ANRPC King of Servers 2017 - Rotation Wake

Welcome back for King of Servers, Worlds 2017 Edition, the premier 4 person team tournament that everyone loves, brought to you by the ANRPC and Mando Draw Records. Come to battle some of your fave/least fave Runners, in a semi-comfortable venue. The location for our hacktivist get-together will be at the B-Dale Club, in Roseville, MN, again. Registration will begin at 10A on Thursday, November 2nd, and the cards will drop at 11A (or as soon as we have everyone registered after 11A).

This is a team tournament. Teams of four can submit their team name and members starting Monday, September 11th, at 11A CST (GMT - 5;). This is the site (not live yet). There is a space cap of 40 teams. The team must represent all seven main Netrunner factions between their team, with the 8th faction being a Runner ID that is not going to be a duplicate on the team. If you wish to play a minifaction Runner, they can substitute for any Runner faction. Whatever MWL is in effect at the time of the tournament will be legal, as will rotation be in effect.

The teammates will then play together, playing in a 5 round Swiss tournament. Teams will be paired according to Swiss rules, with teams of like total prestige facing off. Players in the matchups will then be seated in order of their individual prestige, so the highest prestige player on a team will play the highest prestige player on the opposing team, and so forth for the remaining three players. Table talk during the games will be fully allowed between teammates and their opponents. This is meant to be more fun and in the spirit of the event than downright piloting and direction. If one feels that there’s too much banter, and that their game is being too hampered and slowed by the table talk, they may call a judge to observe and/or give a warning.

Rounds will be 65 minutes. When time is called, the current turn is finished, and the other player gets one full turn. There will be NO table talk, from teammates nor observers, during the last 5 minutes of the round, to allow for more concentration by those left alive.

Entry fees are $20 per person, to cover a variety of costs, including the hall, bartender, prizes, streaming, etc. All will receive some participation prizes. Third and fourth place will receive their entry fees back, and the top two teams will receive a 70-30 split of the remainder of the pool (unless they are true sportspeople, and decide to split it beforehand).

As always, dice will be for sale for $2 each. We have pink and purple this year. In addition, we will have red and white PSI fidget spinners for sale for $5 each. The sales of these items help me to recoup costs, and are fun. Please buy if you would like me to run future tournaments, or buy as prize support for any local tournaments you may run.

There will be a break for food after the second round, roughly around 2:30P. Food is limited in the area. A Jimmy John’s order can be placed again. Also, we are looking into having a food truck outside. We will have a dedicated bartender from 11:30A on. NO outside drink is allowed.

Tentatively, the stalwart @dodgepong and @Sotomatic said they would take a brief break from utz banzais to once again provide a strong stream and commentary, if possible. @CodeMarvelous is going to stream, as well. (hopefully the cell service can hold up)

If there are any questions, please post them in this thread. Thanks, and good luck!

FOOD DELIVERY -
@Orbital_Tangent recommended this restaurant. Food truck will be sheltered for winter at this point, but, they deliver. If you are interested, check this form. Send food $ to PayPal.Me or PM for venmo #. Add $.50 for tax, and add a tip for the caterers if you like. Here’s the restaurant’s page, if you want to see their quality. Thanx!

(flyer image was an homage to these.)

(THREAD IS IN PROGRESS; SUBJECT TO CHANGE; ETC.)

20 Likes

Placeholder for shittalking.

11 Likes

The king is back baby!

2 Likes

I will be streaming as well!

7 Likes

I promise to bring a Kala Ghoda Real TV deck again this year.

4 Likes

Found the scorp player here.

2 Likes

Polls:

Entry fee: $15 or $20 (lower fee equal lower prize support for 1st and 2nd)

• $15
  • $20

0 voters

1 Like

Food truck: Yea or Nay (Most require $1000 minimum, meaning most would have to eat there)

• Yea
  • Nay

0 voters

1 Like

If you’re interested in getting some reps in before worlds, I’d be down to help test it with you via Jnet. You know I love that card.

#KGRTV4LYFE

2 Likes

What’s the legal meta for this? Same as world’s? Or pre-rotation?

1 Like

Spanish inquisition can’t make it this year. But I will come again. So… If anyone needs a player, I’m avaliable and will play whatever is needed!

Alternatively… If I can’t find any team, @spags, I can help however you need!

1 Like

Worlds meta. If there isn’t an MWL by Worlds, I’ll enforce my own.

2 Likes

Not to be overly pessimistic or anything, but what would your MWL look like?

1 Like

Current one, minus any cards that left due to rotation.

I would consider:

Tier 1
Aaron
Moon

Tier 2
Moose
BN

Tier 3
FIHP

3 Likes

I knew you’d reply to this.

2 Likes

Looking for a team, anybody need a 4th?

1 Like

The Emergency Shutdown site for KoS should have a free agent tab for people looking for teams, FYI!

2 Likes

Yes! @hermit is building the registration site, as opposed to the generic one I have used in the past. This will include a Free Agents tab/page, allowing those without a full team to build or join one.

(that hermit, so smart and clever)

4 Likes

Aw shucks @spags. You’ll make a cranky old man blush.

5 Likes

You going to move forward with T3 Friends if Boggs doesn’t put it on a new MWL, or if it is T1?