European Nationals 2016 thread

The belgian national is confirmed. sept 17-18.
Fb event page will be online soon™.

1 Like

It’s looking like I might have freed up this weekend, is there a flight package on offer and if so is it open to anyone from anywhere?

There isn’t any particular prizing. Just the bye for the winner (I think it goes to the first Belgian but I’m not sure).

Date Dutch Nationals has been changed to 24/09.

1 Like

There will be an official announcement on this in a few minutes.

1 Like

Due to FFG regulations and some mix-ups that occurred, we were forced to move the date of the Dutch Nationals to the 24th of September.
(If you have any questions on regulations, what happened and what-not, please contact the organizer as I am not the one making the calls for that unfortunately)

Here is the link yet again explaining the planning for the day of the tournament (Saturday, September 24th), as well as the planning for the day before when we will have a Pre-Party with beers and stuff (Friday, Septemeber 23rd)!
http://nedrunner.nl/dutch-netrunner-nationals-2016/

1 Like

Thank god, 15th was a no go. September I’m in.

Is the FB page live yet? Any idea how much entry is?

Polish nationals have been to moved to early October.

1 Like

It seems like everybody can win the flight and accommodation at German Nationals. Heidelberger says if there are >50 starting players (atm there are 70 registered players) the German Champion will get flight and accommodation. They confirmed that nationality plays no role (other factors might, e.g. legal age).

3 Likes

Does anyone have an opinion on good places to stop near the German Nationals venue - and also how convenient public transport is from Frankfurt?

Not unless they recently changed it.
They always said that the flight and accomodation are not part of the “Grand Price” (of winning the nationals) and they reserve the right to choose their own “champion”.

Miltenberg is a very pretty town that is close by, Würzburg is a bit bigger and farther away. They’re both well worth a visit if you have the time. I think you will need to arrive a day early if you want to use public transports from Frankfurt (Walldürn is kind of in the middle of nowhere), but there might be carpools available from Frankfurt or Darmstadt, just ask the “Netrunner Deutschland” FB group.

Their recent wording suggests that it might have changed (now that FFG has an official program, which I don’t think they had before?), but I wouldn’t bet on it.

1 Like

Look at this post in particular (I believe you speak German, right?).

Die Nationalität spielt für den Titel des Deutschen Meisters keine Rolle (…) Im Regelfall ist es wie gesagt der Deutsche Meister der teilnimmt, sollten aber starke Kriterien dagegen sprechen, bestimmen wir einen Teilnehmer der am NCTP [National Champion Travel Program] teilnimmt (Im Regelfall dann der 2. Platzierte)

You’re right that it’s not completely clear. But the answer above is to our specific question about nationality.

1 Like

I had not seen that post. That is definitly a different wording than before. I guess everyone is eligable.

1 Like

Thanks! We have an office in Würzburg, although it’s normally my boss that goes there (unhappily) despite me saying I’m happy to go to Deutschland. In another world I’d be able to coordinate a business trip!

I’m trying to convince a friend to come and hire a car. I’ll see what I can do about organisation this week. It’s a shame the Nationals aren’t in or near a major city like the rest of Europe seems to manage. It’s almost like they don’t want foreign nationals coming over, stealing prizes… :slight_smile:

Right now, I would suggest that staying away from major German (and French) cities is a prudent course of action

I suppose that’s a harrowing but fair point.

While I appreciate the sentiment…

1. The venue can hardly be called a city, although I will have to land in a European airport.

2. I’m not letting any terrorist wankers complete their objective of terrorising me, and shall continue about my daily business (if something upsetting happens and this is my lost post on Stimhack, at least you’ll know I went not being terrorised).

3. Despite the Brexit vote going the wrong way (everyone’s entitled to their opinion, just some people have an incorrect one), I’m more than happy to maintain whatever links I can with my European brothers and sisters.

Currently the most likely thing stopping me going to German Nationals is my boss not approving the holiday or me getting DQd for saying something inappropriate.

18 Likes

I know the players (including me) will be happy to see you! Look here for the timetable. Scroll down for the side events (draft, pub quiz)

1 Like