Chronos Protocol - You don't need that card do you?

I tried Snares, they’re not worth it. The cost is double - they take up a non-ice, non-agenda, non econ slot, and then cost you money. Shock is also archives protection.

Kill is not the goal until the runner draws out. Sometimes they’ll die because they were reckless, but that’s not the plan.

Bako is kinda odd, given that we’re already running Galahad. The deck is already rushy - damage ice is a big deterrent in Chronos. I’ve scored a surprising amount of points behind two pieces of porous ice.

Crick is mostly for security testing on archives, and is for Caprice, Clinics and ice (and, ocasionally, Jacksons and agendas). It’s here in response to Archives pressure.

thought about shi.kyu any? the money is still there, but it’s sometimes a nice deterant, and you might trigger 1 net multiple times because of it. I’m not sure how I feel about shock, does it do work for you?

Shi.Kyu doesn’t protect R&D, and can be ignored by the runner by taking the minus points option, and costs money. If I’m going to spend only 1-2 on Shi.Kyu, shock is probably just better.

The strategy for Chronos (at least this version) is a bit weird. PE is trying to do as much damage as possible over the game, and if it spikes hard enough to kill the runner, sweet! Tag and bag tries to land lethal damage all at once.

Chronos, you’re trying to do damage on as many turns as possible. Thousands Cuts, that are all deeper than normal. Of course, should the runner draw out (a not uncommon occurrence in my experience) murder can be your endgame. However, most of the time you’re like a porcupine - attacking you is not lethal, usually, but it sure is unpleasant.

As long as unpleasantness can lead to victory more often than not, sure it’s a great plan, but your deck really wants to play fast, and even though shi.kyu doesn’t protect your r&d, it’s a nice tempo gain for the runner to lose a point, and allows you to make bolder remote plays, which could lead to the runner hitting HQ more often, leading to even more shi.kyu hits.

Disclaimer, I’m pretty much arguing for the sake of arguing, but I always feel like there’s work to be done on decks like this, I never feel quite right with jinteki lately, but that’s probably just me

If I was made of dollars, mayble. Realistically, the negative points are less valuable in a deck full of one pointers.

The speed of this deck is… weird. It wants to rush house of knives, and occasionally a Fetal, but rarely a TFP. Rushing is something you do for advantage, not the whole plan.

I agree. The third CG is a great example. I’ve been feeling just a bit off econ wise, and that should help.

Also, I’d recommend this deck as an interesting Jinteki experience. Suddenly any damage is threatening. Neural EMP and random times for value. All sorts of fun.

Hey fellow Stimhackers!
Since the NAPD MWL dropped I’ve decided to give Chronos Protocol a good look. I’ve noticed from previous post a specific trend of running this deck. Is running a Jinteki shell game build out of Chronos Protocol not desirable? I understand Grail Ice can be quite punishing but I always thought it was better to put the runner under click compression with the shell game? What do you’ll think?

Any chance you would prefer Batty to Caprice for more breaker denial? Deck looks cool, and I’m quite interested in breaker destroying decks with both clone chip and parasite being MWL’d.

This is my take on it using Batty for rig denial.

Pick apart your rig

Chronos Protocol: Selective Mind-mapping (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Agenda (10)
3x House of Knives (Honor and Profit)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (6)
1x Aggressive Secretary (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)

Upgrade (5)
2x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)
3x Marcus Batty (The Underway)

Operation (9)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Neural EMP (Core Set)

Barrier (5)
2x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
2x Quicksand (Chrome City)
1x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)

Code Gate (6)
1x Crick (Breaker Bay)
1x Lotus Field i[/i]
1x Turing (Breaker Bay) [color=#8A2BE2]•••[/color]
1x Wormhole (Order and Chaos) [color=#006400]••[/color]
2x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (5)
1x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]
1x Mamba (Up and Over)
2x Rototurret (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]
1x Swordsman (Second Thoughts)

Other (3)
3x Data Mine (Core Set)
14 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

Caprice is really useful against several matchups - criminal especially. If you want Batty, I’d cut the Pavilions first.

Honestly, I don’t really see the reason to take the risk inherent in Batty.

@ThndrJudge - Turing seems kinda odd here. You’ve got decent AI hate in the form of Swordsman, so why spend influence on Turing?

Also, hows the money working out?

I may give CP another shot post-MWL. My previous conclusions about the ID was that it didn’t kill better than PE and didn’t score out better than RP. I could grind a game but rarely close it out. Turns out runner frustration is not a win condition. :wink:

The Turing is there because I wanted a second piece of AI hate but for normal breaker suites Swordsman is just a 1 credit tax on a remote server, in addition a lot of AI breakers are supplemented with Mimic or Femme which makes Swordsman irrelevant in the later game. Having one Turing to put onto my scoring server if I haven’t managed to destabilize their rig is really strong (at least in my experience).

