Competitive Kit Discussion

Kit seems to be the fan boy shaper and for good reason, she is super fun to play. However, a lot of people steer away from her or don’t place really high that often with her. This is due to lack of representation as well as the lack and will to actually play her when options like PPVP Kate is around. I can’t blame them but outside of Chris Hinkes, no one represents her at a high level. I think she has the potential to be a tier 1.5 deck when piloted properly. So let’s talk competitive kit.

To start off, here is a list that is more of the Chris Hinkes style with a few additives of my own since he hasn’t published a recent decklist in awhile.

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (21)

Hardware (7)

Resource (3)

Icebreaker (8)

Program (6)

10 influence spent (max 10)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

This is defined by it’s mopus / vamp combo that he has been playing for as long as anyone can remember. It gains a lot of money off mopus and vamps the corp into a position where their scoring window is suddenly gone.

I’ve been testing this variant of mine, which I’ve enjoyed, but there are so many different packages that kit can utilize. A lot of people like Kati since she only runs once a turn. Others swear by spooned, parasite, atman, datasucker, and even recently London Library. She has so many different avenues she can go down, but only 10 influence to do so. Her choices require the deck be built around that commitment.

I’ve played Kit as stealth, with kate / proCo package, with this stimshop variant I’m running now, as big rig, and other jank inbetween with paintbrush, but I inevitably end up thinking my build is weak or not on par yet.

I created this topic for a few reasons:

1. To discuss what packages people consider competitive on Kit
  2. What decks have people been playing to success
  3. How to fix her weakest MU, which seems to me personally to be astrobiotics.

I’ll also accept any questions or advice on my deck. I admit that I am in no way , shaper, or form a professional pilot or builder of kit and will be humble in suggestions.

Discuss.

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t enjoy playing any other Shaper other than Kit. Her 10 influence is such a hard restriction though.

I’ve been having quite a lot of fun on OCTGN with this list recently:

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (14)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
1x Lucky Find (Double Time)
1x Modded (Core Set)
1x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
1x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (11)
1x Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core Set)
1x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
3x Lockpick (Opening Moves)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (9)
3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1 (All That Remains)
1x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Dagger (Creation and Control)
1x Mimic (Core Set)
1x Refractor (First Contact)
1x Sharpshooter (True Colors)

Program (6)
2x Cloak (Creation and Control)
1x Clot (The Valley)
1x Parasite (Core Set)
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
10 influence spent (max 10)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Valley

Basically Stealth Kit, with Cy-Cy support to spare some Stealth credits if you have to run multiple times. Clot and Parasite are both no-brainers. Not happy with Proco and Kati competing for clicks. Maybe the Katis should be Daily Casts, but I’m afraid I’ll have too little econ then. OTOH, that means a dead card less. Could go either way.

A+ thread. I’ve been playing stealth Kit practically since I started playing the game, and think it is strong enough to be competitive at a high level. I got top 8 at Cambridge with a ProCo stealth Kit deck, and have lately been playing this visage variant that I think is strictly better.

Event (10)

3x Diesel
1x Legwork ••
1x Lucky Find ••
1x Stimhack •
3x Sure Gamble
1x The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (10)

2x Astrolabe
2x Clone Chip
3x Lockpick
1x Plascrete Carapace
2x R&D Interface

Resource (14)

3x Daily Casts
3x Ghost Runner
2x Kati Jones
2x Personal Workshop
1x Same Old Thing
2x Symmetrical Visage
1x Utopia Shard •

Icebreaker (5)

2x Cerberus “Lady” H1
2x Refractor
1x Switchblade ••

Program (6)

2x Cloak
1x Clot ••
3x Self-modifying Code

1 Like

How is running only a single astrolabe working for you? I briefly tried swapping one of mine for an aka, but the card draw was sorely missed in the neh matchup.

Has anyone given Netready Yog kit a try? I used to play Yog0saurus Kit back before the store championship season and it served me pretty well, but I thought NetReady would make it loads better since you could rely on Datasucker and Netready instead of DinoSaurus. I’m going to give it another whirl once I’m tired of Leela (not happening any time soon as far as I can tell).

2 Likes

How is running switchblade over dagger? I’ve never been able to bring myself to do it because I value the 2 influence too much for that second legwork/ spooned shenanigans. I also run a corroder instead of lady because I like to just go. Here is my list. it’s a stealth spooned list that I’ve been having a lot of fun with. I’ll have to try out visage. I like pro co too much…

I bet it’s pretty solid in general. I might end up testing and letting you know. 3 influence for yog leaves us 7. I guess utopia, legwork, femme, stimhack, clot, and even lucky find could fill out the remainder.

I think I’d run:

3x yog
1x femme
2x legwork
1x clot

or swap out the 2nd legwork for double stimhack

I like switchblade because stealth takes up a lot of deck slots that make fitting enough econ tight. The extra efficiency goes a long way against RP (even new rp decks, Breaking pup or the single tsurugi for 0 real creds is big), and it’s a nice safety net. Breaking information overload for free is also fun and funny when playing against butchershop, and Ichi is a good one as well. I have considered swapping to make room for parasite, however.

I was team ProCo for a long time. Embarrassingly, my deck description of my Cambridge deck claimed that ProCo was clearly the superior choice, and then I immediately found a way to make the swap. I think proco made me durdle too much, and the swap made me slot in more burst econ and draw that helps against neh a lot.

