Competitive Kit Discussion

Props for bringing Kit to Worlds. What kind of corp decks did you face?

A few NEH FA. A few EtF Glacier. Hmm, that may have been it. I can’t remember any other IDs. Maybe one SYNC?

1 Like

netrunnerdb is skitzing out for me (somehow I’m signed in, but not enough to comment), so I’ll leave this here:

I’d likely change:

-1 Utopia
+1 Scrubber (as you’re checking so many assets anyway with John)
-1 mimic
+1 PW
+1 femme (combo of femme/PW is necessary if you want to guarantee a successful run/turn)

-1 Plascrete because even one makes me vomit in my mouth a little

+1 QT
-1 Modded (digging for items onto the PW seems stronger)

I would highly consider
-1 Modded
+1 escher

Are these all negative moves? Are some valid?

It’s been doing that (not letting me comment) for a while. This a known bug? @Alsciende?

I agree with removing Utopia and Mimic. I don’t think I need a third Femme. I do want my 3rd QT back. I’ve considered Scrubber and it is perhaps worth more testing, but it isn’t as useful in glacier matchups. Stimhack is also a good influence option.

I’m hesitant to swap out a Modded for a Workshop. That pushes me more towards glacier, and the Modded help keep tempo up. But it might be the right move.

I’m not a fan of Escher. Not when I’m running 3x Vamp.

Good points! However, I find the escher and vamp have different purposes.

Vamp gets you into the remote. Escher opens up a hitherto closed R&D. Depends on the matchup, and if you had to allow rezzed ice on the remote (to trash assets/sansans). If you did, I think escher is great. Escher really re-enables the lock after they put that 4th ice on R&D.

I’m a fan of stimhack. Best card in an opus deck, especially when you have PW out. I can get on board with that. Given this (and given your dislike of escher…my favorite card in the game ;-( ), I’d try -1 Utopia, -1 mimic, +2 stimhack, -2 Plascrete (I hate it), +1 PW, +1 QT

1 Like

Play a few games versus Haarp 24/7 murder, then tell me you still want to remove the Plascretes…

4 Likes

I’m stubborn :wink:

Best use of single influence imo is stimhack. Has great synergy with PW and SMC and can alleviate the slowness of clicking mopus.

removing the 2nd plascrete is a mistake. Don’t.

I wouldn’t run escher and vamp.

I’m currently testing a single atman and putting it at 4/5 depending what i need against foodcoats. I’m still looking for the best slot. I’m sold on the rest of the list with how popular glacial is now.

1 Like

My current version is actually 9 influence. =-p

I played against an fast Kit at Worlds, that used Stimhack to get out Torch after a first turn Magnum Opus - that was quite intimidating. Fortunately Caprice is strong enough to keep Kit out with stacked servers.

The problem with MO is it’s easy for the Corp to judge your economy, but it is powerful economy all the same. Stimhack puts the threat of a quick burst back on the table.

1 Like

So I’ve been testing a Yog-NRE Kit list the last couple of weeks. It’s powerful. And then they had to print freakin Archangel. :stuck_out_tongue:

NRE has let me get away with not feeling guilty including two Plascrete. In the matchups where they aren’t trying to kill me, they’re crappy Diesels if I get them before the NRE. The deck is still fine most of the time with just eating the damage from the NRE, but it’s a niche use of Plascrete.

I also really, REALLY like using Atman with an NRE out. It lets me move Atman up one step if needed, and is brilliant.

PW is pulling its weight, when I manage to draw it. StimSMC lets me get out the Yog faster than I otherwise would, so I can still threaten early.

The big weakness is that since Crim is on the downswing, large ICE is more popular, and Yog doesn’t like that. It does work very well against any Rush decks with Quandary/Enigma, because Yog’s been less popular recently. If I had to say, Yog NRE Kit is a good build, but a meta choice only. It’s bad in this meta of large ICE, which doesn’t look to be going away anytime soon. (Dangit, Archangel! We were having a GOOD TIME. And yes, I can Sucker through it, but it’s annoying to do so.)

1 Like

hey there fellow kit fans. I have been tinkering with a lot deck in my local meta and I have really liked the results so far. It’s a bit R&D heavy but I have enjoyed my ability to get into most servers and in stark contrast to most of my kits, I’m not usually short on money. What's kits deal? · NetrunnerDB

Rielle “Kit” Peddler (Creation and Control)

Event (11)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x The Maker’s Eye (Core Set)

Hardware (11)
2x Bookmark (The Universe of Tomorrow)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control)
2x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) ····
3x Lockpick (Opening Moves)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (10)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
2x Faust (The Underway) ····
3x Refractor (First Contact)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) ·

Program (7)
1x Datasucker (Core Set) ·
3x DaVinci (The Universe of Tomorrow)
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)

Cards in deck: 45 (min 45)
10/10 influence used
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

This is the first Kit deck I’ve seen that:

• Includes Bookmark
  • Includes Yog AND Refractor
  • Has e3 Feedback Implants and Faust
  • Has Proco and Faust (Which at least is interesting synergy)

Can I get some more insight as to how you use Yog and Refractor together? It seems like you’ll have a hard time getting into a two+ iced server, as well. It also looks glacially slow, without Diesel.

Bookmarks are for defending against scorch if it is a murder deck and if it isn’t the stored cards can be popped mid-run in case you need Faust food.

The refractor/yog combo is essentially to save money if I the ice is 3 or below. If, for example, a web is the outer ice, it’s free. Deeper in the server the refractor can come up to strength very easily and break for cheap (I’ve been thinking about a torch instead tho). The Faust pairs well because it can break everything else, and then you can just e3 additional subs. I can get into a three deep server without a lot of issues but 4+ starts to be a problem because I have no trashing.

The davinci are important to it because if you get three tokens on it most of what you need you can put out out of hand during a run.

Bookmark? E3? Net Ready Eyes? You guys are crazy for forsaking the one true stealth kit build ™.

Seriously though it’s good to see some experimentation even if it’s stuff that probably doesn’t work out. Never know how good something really is until you give it a try though I wouldn’t expect Faust/Bookmark kit to be the next worlds winner.

On another subject, I took stealth kit to another GNK and she went 4-1 but I don’t think people were bringing their strongest decks. I saw 2xTurtlebacks, PE, Sol, HB-FA so I think people were experimenting a bit at the start of a new season. Knifed didn’t do that much as people weren’t playing that many barriers it seemed but it did take out an eli or 2. I regret dropping Pacrica but I felt I needed the slot for another Kati which was very useful when keeping up on money against HB deck. Archangel was a pain but at least it was only being run in NBN which didn’t run too many ice leaving me with enough stealth credits to break through.

I’m still not a fan of knifed. Most deck drop an eli to force the lady and that’s as far as it goes. Using knifed to break eli by clicking through is cute, but I don’t think it’s that powerful. We have lady, that is our answer already UNLESS you’re on stealth, and then sure, I can see that.

you probably meant an installed and rezzed archangel, but just thought I’d stop in and mention you can’t sucker through one triggered in hand or deck…

I did; but I had an Atman at 5 for Assassin… So I just gave it NRE for the run on Archangel and it worked prettttty goooood.

Huh, how come? Isn’t it considered being encountered like that as well?