Also I haven’t had too many issues fitting what I want into this deck with influence problems.

Money-wise I was struggling a little bit in previous incarnations where I would have some drip economy, it would be trashed and I would just have to play broke. When I switched over to event based + Melange burst economy the deck worked much better.

I don’t want to derail the active deck discussion, but this is what my girlfriend rolled up with after deciding to build her deck. She is a true sadist.

With a little help from me we tuned it to that, and we’re trying to see if we can get econ for “offer you can’t refuse” because with grail, that shit is nasty.

1 Like

I feel that this deck doesn’t have the economy to fire snares and pay for Gemini, maybe gemini and a snare could be cut for more $ and 2nd snare for offer?

It’s about damage as harassment. If starting a run opens up opportunities for you to lose good cards, then you get caught in a dilemma.

Honestly, econ is going to be a problem with that list. Sundew is to conditional - the slots would be better used with either Clinics or Gifts.

Snare is nasty - but how often can you really afford it? I intentionally went for on access damage that didn’t cost me a dime.

1 Like

honestly she does fine with the econ. You hold the sundews until the runner drops a breaker, then you throw an Ice over it, most runners, once you show you’re on grail, wont contest it until you get enough credits. The point of it, is to try to get runners to hurry up and attack it, and blow out their rig with batty and/or grails. Unless you hit a denial deck, it is surprisingly fine

3 Likes

I just copied you, putting stuff here and there, mixing stuff, and voila :
Will-os are just stupid there.
On one point the runner will stop accessing R&D because of the on access stuff, then you can start alleling it back from subliminals and do stupid mind tricks (allele works for instaGrails too, and it’s a shame I have no slot for Midori there).

Simple stuff. v6 (Hayleyx3, Reina, Leela, Kate) - d1(Noise) for now :slight_smile:

Stop. Hammer time.

Agenda (10)

Asset (11)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (6)

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (7)

• 2x Crick (Breaker Bay)
  • 3x Merlin (All That Remains) •••
  • 2x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (5)

• 3x Lancelot (First Contact) •••
  • 2x Pup (Honor and Profit)

Other (1)

15 influence spent (max 15)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I’ve been playing ChonosProtocol for a while, and here is what I’ve been doing with it.

Arthurian Time Travel

Agenda (12)
3x Chronos Project (First Contact)
3x House of Knives (Honor and Profit)
3x Medical Breakthrough (Honor and Profit)
1x Philotic Entanglement (Honor and Profit)
2x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (8)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]••[/color]
3x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
3x Shock! (True Colors)

Upgrade (6)
3x Hokusai Grid (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Marcus Batty (The Underway)

Operation (6)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Neural EMP (Core Set)

Barrier (6)
3x Galahad i[/i] [color=#708090]•••[/color]
3x Markus 1.0 (The Source) [color=#8A2BE2]•••[/color]

Code Gate (5)
1x Crick (Breaker Bay)
1x Interrupt 0 (Kala Ghoda) [color=#FF8C00]•[/color]
3x Merlin (All That Remains) [color=#708090]•••[/color]

Sentry (6)
1x Cortex Lock (The Valley)
2x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
3x Lancelot (First Contact) [color=#708090]•••[/color]
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

I’m trying out the breaker-denial approach again now that there’s more support. It still feels like there’s too much recursion out there to make a scoring window and keep it open for long enough to exploit it. That and I’m running high value agendas to keep R&D digs from tearing it apart, so you also have to line up one of these windows with having an agenda to install.

CP Lockout

Agenda (9)

Asset (12)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (15)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (5)

49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

The goal is to score out behind cheap gear-check ice and use net damage/salem’s hospitality/Kala Ghoda Real TV to prevent them from getting the breaker they need. Bio-ethics goes out naked or with a hokusai on it. They absolutely have to deal with it, so you make them take some net damage for it (and turn on neural EMP/power shutdown).

In testing, I’ve killed parasites/deja vu’s/clone chips multiple times and still had all my ice get gutted. Disposable breaker geist automatically wins. Shaper is less impossible than it used to be since clone chip is no longer an automatic 3x include, but it’s still tough.

Suggestions would be welcome! I’m thinking that Bio-ethics is kind of underperforming. Would maybe drop them + a GFI for some combination of chronos project / nisei mk 2 / fetal AI. Maybe a batty to hopefully get a window from roto/swordsman/cobra.

You just need more Hostile and Temple methinks, maybe psychic field, some interns. I’d say to make room, maybe more 2 ofs than 3 ofs.