Competitive Kit Discussion

You don’t need Torch. It’s good to just hard-install, Workshop, or SMC your Gordian. You want to save the TR Scav Combo for Femme.

You don’t need an Inti. I guess it’s a nice safety net, but I’ve never once wished I had it. Remember that if they have something goofy like spiderweb in the back of a server that (somehow) you have to run a lot, you can just scavenge your Femme to it instead of your Lady.

@YCombinator You don’t need early pressure. Take 8 is your pressure. You don’t need to actually do anything. The threat of 30 credits slows corps down.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing a version of @TheBigBoy Kit deck for the last couple of weeks. I struggle with it against decks like Russian NEH and kill decks. The kill deck problem is mostly just that I am still pretty new at the game, I think.

Since’s Kit’s ability is a one-per-turn, it seems like she needs to focus on making a few high-quality runs to get the most out of her ability. So, for instance, I toyed around with Indexing rather than RDI at one point because the RDI can be slow and/or expensive to get out. But she sometimes had a problem if she could not get easily back into R&D for a second run after Indexing it.

I should probably not be offering this comment in the “Competitive Kit” thread, but I would be interested in more discussion about how to play Kit vs. various Corp archetypes.

I was discussing a stealth deck up-thread that has been working better against horizontal decks than anything else I’ve done with Kit recently. Paricia, Net Mercur, and Temujin contract give you the econ you need to keep spam down for the most part.

Kill is kind of tough. Maintaining an econ advantage is possible, but 24/7 and boom can be problematic anyway. I like Utopia Shard personally for defusing an in-progress kill. NACH + Film Critic is great for avoiding tags in the first place, and I think it’s worth running 2x NACH and 1x film critic in the current meta.

Paricia is becoming a x1 of in most shaper builds I am running now days. Against asset spam it really saves you a huge stack of cash very quickly. And Net Mercur can make you money on the run if you can pump a stealth breaker.

Kill will be much more manageable post misdirection. Until then, I think we either have to win the money game or play NACH + Film Critic.

You can’t fight the asset game of russia. I usually trash the first sensie and that’s it. Then I focus on timing a destructive legwork or getting as many R&D accesses as I can. It’s probably the worst match-up.

I’m having fun with this stealth build. Net Mercur is awesome when up and running.

Radio Free Europe

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman (Creation and Control)

Event (13)

Hardware (11)

Resource (11)

Icebreaker (4)

Program (6)

8 influence spent (max 10-2★=8, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I see so many decks these days packing all kinds of tech vs. kill decks or tag punishment. Does your Kit deck just dodge all that through game play?

You can add 1 plascrete if you want.

Sure. I was wondering what you personally do in those situations since you don’t run Plascrete. Obviously, you don’t see it as necessary.

I lose.

8 Likes

Here’s what I’ve been on recently. Does pretty well.

The New ShKit

Rielle “Kit” Peddler: Transhuman

Event (15)
1x “Freedom Through Equality”
3x Diesel
3x Dirty Laundry
2x Legwork ●●●●
3x Sure Gamble
3x The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (9)
3x Astrolabe
3x Lockpick
3x R&D Interface

Resource (12)
2x Beth Kilrain-Chang
2x Daily Casts
3x Ghost Runner
3x Net Mercur
2x Temüjin Contract ●●●●

Icebreaker (5)
1x Inti
3x Refractor
1x Switchblade ●●

Program (4)
2x Cloak
2x Self-modifying Code

10 influence spent (max 10, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

I am wondering about slotting in Gauntlet, drop Legwork and Astrolabe. Frees up some slots. Will need to test. I am curious how Gauntlet may affect Corp play since I find a well timed Legwork is almost always effective because of the surprise. It would mostly be for the multi-access since I never want for more MU. It may make the deck slower though.

1 Like

Is Ghost Runner worthwhile? 3 TME & 3 RDI is interesting.

I like Ghost Runner as the eject/backup for stealth creds. Only 1c to install, never feels bad to install it. I find myself using Net Mercur to draw just as much as putting creds on it, almost exclusively draw once it gets loaded to 4c, so Ghost Runner is safety net there.

TME + RDI is so so nice. I never install more than one RDI, just want to see one to get it installed.

1 Like

I think if you install Gauntlet, a lot of Corp players are just going to not bother ICEing HQ. Especially in Kit, where influence spent on Gauntlet means you’re very unlikely to have spare influence for Siphon, or any other strong HQ pressure.

1 Like

I wouldn’t drop the Gauntlet (heh) until midgame anyway due to install cost and by then there’s already an ICE or two already on HQ. With the 5c install cost you can’t afford the tempo hit until midgame because you’re building your board with Refractor/lockpick/net mercur stealth base. Corps will auto-ICE HQ and more without even a run there. Accessing even 2 cards a run is decent enough pressure.

I’m not ride or die on Gauntlet, but I think it’s interesting.

In my above build -2 Legwork allows : +2 Gauntlet, +1 Temujin, -3 Astrolabe, +whatever you want

1 Like

Makes sense. In my experience good Corp players will leave HQ largely undefended against someone like Kit, but YMMV.

Yeah, people don’t leave HQ undefended against my Kit because I always have an Escher…

I’m dubious about including Gauntlet. I’ve never been tempted to slot in HQI in kit and that’s cheaper, doesn’t conflict with astrolabe and works even if the corp doesn’t ice HQ. Legwork seems to be enough HQ pressure for me through I dropped mine to fit in the 3rd Temujin.

http://imgur.com/Ur887MF

http://imgur.com/ch7Ilze
^^Living the dream

took Kit to a SC yesterday. it went Okay. i’m starting to agree that Gauntlet isn’t the best fit, but i might stick with it for now. Turning Wheel is another option for the slot. the deck needs more draw, better flow. -1 Net Mercur, -1 RDI, +some stuff.

1 Like

BEHOLD. THE FUTURE.

XD

(It’s not the future. Anything with Temujin and good decision making is good in this meta lol)

The deck is really funny. You kit players should take it to a GNK and show your meta how much fun you like to have.

5 Likes