How do you like spooned? I had two in my deck for the longest time, but dropped them during regionals training and haven’t looked back. 6 influence is a lot.

I like Datasucker in the deck, probably as a 1-of instead of the 3rd Yog (you’ll find it quick with SMCs, Diesels and QTs anyway). Otherwise, that inf spread looks solid.

I used to run 2x Lucky Find in mine (no clot and -1 legwork) for the money boost, but I think netready being 0 credits instead of 5 for Dino would make dropping it fine, and once you’re up you’re basically running for free/really cheap.

Another interesting expenditure would be Career Fair and running a resource based econ for heavy click efficiency, then you could run Paintbrush/Tinkering for those situations where they’d be clutch.

I like spooned as a better parasite since kit generally doesn’t run datasucker. That being said, we don’t have control over what gets hit with that spooned so it doesn’t play out as well as it looks on paper and 3 influence is too much imo. I think the right call is dropping it.

Your argument for switchblade is interesting. I forgot about IO since I don’t see much butchershop, but it makes sense. I also see a lot of ichi 1.0. I’ll sleeve it up.

I don’t want to leave team proco, but I’ll give it a shot. I miss diesels because I felt like I had to run dirty laundry if I ran pro co to make that tempo hit easier. I’ll check out visage. Thanks for the sound reasoning.

1 Like

You’d probably want to have two or three CyCys in there as well. A poorly timed CVS or inability to find sucker early could really set you back if you lean too hard on Yog.

That’s true; I was playing the deck before CVS. Though it would be pretty odd for them to have 5+ str painful ICE on each central in order to lock you out for good.

Not to mention that you could scavenge the femme onto whatever beast is covering the central and run through for tokens once more.

True… Maybe just one CyCy then. Probably isn’t really necessary honestly, but I play safe and lame :smile:

I think honestly the answer and why I’m not running NRE with Yog consists of two problems.

1. That’s our precious influence
  2. It requires datasucker support (more influence) or additional decoders.

Running only a single datasucker isn’t reliable to see it often enough so that’s mainly why I steered away from this option. You honestly want to have 2 datasuckers to have one show up and be consistent. Sure you might have a great game here and there, but over a large number of games, you’ll be missing it when you need it.

I also didn’t want to say “oh, I can’t break this tollbooth” right now. I’ll bbl. I want decoders that will work if I have the money. If you can make a build that supplements a yog with NRE, while not requiring too many pieces that sounds amazing, but right now, I feel like there is too much to put together. Easier time putting together stealth :wink:

Yes.

If you so desire you could drop either the Clot/Parasite for a legwork. However I am quite liking this build and am obsessed with the efficiency of Yog.0. Kits ability now becomes economy as well as tinkering.

Yogfficiency (45 cards)
Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman
– Event (13 cards)
3 Diesel
1 Escher
2 Modded
1 Scavenge
3 Sure Gamble
3 Tinkering
– Hardware (9 cards)
2 Astrolabe
3 Clone Chip
2 Net-Ready Eyes
2 R&D Interface
– Program (14 cards)
1 Atman
2 Cerberus “Lady” H1
1 Clot
3 Datasucker
1 Mimic
1 Parasite
3 Self-modifying Code
2 Yog.0
– Resource (9 cards)
2 Armitage Codebusting
3 Daily Casts
2 Kati Jones
2 Symmetrical Visage

2 Likes

The important part of the package is pretty cheap. Yog being 1 inf per is one of the best deals in the game, especially if you can make it a versatile main breaker.

This is a downside, for sure, but a pretty tame one. Datasucker is also a really efficient influence spend for the bang it gives you, and if you run Inti (for wraparound) and femme (because it’s awesome) the datasuckers do double duty.

I used to run more than 1 datasucker, but I honestly ended up SMCing for it often enough that it was fine to have 1. You don’t need them all the time generally since there should be picking up tokens incidentally throughout the game. I tended to have many, many tokens by the time I started to use them. Again, this was before CVS where people would be opportunistically shutting me down mid-run; maybe that math is completely different now.

This I totally get, and Net Ready Yog0sucker is going to get hosed sometimes. If you hate that, it’s definitely not your deck. When I was running it with DinoYog, I found that the times I got hosed were pretty rare (only started to happen with IT department) and the gameplay was otherwise fun., but if you just hate that feeling you’d probably hate the deck’s play :wink:

A friend of mine has been running Kit with a great deal of success! He managed to make top four at UK Nationals. I think he’s working on an in depth strategy article, and without wanting to steal his thunder, he absolutely swears by Refractor. At a cost of just one, you can break most early game single iced servers without needing stealth, letting you put a great deal of early pressure on.

4 Likes

This is absolutely what I found. When you can tinkering a 4-5 cost piece of ICE into 0, you’ve played what is effectively an economy event. Yog is such a weird breaker in that it isn’t just efficient; it’s actually free. Enabling yourself to use it to break things gives you massive savings over the game and really gives the corp a puzzle about how to structure their ICE.

Paging Doctor Hinkes, paging Doctor Hinkes, please report!

3 Likes

No joke! Though I’ve gotten the impression that he’s keeping his decks under wraps this year, since last year he exploded onto the scene with the amazing Jinteki deck and then everyone teched against it :wink:

2 Likes