Cred cred wine - Andy with Au revoir

With the release of the turning wheel, which doesn’t require a successful run to be active, people have been bringing au revoir/snitch back. The obvious choice is Andromeda, allowing the engine to get setup quickly. I thought we could have some discussion of this here.

Decklist below shamelessly stolen from Calimsha. There are lots of variants along this style (corporate scandal + blackmail) but I think this is one of the better ones.

Sayonara, Sucker ! v2

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (17)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Career Fair (Breaker Bay)
2x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Express Delivery (Honor and Profit)
1x Inside Job (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
2x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
1x Feedback Filter (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]•[/color]
2x Reflection (Democracy and Dogma)
2x Sports Hopper (Salsette Island)

Resource (13)
1x Councilman (Democracy and Dogma)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
2x Political Operative (Democracy and Dogma)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x The Turning Wheel (The Liberated Mind) [color=#708090]••[/color]

Icebreaker (3)
1x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
1x GS Shrike M2 (Data and Destiny) [color=undefined]••[/color]
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) [color=#32CD32]••[/color]

Program (7)
3x Au Revoir (The Source)
2x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]••••• •[/color]
2x Snitch (Cyber Exodus)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

I’ve never really understood crim as a faction, but this might be the deck to make me try it out. What is the answer to FA, though?

Account siphon is always a solid play, but Legwork is very good vs FA, which is why I’d imagine it runs 2. Beyond that, Councilman and PolOp shuts down SanSans.

As a formatting issue, when exporting a list, use the Markdown formatting to not have this happen

3 Likes

I’d say the answer to FA in this deck is: be rich, trash San Sans, dig RND. Credit denial can help in some circumstances as well.

Also worth noting that reflection is very strong at letting you know when to snipe agendas from their hand so they can’t FA them.

3 Likes

Makes sense, I was wondering about the Legwork! Thanks all for the advice… I’m so used to playing Shaper, I think I’d just curl up and cry against NBN if I didn’t have Clot :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been working on the Chaos Theory version of this again.

The theory is that drawing four extra cards is vaguely equivalent to five less cards in the deck. The difference is that I get access to Shaper tutor abilities and the massive amount of card draw they have. The downside is less ability for shutting the corp down via Account Siphon and Political Operative, since the Au Revoir package takes nearly all of your influence.

I won’t post the full list here since I think this one’s specifically for Andy?

I do know that if you’re going to do this in Criminal, Andy’s your best bet. Leela’s second best, but you still want to accelerate your plan, not slow the Corp’s.

Should the 3 Daily Casts be Underworld Contacts? You’re rocking the link. (Honest question, I can’t decide myself.)

Another option is The Source. It does change the frame of the deck (need Fall Guys, Film Critic, and probably Hostage) but it’s a good way to slow down FA decks while you get set up.

Personally I’m partial to the Corporate Scandal/Blackmail version of the deck, but I figure it’s not a significantly higher amount of jank. Combine with a PolOp and a couple Drive By and you’re fine with upgrades. It also allows you to spend less influence on icebreakers, since ice won’t often get rezzed anyway.

This is my version of the deck. Seems to work well, barring the corp being able to rez ice outside of a run.

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (20)
3x Account Siphon
3x Easy Mark
6x Exclusive Party
1x Hostage
2x Quality Time ••
2x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (3)
1x Feedback Filter •
2x Reflection

Resource (14)
3x Earthrise Hotel
3x Fall Guy
2x Film Critic ••
2x New Angeles City Hall
1x Political Operative
1x The Source ••
2x The Turning Wheel ••

Icebreaker (3)
1x Corroder ••
1x GS Shrike M2 ••
1x ZU.13 Key Master ••

Program (5)
3x Au Revoir
2x Snitch

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)

I’m a total sucker for the Source/Film Critic/NACH package with all these Astros, Midseasons, and BNs going around. A lot more sit-back-controlly, I’ve frequently ended up just charging TW until I can access every card because the corp can’t force anything meaningful. Definitely still some room for improvements and still can lose outright to a good rush.

1 Like

no link to this? or was it already stuck in everyone’s heads as soon as they read the title

5 Likes

If the FA variety relies on in-hand cards, Demolition Run wouldn’t be a bad splash in this deck. It would crunch Scorched Earth decks too. You’d obviously need to free up some influence somewhere, but it’s a great combo with The Turning Wheel.

