DD @ Worlds? Place your bets

Also, did I mention that I once had a dream where Lukas was dating my mother, for some reason (beyond the fact that she’s pretty hot)?

4 Likes

They give a crap, they just don’t give a cent.

FFG clearly either holds no pull at their printer or at the shipyard. Does this kind of stuff happen with Magic?

I think we can be safe to assume that about 3-4 people at FFG are frustrated with D&D release.

My bet is that they will sell it at Worlds, which is a pretty scumbag move, Not ultimate scumbag, but up there.

1 Like

MTG is a tightly run machine. Their future future league (which was introduced above future league) tests 2 unreleased BLOCKS in advance.

They are so big that they govern largely what printers do in the states that can print for this sort of game.

They do not have problems. But they’re a different case and they move a lot more card board and have been doing it for a lot longer.

2 Likes

I remember around 2 months ago I was joking around, saying that there was no way they would have a highly anticipated set NOT be legal for their largest tournament of the year, after spoiling it in August and having it AVAILABLE FOR SALE.

…I’m not laughing now.

2 Likes

It would be unfortunate if D&D were not legal for worlds, but they already realize the issue. Spamming people isn’t going to help.

3 Likes

I kinda saw this coming

1 Like

3 Likes

According to the Card Kingdom Twitter (FLGS in Seattle), the distributor has told them they should be receiving their copies of D&D between the 22nd and 26th.

6 Likes

coolness

If that’s the case, Canada won’t get them until I’m already at Worlds. Ugh. Guess I’m buying there, even though that’s kinda rewarding the practice.

If they gave a crap they would have just come out and said that D&D is not going to be legal.

Instead they will have 250+ shiny copies “reserved” for all the tournament participants at Worlds.

Who told you this?

That’s just the FFG “upcoming” page, which isn’t really the best source of updated information.

1 Like

Earlier this month was the best time to announce whether D&D was going to be legal or not. As much of a killjoy I am I personally find that the best thing FFG can do is not make D&D legal for Worlds. If their distributing doesnt follow through properly and they make D&D legal for Worlds they better give each contestant a copy upon checking in.

6 Likes

They still have time, but not much. I hope they don’t forget that international players often get packs and boxes later than US. It could be horribly one-sided if all US players get all the new stuff, and the others only have up to UoT.

to be fair, most international players has been playtesting with D&D for months now. I’m gonna assume that D&D will be legal and that i will be able to buy that at the FFG center.

To be fair some might have playtested with d&d. Some like me don’t like octgn and enjoy playing cards in reallife. I have never played a single game with d&d. Even if i could buy a box d&d at worlds i would play my first games with d&d during worlds. To make a deluxe set legal when it is not available 3 weeks prior to the event would be stupid and would create a big disadvantage to non-online players

3 Likes

I think if FFG can guarantee a copy for all players at worlds they could make it legal. People can playtest with proxies if they don’t want to test online. We’ve known all the cards for 2.5 months.

The problem is not knowing. FFGs shipping issues, last year with Conquest, this year with D&D and Thrones v2, always surprise me. I guess I should stop being surprised. FFG need to get better at talking to people, if they don’t know now they should probably call it and say it isn’t legal.

1 Like

So FFG should base their decision on people playing games on an internet site ripping off their IP and copyrighted images?

That’ll definitely encourage people to buy physical cards. :smiley:

Point taken that at least we know what the cards do, but as for proper testing… it’s fly by the seat of your pants time for a lot of people. :wink:

6 Likes

News Team, GFI, 24/7 News Cycle, QPM, 15 Minutes and Turnpike are all good in the decks you’d expect them to be good in.
All the Corp IDs are worse than NEH.
The Runner cards in the box are garbage.

I’ve saved you all that D&D testing you haven’t done.

21 Likes