Blue Sun - Mushin Grid

True. I guess you just have to play more carefully. It’s definitely less disruptive than kit stealth or anarch.

The ash deck and the mushin-grid deck both have their strengths. Right now I’m leaning to thinking the ash deck is better since its economy is more robust against disruption. But it’s also less fun to pilot, and less interesting to analyze. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m curious. Why is glacier’s econ more robust? I’m assuming you’re already running Hedge, Restructure and OAI. Where is the rest of the money coming from?

Also, I don’t mean to be dismissive of Feint/Sneakdoor etc. In fact, if I were to build a deck to counter this one, I would start with 3 Sneakdoor, 3 Inside Job, 3 Shutdown, 3 Feint and 3 SoT. It would also be Andy so I can have Inside Job and Shutdown turn 1.

However, as long as NEH is around, the above deck will never work. If someone in your meta shows up with something similar to ruin your fun, the solution is to bring NEH for a couple of weeks until they change decks. After all, if you can’t have fun, neither should they :stuck_out_tongue:

Executive boot camp lets you run 3 or 4 copies of adonis campaign for only 2 influence.

Interesting, I will have to try it. Though it will obviously be a lot less fun.

How many credits do you expect out of Adonis on average in a game?

Dunno, probably like 9-15, depending how early you get it and how aggressively the runner tries to kill it. I don’t like playing it too early since the more set up your remote is the safer the adonis is. If playing vs shaper I’d save it until it’s really safe since you need it to win the long game.

Been playing this list in the league. It beats the pants off every “conventional” deck I’ve played against so far. So far the only loss was against @Gozik playing Nasir (and another very close call vs @Crunchums also playing Nasir).

Executive bootcamp is insane in this build.

One nonobvious thing about piloting this deck is that you should treat priority requisition like it’s 2 agendas stapled together. If you’re careful with how you protect your centrals, you can make it very unlikely for the runner to be able to find one, so you can get the shi-kyu effect (where you only need 3 agendas to win while they need 4). I sometimes even use atlas counters to tutor for one.

Bootcamp Glacier

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (9)
1x Corporate War (Future Proof)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
2x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (7)
1x Adonis Campaign (Core Set) ••
2x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
1x GRNDL Refinery (Fear and Loathing)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••

Upgrade (2)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••••

Operation (11)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Oversight AI (A Study in Static)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (10)
3x Curtain Wall (True Colors)
2x Hadrian’s Wall (Core Set)
2x Hive (Double Time)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (6)
2x Datapike (Creation and Control)
2x Lotus Field i[/i] ••
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••

Sentry (4)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
1x Taurus i[/i]

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

Interesting build. This is the best glacier version I’ve seen so far.

What makes Bootcamp so good in the build? I mean, I understand it finds Adonis and maybe Jackson. Am I missing something?

It’s funny, we seem to have arrived at pretty close to identical lists. Mine has some differences (mainly in the influence department), but I’m guessing it plays very similarly.

What do you usually find yourself pulling with Boot Camp? The Adonis for Infinite Money Tricks™, or something else?

3x adonis for 2 influence. Plus the flexibility to find jackson in times of dire need (like against noise). And then when you don’t need to get anything anymore, it’s a situational pad campaign that can’t be security tested.

For a while I tried also having a melange mining corp (instead of the 3rd ice wall) but it’s way too click intensive.

Almost always adonis. If I already have adonis, then usually jackson.

What’s your influence like? I’d like to find room for a 3rd ash, and I don’t think the deck needs the 2nd lotus field, but it seems to need everything else.

Do you miss not being able to flatline runners who can’t keep up with your econ?

I’m 12-2 with my PC Mushin Grid list so far in league. 10 of those wins (and 1 of the losses too had I not wasted an early AM) were flatlines. My list doesn’t even have Adonis so with your econ it should be very easy to kill runners.

I mean, yeah… there are times when landing a kill would be very easy. But I do feel like I’m winning those games anyway - it just takes tighter play, and a lot of patience, since this deck takes a long time to win.

I’ll try a few games with your PC mushin grid list if you try a few with mine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heh, you don’t need to ask twice. I’m already going to give that list a go. Having a tutor-able infinite money source intrigues me.

Here’s my updated list in case you’re interested.

Identity: Weyland: Blue Sun: Powering the Future

Cards: 49 / 45
Agenda points: 20 / 20
Influence: 15 / 15

Agenda (8)
1x Government Contracts
1x NAPD Contract
3x Priority Requisition
3x Project Atlas

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard ●●●

Ice (14)
3x Caduceus
2x Curtain Wall
3x Enigma
3x Hadrians Wall
3x Hive

Operation (19)
3x Archived Memories ●●●●●●
3x Hedge Fund
2x Mushin No Shin ●●●●
3x Oversight AI
3x Punitive Counterstrike
3x Restructure
2x Successful Demonstration ●●

Upgrade (5)
3x Crisium Grid
2x Off the Grid

2 Jacksons, 2 Ash, 2 Adonises, 1 Lotus Field… and 1 Data Raven with 1 SEA Source whistles innocuously

Guess you could say I like to keep my options open :stuck_out_tongue:

I like to ebc into a snare, rather than sea.
And mush into reversed accounts.

As someone who I consider one of the best Blue Sun players (from your stream and posts here) I really want to play you in or out of the league soon. Already played @Flickerwisp (another great BS player) and he double pc’d me. I think BS is here to stay and I still need a 100 more games before I don’t feel intimidated when I see it loaded up against me**. :sweat_smile:

Tldr look forward to playing @Flickerwisp more and @bblum

**not to mention @mediohxcore 's Janushenanigans

Have you try to include Toybox in your deck? It can be tutored with bootcamp and sinergies well with Blue Sun ability (you can install in scoring remote and take back when you wanna score).

2 Likes

patlanicus is playing Blue Sun with at least 1 Toybox. seems to use it mostly for setting up an Archer in scoring remote.

I think this idea has serious potential.

Looking at @bblum 's list above, it could easily take up the influence spent on Lotus Field (which aren’t necessary in my opinion) and take the subpar GRNDL Refinery slot.

I’m sure being able to capitalise on windows when the runner is poor to free rez something big should speed up the deck’s wins by a significant amount.

1 Like

I will have to try it out. I’ve tried it before and didn’t like it, largely for the same reason as not liking melange, but partly also because of inconsistency of it showing up at the wrong time.

It could also maybe replace the adonis campaign itself. Melange doesn’t work in this build because you only ever make 1 remote server (except for naked bootcamp ones), and it’s too click-intensive to swap between having adonis and melange there. Either way, agree that grndl refinery can be cut.

1 Like

Ran it a few games. Turns out Eliza is just as clunky as I remember it to be, even with the ability to tutor it. Adonis is far better. I ended up cutting the Eliza and going up to 3 Ash, which did work.

The thing is, while the build is definitely very strong, the lack of a flatline threat has cost me games against runners who simply don’t install plascrete and get lucky with accesses. Given how long it takes to set up, there is a very real danger that all that time you give the runner is going to be converted into points.

I’m not giving up yet, but if my current streak continues, I’ll probably switch back to the PC version to teach these runners some respect for the big W :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes