Canada nationals

TOME messed up at Gencon, randomly dropping people. This happened in the second to last round of Swiss, to a player near the cut. They just gave him a bye, instead of repairing.

This is exactly how I run my tournaments. Much more fair than FFGs current rule, although You are in the right as they were bound by FFGs rules (silly as they may be).

Yep, I got dropped, and was going to be given a bye, and instead got paired against an 0-4 player who’s opponent never showed!

1 Like

I just wanted to jump in and offer a perspective of someone who lives close enough to Vancouver (in Victoria) but didn’t go to the event.

Travel is a little costly from Victoria to Vancouver (ferry ride) but not so bad that I probably would have made the trip, but having to pay an additional $70-$80 for a convention that I have no interest in attending otherwise, was the deal breaker for me. I went to regionals in Vancouver and had a blast, despite not doing well at all.

I was really happy to see it held out here, and I hope that the poor planning and timing that caused the low turnout doesn’t affect the chances of us getting another one in a few years.

2 Likes