Competitive Kit Discussion

Yeah, that’s certainly true, although I think it’s somewhat less helpful for this deck than it is for others because it doesn’t plan to run servers all that often.

I’ve tested Drive By in Kit and it’s surprisingly good. It’s a nice card to have in your opener if HB draws the nuts (ice / breaker bay / campaign), since you can blow up half the combo without dealing with the ice, and it’s nice to have late since you can kill a remote Caprice. You don’t care too much if they pre rez after seeing an early one, because that stops them from putting a Caprice on R&D.

1 Like

Anybody still playing Stealth Kit these days? She’s been a recurring go-to for me and the MWL changes actually don’t seem to hurt her too badly. Seems like just having to choose between Lady and Clone Chip, and I can’t seem to let go of CC.

Here’s what I’ve arrived at for a post-MWL stealth build, starting from Seamus’ own. Very heavy on the setup but has some nice inevitability.

What are the clone chips for though? Deus Ex, SMC and maybe breakers if you lose your dagger or corroder. That seems like a waste of 3 slots and 2 influence against decks not running net damage. Great if you’re seeing flatline decks in your meta but I don’t see those that often.

I’m running almost exactly the same stealth build I was before with 2 ladies and 2 clone chips (scrubber, utopia shard, clot, stimhack for the rest of my influence) but I haven’t played many games with it recently as I’ve been waiting for panchatra. I have a corroder build that drops lady/clone chips/clot but I’m not comfortable losing clot when NEH is still around.

Interesting career fair + Contacts choice, I haven’t played with that before and it seems worth testing.

I really enjoy Career Fair + Contacts, it helps the setup go a lot more smoothly. Deus Ex could be anything honestly, I mostly just included it against an unknown meta (I haven’t played a tournament in a looong time) because CC also makes me fairly resilient to program trashing. CCs are mostly for recycling SMC and getting my rig going as soon as possible. I initially had Clot before but I wasn’t too keen on cutting the Career Fairs or Corroder, but depending how prevalent NEH ends up being I may need to rework my whole influence setup to include it.

I’m interested in @Zeromus’s Vamp Kit.Looks like besides Lady it took little hit from MWL.But Lady might be enough for that deck to be suffered.I would love to choose that deck as my post-MWL Shaper to practice .

http://www.acoo.net/deck/14863/worlds-championship-2015-40th-chris-hinkes-the-kwisatz-haderach/

Last time I spoke with @Zeromus we were talking about how to speed up the deck further and how to beat the hardest MU for the deck which is FA. Right now vs FA, you just randomly lose or win on RDI digs. It’s a complete crapshoot of trying to find RDI asap and then set up lock reliably.

Anyways, I was testing some weird things like running extra draw etc to help find RDI or vamp.

This is by no means an optimized version of the deck, but it’s testing some interesting things. It’s a more blitz based version. It focuses on heavy burst draw and runs TME in addition to RDI to go quick while also having the long game potential still with vamp.

Vamp is cut to two now because of the extra draw. We can now find it faster and you never needed to vamp vs glacial in the past until mid game anyways. You have time to find a copy with the added draw.

Here is my current iteration.

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/487629

1 Like

I played this deck and I got to tell ya it’s my post-MWL Shaper deck to play.It’s not flawless but it’s very consistent and I think it has the potential to be an almost T1 deck if NEH match up could be handled better.Before I receive my Kala Ghoda and playtest with Jesminder Sareen,I’ll just go with this deck.

I’m glad you like it. Let me know if you feel like something isn’t working well. I haven’t had much time to play in general lately. Also a good bit of that list is just my play style.

Hinkes won’t budge from 3 vamp, he isn’t running IHW, he is still on personal workshop etc. tldr, balance it around your playstyle. I think as long as you have the core concepts of the list, you’re fine, everything else is subtle tweaking.

I have been playing this deck for a few days now and I really enjoy it. Thanks for posting it!

While the “I’ve had worse” hasn’t really done much more for me other then be a 4th diesel in the 20 or so games I have played, there have been some opportunities for it to have triggered on damage dealt. I definitely think it is an interesting include for this deck and more games should be played around with it. I have tried to replace it with one Leg Work, and while Leg Work has won me some games, I really found myself wanting a Vamp sooner then later so I am now testing it with three copies Vamp instead of the two I previously had.

What are people thinking now that pachantra is fully spoiled (and not quite doing what kit players hoped it might, I think). Is there some play here? Seems like it might be a good way to stay safe from unrezzed ice while trying to get it rezzed for paintbrush.

Kit was the first runner I gravitated towards but, like many, was pulled away by the not-kate effect (really the 10-inf effect). Was looking forward to coming back but now bitterly disappointed by pachantra, I can’t see it seeing any real play.

My first thought was Deus X recursion but Kit will struggle with finding influence for clone chips to make that useful.

Panchatantra I just don’t see getting use unless more support comes out. Not even for super weird combos since it looks like you will only be able to name ice subtypes.

http://fetal.ai/post/137772114031/five-weird-panchatantra-tricks-corps-dont-want

Update: The dream is dead! FFG’s Organized Play coordinator and lead fun time ruiner Ian Birdsall has commented that Panchatantra can only add an “Existing ice subtype. Expect the ruling.” :o(

I cut down 1 IHW for 1 Deja vu to see how it turns out to be.Maybe correct answer is still 3rd Vamp.

I’ve played the list since I got it with 3 vamps. I only cut 1 to test and see if the added draw would alleviate the fact that I only had 2. Sometimes you want to actually vamp NEH too, which feels odd, but it’s good.

If you’re considering going back to 3, do it. It’s good. Like I said, I was just trying other things. @EmptyWorld remember that deja will cost 2 clicks to get the card back and play it and this deck is already trying to make up for the tempo loss from clicking mopus. Take that advice as you will. I think it will be too slow though.

How are you guys liking the 2 TME? I think it’s good in testing, but I’m not sure if Chris ever went back to a more blitz-based version. I want other opinions.

I’m happy to hear you guys like it. All credit to @Zeromus. I’m just tinkering with it.

Yep,deja quickly turned into 3rd vamp.The only time it actually have a little use is I recur 1 TME ftw.Like you said Mopus econ is click intense and deja can’t fit in.
2 TME is fine by me.No problem with this,though more playtesting needed.Extra access is always great and it can make up some early pressure.More playtest needed though.
And I feel I can’t pilot this deck very well,I need more practice right now.Hope more superior player figure out how to pilot this deck at best.

Yeah, it’s the first archetype that I’ve tried to really focus on for an extended period of time. Here’s my current take on it.

I just recently made some changes to fit a clot in, though without CC it’s a lot less useful.

Have you tried using Chakana instead of clot? It at least remains after a purge and can be recharged.

edit:Grammar

I’m on this for Stealth right now.

It’s kinda tuned for HB; against NBN you probably want to make Crescentus and Multithreader a Clot and 2 other influence into Legwork.

1 Like

No, but that’s an idea for sure. I like how it screws with the game plan for non FA match ups.

Not sure what I would use the free influence on. Maybe employee strike, that card is pretty awesome.