Down The White Nile Community Review and Meta Predictions (Runner)

Brute Force Hack? With Los?

I played against a deck yesterday (out of Leela) which played GPI Net Tap/Aumakua/Zamba/Rubicon Switch. But I don’t think Acacia belongs there, I didn’t even think about purging.

The only thing the GPI Net Tap/Turtle deck needs is to be slapped hard across the face, first from left to right, then from right to left, followed by several minutes of being shouted at aggressively.

3 Likes

I feel like I should call Child Protection Services…

5 Likes

Edit: double quote fail.

Yes to both

LOL

On a more serious note, does no one think it’s strange that there is—as far as I can tell—no virus hate either released or spoiled so far in the Kitara cycle?

Some of this stuff is getting out of hand, and a single copy of Swordsman and/or a Macrophage plus a Cyberdex Virus Suite isn’t going to cut it as these effects start piling on top of each other. I’ve been in games where taking a whole turn to purge does literally nothing based on the speed at which counters can start to accumulate again. I think we need some new anti-virus options…

You could try my glacierish CTM deck that runs 3x Macrophage, 3x Aryabhata Tech, other Tracer Ice and and bunch of upgrades. It won several matches at Worlds. Macrophage gets really good even without viruses out as if you have an Aryabhata tech rezzed. It did well against the conspiracy breakers and wrecked Aumakua. But it can get handled by stealth Shaper and Sunny if econ operations don’t get drawn early. Might be worth a revisit if this virus business really gets out of control.

my old glacier CTM w/ 3x Macrophage

3x Macro and a CVS might be mandatory depending on archetype.

I also have been a huge fan of enforcer’s trash all virtual resources sub lately. Virtual resources are a lot more common.

Yesssss… Play your Macrophages…

1 Like

The runner’s I’ve been trying out have been either Power Tap + Link decks, Freedom Virus decks, or Aumakua + Zamba expose decks. No, none of them seem very good, but they are all fun so far!

…okay, you got me, turtle is in all of my decks.

RNG key is gonna be good in Sonny. Globalsec SC click is basically a Mopus click if you run R&D 2/3 of the time…and that doesn’t factor in the non-rng value of the information. Even better with Dirty Laundry. I think she’s gonna be a real factor.

1 Like

I’m not convinced yet on that one, since usually it costs Real Money to get into R&D… Still, with Nexus+Power Tap, might be able to make it work. I’m planning on testing it.

(Still probably better out of Adam?)

3 Likes

Sunny is better than Adam and RNG may improve Sunny.

Adam got a huge shot in the arm here though. That tutor is real.

2 Likes

One thing I’ve been seeing in playing RNG Key in a non-combo way since this review was published, Corps can’t put most upgrades in the root of HQ or R&D (I’m looking at you Stinson).

EDIT: This doesn’t work. You can’t reveal install cards, so the choice of RNG Key can’t be resolved.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s definitely a play pattern now. Upgrades on centrals are noticeably worse. I farmed an MVT for 6 credits (granted, I had to trash it eventually) in one game & then got a couple more triggers off guesses.

2 Likes

That is a totally awesome use case I hadn’t thought of! My only central upgrade in my current Corp is Crisium Grid, which cannot be farmed this way.

Right, as long as you rez it, which you probably do if they have RNG Key out.

I think I like Wari better than you guys.
Whther it should be autoinclude in Silhouette or not is something I did not study (timings?), but it’s fuel for Dan and at the very least an expose, which is more than nothing.

New rules discussion has brought up that RNG Key can’t resolve choosing an installed card (I’ve edited my initial post):

1 Like