Chicago Regionals Tournament 2014 (87 Players)

I think part of the strength of the winning decks is the linearity of their focus. This is often a liability, but if done properly, I’d imagine it’d be a boon in a 12 hour tournament.

Put in a different way, Silhouette’s only objective here was to hammer centrals and check remotes for agendas to snatch with Quest Complete. Chill’s PPVP Kate however, required a lot of decision making and weighing probabilities for each action. 12 hours of that is extremely difficult to pull off with minimal errors.

4 Likes

Honestly, Parasite recursion was over around half the T16, at least. Way to manage that field!

I think one of the reasons for victory was unfamiliarity. It was a smart play to pilot 2 new Identities. I’m sure people were struggling against preconceived notions about what they’d face when seeing Silhouette and Tennin.

6 rounds of Swiss led to all but two people with 16 Prestige getting in. Lots of splits.

1 Like

I’m not saying Sneakdoor Beta and Security Testing aren’t good! they’re amazing cards! I’ve just probably been playing too many Shapers (and when I play Criminals I haven’t run into Sneakdoor too often).

What does the runner deck do if the corp manages to ICE up HQ with 3 ICE (taxing)? Maybe even caprice on HQ.
Also, you dont have enough MU for the full suite (alias and femme) + MO - was that ever a problem? Can it be?

On NetrunnerDB, @Kranse said that he only included Femme as a “panic button” and never ended up installing her during the tournament (IIRC). I’d assume Femme would overwrite Alias if Femme was ever needed.

If I’m not mistaken, I was one of the two match losses he suffered that day, R6 Swiss.

I was running the Manchester Rocket Knight list and a GRNDL list very similar to what I was running at GrandLan. The game was notable in that neither Tennin or Silhouette was allowed to trigger once. Like most of the decks I ran against, Tennin seemed to have trouble with early pressure on it’s econ, and I pulled away early from Silhouette with a surprise refinery, who then tanked drawing adequate econ. Might as well have been a blank ID since she was locked out of HQ from turn 1.

Their direct, focused line of play is a strength, to be sure, but it is also a liability. Not that it is a fault unique to these builds. “Speed Kills” is a pretty common theme these days, and I drew very well these matches to boot.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t call 40/15 a blank ID :slight_smile:

i think most corps have trouble with early pressure on their econ and a criminal id says you can play blue cards…its never blank.

His words, not mine. It was a remark he made after we finished.
And the only dude who can’t play blue cards (most of the good ones, anyway) is the Professor, so what are we really talking about here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you happen to have the deck lists for the second place decks ?

I play mostly in home games. I don’t get to deck build as much as I’d like, and I’ve been wanting to trying out a shaper deck that makes good use of prepaid voicepad.

Mplain those decks are from Portland not Chicago. I have no clue what got 2nd in Chicago though.

Rachel bartmoss If your just looking for solid pad shaper decks there is a thread on here with a bunch of them.

1 Like

Woops, sorry about that =_=

Here is what I played on saturday, please direct questions to @Lysander and @PeekaySK , the original designers of these:

PvP Kate
Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (20)

Hardware (9)

Resource (3)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (7)

CSI
Cerebral Imaging: Infinite Frontiers (Creation and Control)

Agenda (9)

Operation (27)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (3)
3x Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control)

Sentry (5)

4 Likes