Blue Sun - Mushin Grid

A rezzed OTG is a huge liability on any turn when you’re not running the combo to score. I would not try protecting asset econ with it.

The chief advantage of the combo build is it lets you avoid paying money for remote server ice entirely. If you want to add more money, but plan on building a remote to protect it, and furthermore are thinking of cutting the mushins (the point of which is to be able to combo out 5/3s at all)… it sounds like you’re proposing to play bootcamp glacier, with crisiums and OTGs for utility (instead of Ash, I guess?).

Flicker,

What have you lost to? Have you seen a pattern?

Also, have you considered putting in Panic Button?

So far I’ve had trouble against:

1. Early agenda scores - if they can score twice before you have PC ready, the game becomes a lot harder to win
  2. Sneakdoor - it slows you down because you now have to protect archives before scoring with your Grids
  3. Fully set up stealth rigs - it’s impossible to tax them out of the game

Most of the losses are due to failed gambits where I gave up points in archives and the runner plays a surprise Plascrete after, or in one game a surprise Lucky Find. Some of these could have been prevented had I just been more patient.

I’m not sure what Panic Button adds to the deck. You are definitely not rich enough to be able to use it to draw for PC, nor do you have any way of leveraging those cards. I’m not sure why it would be considered?

I like PB in order to set up punitive, and as a card draw mechanism.

How has it been for you?

I’m not sure it fits in when plan A is to never let them into HQ in the first place. If they do get in, you are in trouble and I don’t think Panic Button will save you.

If you were ridiculously rich but had no ice (the only situation where Panic Button is good), you could just be drawing manually for ice anyway. Not to mention the Panic Button slots would be ice in the first place.

In short, i’m not convinced it fits the deck.

2 Likes

Got The Source and tried adding an Excalibur to the deck. Synergy with Off the Grid is really good, could be great on Archives when you suspect Sneakdoor and is great on HQ when you don’t.

2 Likes

I think Grail does have some potential in Blue Sun. You can rez one Grail, force a breaker, then pull it back to your hand and play a different one.

Grail goes really really well with AI hate imo because AI is the natural solution to dealing with grail ice. That means wraparound & swordsman should probably be considered in such a deck once the meta shifts to compensate for these ice.

Blue sun could do either/both of those ice, but I’m not sure that the influence in a mushin grid deck would exist. I’d think not.

Agreed, it would be a very different deck.

Forgive the threadcromancy, but has anyone really attempted this deck in the meta right now?

Dropping the Punitives and archived memories (down to 1?) and going taxing with ash on HQ could be a huge pain in the butt with Crisium and off the grid.

You can also bounce it to reconfigure the most “taxing” glacier.

If you wanted to go meat damage, you could run government takeover and all three pointers. But now doesn’t seem like the time for Weyland Meat Damage, especially with so much Anarch in the mix.

I’ve played it recently, it’s okay. Hard to say if the meat damage is worth the 3 slots but it can luck you into wins for sure.

Some videos:

2 Likes

Haven’t gotten round to testing it yet. I don’t think the meat plan is really worth it since even if you have the window to use it, you still need to get lucky against IHW.

The meat plan was at its most effective against Anarch, and now you have to gamble.

Going forward I would drop the Punitive and probably Archived Memories, and put in 2x Ash. Though at that point you have to ask yourself if it’s worth playing a more gimmicky version of Bootcamp glacier?

2 Likes

Ash won’t trigger if Crisium is up.

3 Likes

Thank god for that.

You could still put both down or put Ash in the remote as an emergency measure.

Both on HQ would require some intense forethought as you wouldn’t want both rezzed at the same time.

But Ash + Off the Grid on a Remote would be a huge pain. Especially behind a curtain wall.

Thanks for pointing that out Greedy.

The Twins are a viable in-faction Ash alternative. Works brilliantly with Orion, Archer, and in desperate times, Curtain Wall.

Run something like 2x Hostile Takeover/Chronos Project, 3x Atlas, and 3-pointers. An Atlas with 2 counters is The Twins dream.

Could be nasty if you ran it with double Janus… but so much influence.

Updated an old favorite and had a blast at my last GNK. With Temujin and Rumor Mill around, maybe not such a bad idea?

1 Like

seems neat!

I was messing around with a blue sun kill deck recently and was pleasantly surprised by its ability to get and hold a cash lead, even against Temujin. The key for that deck was going 100% in on OAI + big ice-- 3 consulting visits, 3 OAI, and 2 Localized Product Line. If you can squeeze in another CV, I think you’ll be happy about it-- also a big help for clearing employee strike (aka blue kryptonite) with paywall implementation.