Cred cred wine - Andy with Au revoir

For what it’s worth, that’s my current build :

Sayonara Sucker ! v2

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (18)

Hardware (5)

Resource (12)

Icebreaker (3)

Program (7)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

No frills, just good cards and fast setup.

Thanks a lot for sharing.
I know that it’s strictly worse for tutoring but what do you think about switching one SMC for a Test Run in order to have also a way out if a Batty-destroyer hits?

Just win psi-game, scrub ;).
Or keep a Councilman on board so you don’t get batty-ed.

2 Likes

I guess I feel differently. I promise, when it matters most, you will be sitting across the table from Medtech, needing a win, and he’ll draw two goddess’ at the start.

And then you’ll be boned.

You only need 6MU…

@Calimsha help them to understand what you did!

You know Goddess is unique, right? I’m glad if they’ve got two or three.
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Comparing the two options:

SMC
1 credit cheaper,
2 clicks cheaper in the long run,
Instant speed install,
Can recur with Clone Chip.

Test Run
Can grab stuff from the Heap,
Get a free turn’s use before installing properly,
No MU issues,
Can recur with SoT.

Which of the SMC advantages do you feel are so crucial to give up your possibility of avoiding program lockout? There is no Clone Chip to recur SMC in the deck (while SoT can get Test Run in a pinch). So is it the instant speed install (doesn’t seem so relevant with Snitch), or the extra credit/click efficiency that you don’t want to lose from SMC? I’m interested to know your thinking.

1 Like

Test run requires 2 extra clicks to setup a program permanent. And an extra credit.

SMC also works really well with account siphon.

Yeah, they were on the list. :slight_smile:

I suppose its advantages are a lot better before you see your Snitch. I am still not sold that it’s worth trading off what is effectively a potential game loss to any program trash/stray damage.

In 3+ years of ANR, i’ve yet getting hit by a dreaded program trashing who effectively kept me out of the game entirely. Just git gud with your psigame and play safe so your rig don’t get trashed. It’s not the end of the world if your opponent score one agenda. And there’s still option for you to actually win the game even with a breaker out.

Lol. Yeah. I was trying to make a point about how your worst case scenario, in this game, ALWAYS sits across from you at the worst possible occasion. Tell me I’m wrong XD

You are wrong. :slight_smile:
Especially with mother goddess. No corp can deal with this deck by rezzing only one ICE. :wink:

No you’re right, the other ice doesn’t matter. /ExitsThreadLeft

He’s just pointing out that you will never win against this deck with only one rezzed ice :wink:

2 Likes

I tried “Freedom” but never got much use from it.

I tried Express Delivery and didn’t like it either. I’ve been using Mr. Li, and he is reasonable. Crim draw is pretty bad.

Legwork doesn’t really make much sense to me. I’d rather have cards that help accelerate me to getting more TTW counters, then just use those.

Only have 2 each of your combo pieces seems like you risk bad draw much more and stalling out.

I’d love to hear counter arguements to these points.

2 Likes

What are people looking for in an opening hand with this deck archetype? What do you mulligan for? This is directed to everyone

Sure, I was the first with Au Revoir and Andy, but that was the worst jank deck I’ve ever made. I was trying to make a good DLR deck before good DLR decks were possible, with Masanori, Snitch, and Au Revoir to get a tag and the money to clear it, then DLR twice and clear the tag. It was awful, and I never expected Au Revoir to really be a thing, but it certainly was fun.

Good Bye, Farewell

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (24)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Déjà Vu (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
6x Exclusive Party (Salsette Island)
1x Hostage (Opening Moves)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
1x Rebirth (The Liberated Mind) [color=#708090]•[/color]
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
1x Feedback Filter (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]•[/color]
2x Reflection (Democracy and Dogma)
2x Sports Hopper (Salsette Island)

Resource (10)
1x Councilman (Democracy and Dogma)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
1x Film Critic (Old Hollywood) [color=#32CD32]•[/color]
1x Political Operative (Democracy and Dogma)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
1x The Source (Creation and Control) [color=#708090]••[/color]
2x The Turning Wheel (The Liberated Mind) [color=#708090]••[/color]

Icebreaker (3)
1x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
1x GS Shrike M2 (Data and Destiny) [color=undefined]••[/color]
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) [color=#32CD32]••[/color]

Program (4)
3x Au Revoir (The Source)
1x Snitch (Cyber Exodus)
15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

This is what I am working with

I’m studying the same option.

Say you’re tutoring Corroder, a 2c program.

With SMC, it’s clic draw, clic install, there you are. -2-2c during a run that you’ll jack out = with aurevoirs -4 to -1c.
With Test run, it’s clic draw, clic play, -3c. So here, it’s -3 vs (-4 to -1c). But this is not all.

Next turn.
The test run deck will need to draw the Corroder and install it again. So -2c for the corroder gives -5c total. Whereas the SMC deck can run twice, giving +0 to +6c.

So the grand total is, with Corroder:
SMC = -4 to +5c, Test run = -5c.

There’s 1 to 10c of difference between the two solutions, twice in your deck. This is the hidden cost of Test Run.
(Note that I’m still studying this option, with drug dealers to avoid drawing test run & drawing the program, getting those clicks to go run - au revoir instead =) ).

You’ve got an extra click there for your SMC case (the install run, five total clicks, only four in the Test Run case).

Yes, it’s one credit for sure and two clicks. If your clicks are valued from 1-3 credits, that’s 3-7 credits difference (plus other jackout bonuses)