Cache/Pawnshop Kate

I’m not saying Scavenge is bad, it is in fact an awesome card. All I’m saying is that it does NOT bring you more than 3 credits per click if you use it for money. You were saying it brings you 6-9 credits per click. It does NOT. That’s all. Peace :wink:

1 Like

The Crescentus was already worth 3 credits. You’re only netting 3 credits off that play.

6 Likes

Cache plays Cache’s role. The beauty of this deck is that most of your programs cost 0-1 credits. So you play Cache and Inti in one click. Then you have 3 other clicks to makes run and/or use ProCo. Next you have multiple programs to sell to Aesop.

2 Likes

This is the version I took to Saturday’s store championship (NRDB link):

Pawnshop Kate

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (5)

Hardware (11)

Resource (8)

Icebreaker (9)

Program (12)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

The 1x Hostage really feels like the right call - it got me an early Aesop’s so many times. HQI didn’t really work for me, and I feel like it’s still hard to get enough credits to install everything. Given how much work the parasites can do, I think I’ll try -1 HQI, +1 Deja Vu and reconsider whether I really want Hostage or Legwork. Everything else feels quite settled for the moment.

2 Likes

Given the traditional symbol for a pawnbroker, I think any Aesop’s deck should be called “Three Balls [name].” Three Balls Kate has a nice ring to it, right?

1 Like

Sounds like something one might get for a low low price in Thailand.

3 Likes

It keeps the -shop suffix for workshop decks, which I still consider the defining feature of Noiseshop. I like it, but will probably end up calling it triball.

This version got me 6th place in a store championship today. I wrote some possible tweaks on the NRDB thread.

Pawnshop Kate - Store Championships 20150207 Edition

Event (6)

Hardware (9)

Resource (8)

Icebreaker (9)

Program (13)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

How important is the whole stealth approach?

Not at all critical. The key parts are:

• Cache
  • 0-1 cost programs and hardware
  • Aesop’s Pawnshop
  • Professional Contacts

I haven’t done anything with this deck post O&C, since it’s still too slow for NBN and it’s going to get eaten by Housekeeping pretty handily.

1 Like

Kate pawnshop

Event (7)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Modded (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (13)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
1x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
3x Lockpick (Opening Moves)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (12)
2x Aesop’s Pawnshop (Core Set)
3x Armitage Codebusting (Core Set)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)

Icebreaker (4)
2x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
1x Mimic (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]•[/color]
1x Refractor (First Contact)

Program (9)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) [color=#4169E1]•••[/color]
1x D4v1d (The Spaces Between) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]
1x Imp (What Lies Ahead) [color=#FF4500]•••[/color]
1x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Here’s the deck I’m currently running. I’ve experimented with pawnshop in Kate since core, cache really gave it a boost. Some remarks here about the cards I’m (not) running.

-No Pro con: Doesn’t synergizes with the draw cards, it makes your deck slower and can give a window to score to the corp
-2 Aesop. Relying too much on them isn’t consistent. You want to play cards that are good anyway, and recoup some money out of them. Getting one halfway through your deck is fine.
-3 Armitage codebusting: Speeds up you’re early game, money + smc means you can threaten everywhere. I think it’s the basis of an aesop economy.
-3 daily casts: Gives a cred more and a turn less to wait when sold.
-1 Kati for long games, so you still have econ if your decks runs out (usually not needed)
-A very cheap rig to set up
-D4v1d is king, takes care of the big stuff, get be sold and cloned back. I think he’s pretty mandatory in most runner decks right now.
-Imp is a cheap way to trash stuff and break up combo’s (biotic labour / scorch / …), can also be sold and cloned back.
-Interfaces are a personnal preference, but can be swapped for multi access events as well.
-Plascrete can be replaced if wanted, meta call, but Weyland is big right now, you can always sell it if not needed anymore.
-Modded is always useful and gives some speed, but could be replaced by scavenge, or a current to counter corp currents (especially housekeeping).

My take on the pawnshop, really love the deck!

With the expandable stuff (imp, david, Lady), don’t you wish you play Scavenge?

Scavenge doesn’t really synergize with Aesop, early on it’s often not a useful card. Of course later on it takes the heat of the clonechips and is really flexible, so a 1-off would be good, no doubt.