Classic Netrunner League

Introducing a new format Classic ANR.

8 quintessential match up’s from the history of Netrunner chosen for their characteristics of fairness and fun. Each match up consists of two decks each balanced for it’s counterpart to provide as close a game as possible.

The league will run until New years day and fill the gap between now and the next data pack. There will be no playoff.

You can join the league here Standings: Classic ANR - ChallengeBoards.Net
Password: ppkate

if people could but in the description on challenge what deck they won with. I can compile stats after.

League ends: 2018-08-01T00:00:00-08:00
Top 4 battle out in round robin playoff of random two sided matches.

Rules are the same as the SHL except you must play a fixed list Vs. the corresponding list from the match up’s below. Also there will be no play off. Any deviation from the lists will results in an automatic game loss. This is to keep the lists balanced.

1. Astrobiotics Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB Vs. Prepaid Kate Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB
  2. Supermodernism Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB Vs. Andysucker Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB
  3. RP Glacier Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB Vs. Reg Maxx Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB
  4. Foodcoats Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB Vs Book of Kate Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB
  5. ETF FA Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB Vs. Katman Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB
  6. Panic Plana Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB Vs. Noise Shop Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB
  7. Tempo CTM Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB Vs. Papa Whizz Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB
  8. Bootcamp Glacier Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB Vs. Stealth Andy Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB

Credit to @beyoken who first conceived of the format and organised the lists.

14 Likes

hype emoji

Should we use same Slack channel as during SHL to look for opponents?

1 Like

Good idea done. #classic-anr-league

2 Likes

This league needs more dlr, the most iconic net runner deck.

4 Likes

DLR mkay but vs who ?

Latest DLR were particularly broken : french championship 2017

Just to clarify, we arrange matches ourselves, and can play them out either IRL or online? Would they work on jnet or do we have to use the jinteki.eternalanr.com fork?

Yep just play on jnet as normal. You can arrange games on slack or put up a game on jnet.

1 Like

Can it be DLR MaxX vs SYNC?

Awesome idea, definitely keen to play if I can. Is anyone able to find/write a brief summary of each deck, how it’s meant to work, any tips/tricks etc for those of us who weren’t around during this meta and are frankly too lazy to try and figure it out ourselves? :wink:

There are a few tips in this Google doc

Plus if you ask in the slack channel there will probably be someone happy to give tips or talk in depth particularly if it’s their pet deck

2 Likes

I think @beyoken did a stream game with each deck. There are some here

1 Like

Bravo @lpoulter

Great idea.

How tested are these dex/matchups?

1 Like

A lot to a little depending on the MU. @beyoken was the original complier of the lists and myself and @RotomAppliance helped test them. I’m certainly open to balance suggestions bearing in mind that the some decks appear mismatched at first or against less experienced opponents and some are really high varience, ppkate vs neh for example. They are certainly not perfect and I’d like to swap out cards like plascrete with cards that are good at least some of the time.

1 Like

Man, it felt so GOOD to put the PPVP suit on again. Like catching up with an old friend.

3 Likes

I was really excited because I thought this was Classic WotC Netrunner. This is cool too though.

I played 5 games in a row of PP Kate last night and could have done more if I didn’t have to go to work the next day. :raised_hands:

1 Like

if people could but in the description on challenge what deck they won with. I can compile stats after.

League ends: 2018-08-01T00:00:00-08:00
Top 4 battle out in round robin playoff of random two sided matches.

1 Like

Laurie trying to get top 4 with a losing record, I see.