5 Likes

I’m running this with jank to the max - b&e AND sunny breakers (except zu). Au Revoir/Snitch does eat all the mem.

It’s probably terrible.

nice list! what would you do with 2 free influence? no one plays quandary so peacock is an easy sub for zu. personally I think it’s a no brainer but I don’t need not have that argument all over again; just pretend you agree with me and we can move on thinking about what we’d like with thos 2 pips!

au revoir + snitch takes up 4 MU and corroder takes up the last slot. Zu13 is a cloud breaker so with 2 link you don’t have to spend MU to have it there. You could swap corroder for sherman and make this play. I’m not sure what I’d add with the extra influence, but earlier versions of this build had a spare deja vu that was swapped for the feedback filter.

Lol, i have literally never once even thought about the fact that zu is cloud. Nice memory solution, probably the right choice for the kit then, given that Sherman is loads worse than corroder.

Otoh, i am thinking that maybe a vamp would really kick ass when you can click for 3

I’ve been running this out of CT and Kate (still not sure if the deck size+memory is better than the discount), but I think most of my points apply to the Crim version as well.

Au Revoir Turning Wheel Kate

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (17)
3x Diesel (Core Set)
1x Indexing (Future Proof)
6x Out of the Ashes (The Liberated Mind)
1x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (8)
2x Astrolabe (Up and Over)
2x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]☆☆[/color]
2x CyberSolutions Mem Chip (Fear and Loathing)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
1x R&D Interface (Future Proof)

Resource (9)
1x Artist Colony (Kala Ghoda)
2x Film Critic (Old Hollywood)
3x Professional Contacts (Creation and Control)
3x The Turning Wheel (The Liberated Mind) [color=#708090]•••[/color]

Icebreaker (4)
1x Cyber-Cypher (Creation and Control)
1x Gordian Blade (Core Set)
1x GS Shrike M2 (Data and Destiny) [color=undefined]••[/color]
1x Snowball (Trace Amount)

Program (7)
3x Au Revoir (The Source) [color=#4169E1]••••• •[/color]
3x Self-modifying Code (Creation and Control)
1x Snitch (Cyber Exodus) [color=#4169E1]••[/color]
13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13)
45 cards (min 45)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

A few notes. FC+Turning Wheel is quite good, especially if you make enough money to get in anywhere. After a certain point, there will be no unrezzed ICE on HQ and R&D, so after that your Turning Wheel counters just build up naturally. Out of the Ashes is a bit weird, it’s mostly discarded after overdrawing, and then used to build up TW counters and money before you want to actually get in. I did get some wins with this deck.
That said, the setup time is atrocious, even with six tutors and CC, and needing to put out programs means facechecking is next to impossible without Snitch. Since the buildup takes so long, your TW will often get blown up with some counters on it when playing against yellow decks.
The influence constraints are rough, Vamp and Clot would both be nice includes. I’m gonna keep testing, but I am very meh about the deck. You put a lot of constraints on yourself for things that you could get otherwise too.

Try playing Leela… Fast Advance isn’t as good when you have to double ice HQ before scoring any agendas to prevent an Account Siphon!

You need 6 MU (3x breakers + 3x card in [Au Revoir, Snitch]), you have 5 with CT.

@Calimsha choosed Andy because of Sport’s Hopper +1Link giving him +2MU through Cloud Breakers, with a single card AND SE protection AND draw power when founding the second car vs non T&B decks.
With The Turning Wheel synergy, it’s the best idea of this deck (on NRDB’s published decks, Aurevoir Andy is an idea @friff14 first had Dec 2014 the 1st ;)).

A targeted 3x +1 or 2MU slot in CT is 56% post muligan. If Andy is targetting a 2x Slot, she has 60% (75% for a x3).

CT have a +4.9% to find an unfound 3x on the first draw after this, Andy have only +2.8% for a 2x (+2.9% for a 3x) on her first draw, so CT’s real & great strong point is after the mulligan. + tutorship. She find lost % vs Andy in one or two draws.
She’s not a bad idea :wink:

In crim, derezz is kinda important to keep the snitch/turning wheel part of the engine going. Emergency Shutdown or Crescentus?

I’m testing ES for mem reasons, but with all cloud breakers I got one MU to spare (currently only used by Faerie).