Community Design Exercise - Ep.1 Green Dog

Trace X (grip) is a great idea :slight_smile:

Very creative 24/7 pasta.

I like the idea of beneficial traces for the Runner…especially since the goodies are available only to runners that have low enough link. But at Trace 0, doesn’t the Runner always win the trace? There’s no reason for the Corp to boost, and the runner would never get the goodies. What about a Trace 1 so that only Runners with zero link will benefit?

You’re almost right, the trace have no real purpose… Unless you like Arrabbiata sauce with your 24/7 pasta :sunglasses:

The card have recursive credits so if the corp need to win traces for Aryabatha Tech reasons, she should really invest in that.

The second reason is since those recursive credits are really a strong effect in the right deck, I needed not to put “trace 0 punish runner” all the way. There should be a risk for the corp to rez that card.

The idea of deck I had with it was NBN Always Watching, Macrophage, Door to door, Aryabatha Tech (hence the pasta title).

For the Weyland card, the hidden pun there is just a tower of subs shooting a meat in the end, that can be sniped on access by the runner, or snipe an access for the runner. :wink:
Could have a purpose in Gagarin, but I’m not really sure.

Got it. I played a Glacier CTM with Aryabhata, Macrophage and Sync BRE for a long time…but with Surveillance Sweep instead of D2D. I would totally add the Pasta. It would probably be too strong. I’d make it a trace 1 so some runner’s can get the good stuff after they’ve trashed the aTech…but that’s just me. Like it either way.

Lapdog is legit cool.

Dalmatian
Weyland
Sentry
Res cost 5, Strength 1, Inf 4
Dalmatian can be advanced and has +1 strength for each advancement token on it.
When the runner encounters Dalmatian, it gains “-> Place 1 advancement token on a card that can be advanced” for each card in the Runner’s grip.
Limit 101 per deck.

Could be nice to change a 2-advanced card in the server into a 6-advanced. Combos with the new advancaable ice. Also, nice face plant as it can turn itself into a 5+ strength ice with 4+ subroutines.

This thread needs more Dog memes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay…
http://mancunion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/lady-and-the-tramp.jpg

Awwww…cute. Lady. And here’s friend Cujo.

Hmmm…after some thought, I have a submission for Yellow dog.

Old Yeller
4 inf
Sentry - 5 rez, 1 str
When the runner encounters this ice, reveal the runner’s grip.
Gains “-> the runner loses 2c” for each event revealed.
Gains “-> the runner takes 1 tag” for each resource revealed.
Gains “-> the runner returns an installed card to their grip” for each program revealed.

Like!

This is a very neat card and I really like it but I think it’s too strong. However I think moving advancement tokens would be really neat.

Move 1 advancement token from one installed card to another installed card that can be advanced.

Thinking about it, I think it might be really neat as a pseudo trap.
Dalmation
Weyland
Sentry - trap
Rez 5, STR 1, INF 4

When the Runner encounters Dalmatian, it gains an advancement counter.
Dalmatian gains “>Move 1 advancement token from one installed card to another installed card that can be advanced” for each card in the runner’s grip.
When the Runner passes Dalmatian, you may rez another copy of Dalmatian ignoring all costs.

Limit 5 per deck.

Another one for Weyland :

XxX
Weyland sentry - 5c - str X
X is the number of cards in the runner’s grip

=> the runner gains X tags

I think there could be a version that lets you basically break subroutines with cards in some way.

Broker
Weyland
Sentry - trap
Rez 5, STR 1, INF 4

When the Runner encounters Broker the Runner may install any number of cards from their grip facedown.
Broker gains “->Gain 2 Credits. The Runner may add 1 of their facedown installed cards to their grip.” for each card in the runner’s grip.

1 Like

Hey is this gonna be like a netrunner reality show, where a panel of judges critiques our design and tells us we’ll never be good but to keep trying?

2 Likes

I will try to get Gordon Ramsay to appear by leaving out a raw steak for him to yell at.

They basically did this on Run Last Click. It’s a great episode.

Woofer - NBN, 4 inf, 4 rez, 1 STR
ICE - Sentry - Annoying
When the runner encounters woofer, they may add any number of their installed cards to their grip, then woofer loses 1 subroutine for each card in the runner’s grip.
->Give the runner 1 tag
->Give the runner 1 tag
->Give the runner 1 tag
->Give the runner 1 tag
->Give the runner 1 tag
->Give the runner 1 tag
->Give the runner 1 tag

Reverse doggo? I like how it ties in with NBN’s bouncing theme.

1 Like