Core+Genesis NBN kill deck

I am trying to build an NBN kill deck out from only Core cards and Genesis cards. Do you have suggestions?
I mostly play against Chaos Theory with R&D interface and a typical criminal with account siphons.

Here is a link to all of the decks on netrunnerdb:

And here is my attemt:
Genesis - NBN - Small Kill

NBN: The World is Yours* (Future Proof)

Agenda (9)
1x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
2x Corporate War (Future Proof)
3x Private Security Force (Core Set)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (3)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Operation (13)
3x Anonymous Tip (Core Set)
2x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set) ●●●●● ●●●●● ●●
2x SEA Source (Core Set)

Barrier (5)
3x TMI (What Lies Ahead)
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (5)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Uroboros (A Study in Static)
12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Future Proof

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Here is another version:

Genesis - NBN - Kill

NBN: Making News (Core Set)

Agenda (9)
1x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Private Security Force (Core Set)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
2x Restructured Datapool (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (3)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Upgrade (2)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set) ★★

Operation (16)
3x Anonymous Tip (Core Set)
2x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) ●●●
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set) ●●●●● ●●●●● ●●
2x SEA Source (Core Set)

Barrier (5)
3x TMI (What Lies Ahead)
2x Wall of Static (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (5)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Uroboros (A Study in Static)
15 influence spent (max 15-2★=13, available -2)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Future Proof

My advice is to not use TMI; it’s not a very effective Barrier.

You can actually use Hunter instead of Uroboros.

I suggest finding room for Breaking News. It allows a kill through Plascretes, via Install-Advance-Advance, and then next turn, Score, Scorch-Scorch-Scorch.

I think Pop-Up Window was Genesis, if so, I’d suggest using that. You can also use Marked Accounts for more Econ if you’re having a hard time getting enough money to trace and kill them.

Anonymous Tip is a dangerous card, in Core+Genesis. There’s no way to fight Agenda Flood with that card pool, so drawing extra cards can be dangerous. Conversely, Green level Clearance is a very good card.

Are you using the MWL? If not, definitely include Breaking News.

1 Like

My oldest remaining NBN kill list online is from the Spin Cycle meta, but:

Pop-Up Window is key, and Draco and Flare are ICE that you might consider. Uroboros and TMI never worked for me as well as I wanted them to, and I got a surprising amount of mileage out early-game Draco + later-game Flare.
If you’re on Making News (and I’m positive it is better than TWIY*), you should also consider Hunter as ICE and Midseason Replacements as a source of tags over SEA Source. Most Genesis cycle runners lived in fear of Midseasons, and they turn on Beale victories via Psychographics. I got more mileage out of this backup win-con than I ever did through Breaking News and hoping to triple-SE.

I’d consider Beanstalk Royalties over GLC; not that GLC is bad but worth testing.

1 Like

Thank you both for the reply! :grinning:

My advice is to not use TMI; it’s not a very effective Barrier.
Well originally I was importing HB and Weyland ice, but in a kill deck I think the 3 scorched earths are kinda a must (although I still get more wins with fast advancing agendas than with meat dmg).
I was playing with mostly Wall of statics and Enigmas, but I wanted to include a couple more End the Runs, TMI was the only one that came to my mind, I will take another look.

You can actually use Hunter instead of Uroboros.
In my meta, crash space is quite often played (instead of plascrete), removing a tag for just one click is no big deal for the runners, Uroboros has an End the run, but I guess you are right.

I suggest finding room for Breaking News. It allows a kill through Plascretes, via Install-Advance-Advance, and then next turn, Score, Scorch-Scorch-Scorch.
I have never seen this before, I wasn’t even aware that this works. This is awesome, thank you, I definitely will do!

I think Pop-Up Window was Genesis, if so, I’d suggest using that.

Yeah Pop-Up window was in my previous build, but it hasn’t got an end the run, so I switched it to Uroboros and TMI, I wasn’t really satisfied with this switch though, which is the main reason why I posted my decklists.

You can also use Marked Accounts for more Econ if you’re having a hard time getting enough money to trace and kill them.
I have never tried Marked Accounts and when I played against it, it wasn’t performing that well, but I will give it a try.

Anonymous Tip is a dangerous card, in Core+Genesis. There’s no way to fight Agenda Flood with that card pool, so drawing extra cards can be dangerous. Conversely, Green level Clearance is a very good card.

The runners in my meta aren’t as aggressive with HQ poking as they probably should be, I haven`t lost too many games yet because of agenda flooding, but I guess having a really tight agenda suite (without 1/2 and 1/3) does make a difference.

Are you using the MWL? If not, definitely include Breaking News.

We all agreed that if one of the decks becomes to dominant in our meta (like our HB glacier, a basic redcoats I guess) we use the MWL on it, but otherwise just ignore all erratas and MWLs, NBN has a below 50% winrate so far, so we use 3 Astros. :smiley:

Pop-Up Window is key, and Draco and Flare are ICE that you might consider.
I like all three of those cards, I will try them again.

lived in fear of Midseasons, and they turn on Beale victories via Psychographics
Psycho is usually just cluttering up my hand, but I guess that is a piloting error on my part and I should try Midseason+Psycho, which I haven’t before.

Yeah, psycho isn’t really worth it until you can stack many, many tags on the runner :slight_smile: – and Midseasons lets you land tags by the bundle.

Midseasons ideally puts the runner on a clock: win before I can psycho+beale or find enough scorches.

Also: if you shake free some influence, Caduceus is pretty great in Making News.

1 Like

If they’re playing Crash Space instead of Plascrete that makes Midseasons even better. You can Midseasons them then trash their Crash Space for just a click and two credits, as it is a resource. After that they will have no damage protection and are very vulnerable.

Crash Space also makes Breaking News better, since you can score the BN off of a SanSan or the table and use your last click to trash the Crash Space.

2 Likes

Yeah, as others note, Breaking News allows lots of fun plays.
One of the classic plays is to put a Breaking News behind a Data Raven and advance it once, with a Midseasons in hand.

The reason for Hunter is that even if they just clear the tag with a click using Crash Space, that’s fine. You just made them take two clicks to run a server. This feeds into the “backup” plan of just scoring Astroscript and riding the moon train. You did correctly identify Tollbooth, Enigma, Data Raven, and Wall of Static as good ICE for this.

Making News vs TWIY: While TWIY’s handsize and decksize are attractive to a combo deck like this, Making News is still just better. Mostly it’s the influence reduction, as that extra 3 influence buys you a good amount in Making News.

1 Like