Competitive Kit Discussion

datasucker specifically says it only works on ‘rezzed ice’. Ice accessed from HQ or R&D isn’t rezzed.

Why do you think Knifed is more justifiable in stealth than non-stealth?

Because it’s hard to find MU for Parasite, it’s hard to find slots for Scavenge to recur Lady, and it’s hard to find money to pay for recurring Lady since you don’t have Scavenge.

3 Likes

Basically what Higgs said. If you’re on stealth, deck slots are tighter and you’re poor.

Stealth generally runs a corroder since they don’t have money to pay for lady and no way to recur her, thus knifed is better in stealth since eli costs 4 for corroder and you can never kill it.

Knifed is actually a pseudo econ card in some sense out of a stealth list when you use it to kill eli.

1 Like

I see, thanks. I’m coming back to stealth Kit after a bit of a hiatus, but have always used Lady in the past. Maybe I should try the corroder/knifed thing, though 5-8 influence is a tough price to pay.

Before Lady, I played Snowball as an influence free alternative to Corroder. With two Eli’s, it breaks even with Corroder.

2 Likes

I was playing Inti just to get through wraparounds… But I like the Snowball angle, too. Snowball’s issue normally is the install cost, otherwise it’s a decent breaker, slightly worse than Corroder on single barrier servers, slightly better if they’ve stacked up barriers.

1 eli on rnd and 1 on the scoring remote is much worse for snowball though. I don’t think snowball is bad. I just don’t think it has a place in the current meta. People are running barriers basically only to force a gear check. I do think snowball is good against weyland though!

@dogs after TS came out and turtlebacks became popular but is now fading, there are still certain cards that are must trash. Stealth kit has been poor lately trying to keep up in econ to trash them and still have money to do other things. The reason corroder is seeing play is because it’s cheap to lay or smc if we have to while also keeping good tempo vs NEH.

Other than that, not much has changed. Oh, except every stealth kit should be on switchblade right now. I don’t think that’s debatable at all.

Two Scrubber feels like it would be important for stealth Kit. I’d play that over the Corroder, probably.

1 Like

I think it’s very debatable! Between Architect, Ichi and Assassin, Foodcoats runs a helluva lot of sentries that are in the 1 stealth cred range for Dagger, but take 2 for Switchblade. Stacking them is a very easy way to tax out Ghost Runners if you try to rely on Switchblade. Tsurugi, Komainu and Archer are the only places where Switchblade really comes out ahead, and since RP has given up on the first two and Weyland are garbage right now, I don’t see much reason to be spending inf on a probably inferior breaker.

3 Likes

I’ve run into very rough games from tour guide running as stealth kit, but I don’t know how widely used it is.

1 Like

I’m the biggest supporter of dagger on this forum. I love that breaker more than any other sentry breaker in the entire game, but assassin and ichi 1.0 stacked on a server is just brutal. 5 real credits or 4 stealth? Both are bad options. I generally have 4 stealth, I don’t always have 5 actual credits but stealth is limited.

I retract my former statement. This is debatable :smile:

4 Likes

For the record, here is my stealth kit as of 2 weeks ago. On both dagger and scrubber.

Agreed. I’m on two Scrubber, and inti+lady for barriers.

@Four_Leaf I’m surprised money is an issue with that list. There’s a ton of econ in there.

I didn’t have Lucky Finds until recently. I was on double legwork. Someone, I think @Kore noted he tried it. I like having that much money.

I think Lady vs Corroder comes down to what kind of barriers you expect to see rather than stealth vs non-stealth. If you’re expecting HB, Lady is the best choice for her ability to get through Eli 1.0. If you’re expecting NBN, you’ll want Corroder to easily break Wraparound and Resistor.

Someday FFG might print a stealth fracter that’s worth playing but until then we’re running either Lady or Corroder. That is part of the reason, I started adding Knifted to my Kit decks. Barriers are the only ice we have to break with ‘fair’ breakers and so they’re the #1 target for ice destruction.

Have you tried replacing Symmetrical Visage with Technical Writer?

I have not. My guess is that if you’d find technical writer past turn 5, it’s terrible. The variance of where you find it in the deck decides how strong or not strong it is as an econ option. Have you done any testing with it? Also how many technical writers are we talking?

1 Like

Have not tested it myself - just coming back to the game after a hiatus - but I was playing stealth Kit when I left. So it was just an observation.

I never felt good about installing ProCon, so SV is a nice alternative in terms of cost/tempo, but it only triggers once per turn. So you only start seeing a profit after turn 3, assuming you draw each turn (pretty likely). There is anti-synergy with Diesel/QT as well.

TW is zero to install and triggers while you are doing what you’re doing, has many targets in this archetype. On the face it seems like you could turn a nice profit (4credits+/Surge Gamble) quite quickly.

1 Like

Welcome back from your hiatus :smiley: It might be worth a test. Deck slots are the issue perhaps? SV feels correct to me atm as a 2-of. Perhaps technical is better. I’m on normal kit atm though, so if you’re running stealth, by all means try it out and report back!