards)
3 Daily Business Show
3 Jackson Howard
3 Marked Accounts
3 PAD Campaign
3 Turtlebacks
– ICE (12 cards)
2 Eli 1.0
1 Enigma
2 Ichi 1.0
2 Pop-up Window
3 Tollbooth
2 Wraparound
– Operation (5 cards)
2 Biotic Labor
2 Diversified Portfolio
1 Sweeps Week
– Upgrade (6 cards)
3 Cyberdex Virus Suite
3 SanSan City Grid

4 Likes

Fair enough - I didn’t play against the deck on the day, just saw turtlebacks & diversified and guessed from there.

It was pretty nasty to play against; it gave me both of my two runner losses of the day. It gets out of control really quickly with an early Turtlebacks.

Good stuff Laurie, I hate to think what it’ll be like with Sponsorship!

1 Like

I had the same problem.

I need to get some wins in against your Laurie, I’ll start stalking you more aggressively online. Timo tried a version of your NEH deck last night but with Team Sponsorship - it didn’t feel very strong.

[Edit] Asked for decklist, but you’d already posted it further down.

I’d recommend a CVS/Blacklist swap when you get TS in there for the Marked.

1 Like

Yes cheers I saw your LCQ list. CVS -> blacklist makes sense. Did you make any changes to your Lcq list?

For D&D? I like 3 CVS now after playing tons of Noise and Kate. Food, -1 Fast Track, +1 Archangel.

1 Like

I was testing this list too but while it felt very strong against players who weren’t sure how to deal with it, more experienced ones took it down fairly quickly. It didn’t give @Xenasis or @groober much trouble in testing.

**MISSION ACCOMPLISHED**

**MISSION ACCOMPLISHED**
13 Likes

Really hoping for yet another Alex v Tim final.

6 Likes

I’m really pleased Tim is going. It really makes the tour feel a bit more special. I’m going to make every effort to attend Worlds 16. Hope all Team GB have fantastic events. I’m looking forward to watching the stream.

1 Like

Well there are basically no other good players going right. Dan D’argeni who?

4 Likes

If that happens can we insist on a draw and design a card together?

2 Likes