Exploring a Stalling Metagame: Nasir Meidan StimShop by El-Ad David Amir

Here is my current version of Solidarity.

Solidarity v1.21

Nasir Meidan: Cyber Explorer (Upstalk)

Event (7)

Hardware (9)

Resource (14)

Icebreaker (8)

Program (8)

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I gave it a few test spins versus RP Glacier and it seems to do well. Film Critic is wonderful. Question marks:

• More QT to support Faust? Less Scavenge?
  • 3x Armitage, 2x Ghost Runner, or vice versa? Ghost Runner is a nice support for Refractor, though I’m not sure I need Refractor anyway.
  • Employee Strike or Utopia Shard? That highly depends on the Butcher Shop matchup (and whether Butcher Shop remains popular). Utopia Shard is also a decent surprise versus Biotic Labor, and my only HQ quasi-multi-access. On the other hand, I’ve been hearing good reviews of Employee Strike.
  • Drug Dealer or Earthrise Hotel/QT? Personally I enjoy the flexibility and low cost of DD, and while managing it with Order of Sol is a headache it can be done. With that said, getting back two influence could be cool.
  • Icebreaker mix still being tested – a lot of good solutions, figuring out the correct mix will be hard.
4 Likes

surprised by refractor with only ghost runner support. do you generally just use it as a quandary/enigma killer and use faust or CyCy when truly needed? of is tollbooth really just that uncommon these days? with NAPD covered by FC it’d be nice to be able to drop a ghost runner for armitage or something.

I have my doubts about drug dealer, but I can see the appeal. testing will be needed!

thanks for the list update- always surprised how much you are able to pack into one deck with just 15 influence!

My interest is piqued. list?

It’s there mostly for Enigma and Quandary, and maybe an occasional Tollbooth or Lotus Field on a remote (or HQ, since I don’t hit HQ often). I like it because of the ridiculous install cost, and I can get some added value using Datasucker. I am not convinced that it’s a good option though.

Feels like I prefer GR over Armitage almost always, though I’m still not sure (more testing needed versus FA decks).

Voice them, then :slight_smile: What are your doubts regarding DD? It’s a nice stream of cards and oftentimes there is no downside, but I’m still getting a feel for it.

2 Likes

If Order triggers at the start of your turn, which resolves first: Order or Data Dealer?

If you go into your turn with 0 credits then Order of Sol gives you a credit at step 1.1, which is before Drug Dealer tries to take a credit at step 1.2.

1 Like

That’s what I thought. Thanks for clarifying.

mostly just my experience so far with faust, and finding I suddenly prefer diesel and QT over earthrise for the rapid influx of breaking potential, with DD I worry I’d get cards/lose money when I didn’t need to as much, and not get enough when I really did need them.

Like I said though, I haven’t tested it in Shaper at all, let alone Nasir, so I will definitely be slotting it in to see how it goes. the possible synergy with OoS definitely appeals…

Gah, I’ve been playing it wrong. Which means they’re an anti-combo. Might need to remove one or the other. Further testing needed.

I believe you can gain the Order of Sol credit at 1.1 and immediately spend it (on Personal Workshop) before 1.2 though, so it’s not a total nonbo.

Have you tested with Street Peddler? It’s been doing work for me in setting up early and enabling more mid-run expenditures.

2 Likes

Is 1.1 considered the runner’s turn even though “start of turn” hasn’t happened? I’m not sure this works.

EDIT: it does work. Ancur confirmation.

oh man, I’m over here like, so confused, and I just realized that if you’re broke you don’t pay the credit but you still get the card!

Wow, that makes it a lot more appealing, and I can see why people are think of it in Nasir! But yeah, it’s a bit at cross purposes with OoS; very interested to try this card out now :smiley:

If DD goes then Street Peddler might be a decent replacement. I might try -2x DD, -1x Faust, +1x Medium, +1x Street Peddler. More testing needed.

You don’t always have OoS. And even if you do, you can still use the drip cred off OoS in other contexts – before DD triggers or on the Corp’s turn. The 1c install cost on DD is very appealing. Since I don’t run Stimhack anymore, I can rarely afford anything expensive like Earthrise Hotel.

Highly recommend going back to Stimhack if you switch to Peddler (if possible).

Multi-threader seems a really solid option here, IMO. It makes me want to revisit Recurring Credit Nasir as a thing. Anyway, I think worth considering as a swap out for DD (when I read it I also thought you lost your Sol Credit before it fired). FWIW (yay third acronym in post), here’s my fave program suite atm for Solidarity Nasir.

EDIT: Refractor was a moment of genius. Good suggestion!!

Icebreaker (8)
1x Atman
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1
1x Cyber-Cypher
1x Faust ••
1x Inti
1x Mimic •
1x Refractor
1x Sharpshooter

Program (9)
1x Clot ••
1x D4v1d ••••
1x Datasucker •
2x Multithreader ••
1x Parasite ••
3x Self-modifying Code

I agree, I think Multi-threader has a lot more potential than people are giving it, especially in IDs like Nasir that tend to have #ahem# alternative economy styles.

Time will tell if it’ll actually be practical to deal with mem and set-up issues, but I do think it’s worth testing out.

Interesting, is it working for you? Over ten games, I never tutored for it – always preferred CyCy, so I just replaced it with a second CyCy. Would love to hear different experience.

I agree that Multithreader is worth testing, I’m a bit worried about MUs. Anyone had a chance to sleeve it and see how it performs?

I ended up dropping DD, the interaction with Order of Sol was annoying (I confused the timing when playing originally). Going to try 3x Peddler now, see what happens. That means going down to 1x DS, hopefully I don’t regret that.

Also going to try 1x Net Celebrity, after almost losing a game to Cerebral Static (fortunately the Corp drew it late, by the time they did I had 3x R&DIs on the board).

1 Like

I also went to 1x Net Celeb over the quality time (to compliment Multithreader) because 2-3 credits per run in the mid-game is really great for Nasir, and I’m never sad to include a 1 of current.

Regards Refractor (kinda funny, because I was actually considering canning the CyCy for a Cloak), my small testing meta is rife with astrobiotics and weyland rush atm, which means datapike, quandary and enigma are pretty terrible to have to deal, and really hurt me if I run only 2 CyCy’s (especially blue sun, who just creates a scoring remote immediately the next turn) And when they see me running Nasir again, they spike those to at least 5-6 per deck, and often I’m looking at cheap code gates on 2 or more servers that need dealing with. Scavenge can help one off (it has swindled me an agenda or two), but I just can’t get behind being all in on CyCy’s in the Blue Sun matchup.

Refractor is a slightly cheaper install on CyCy for those, get’s me into multiple servers and brings a lot of flexibility back to Ghost Runner. GR always was backup cash for end of run, to trash, steal an NAPD whatevs, but now with Film Critic, those credits are a lot more flexible. The Space Ice code gate also folds really nicely to it, even when rezzed for 0. Then GR creds and MT get me through.

Regards Multithreader, I absolutely love it. Recurring creds in Nasir are just so worth it. I haven’t tested street peddler or DD. I’m having another test session tonight, but so far, it’s been pretty clutch. Great on Workshop (why I disagree that it’s only a toolbox kate idea in shaper) and really nice to dump out credits with pre-run. I’m not looking back just yet.

MU spend is generally always a sucker, a threader, best situational breakers (inc D4) and a recurring parasite (hopefully, which is your 6th). You need to see the Labe or Akamatsu early though. I generally mulligan for mem. I see Nasir as the ‘insta rnd lock’ guy with good remote pressure, and I can usually solve what’s in front of me with the breaker options.

TLDR: :gift_heart: Nasir

1 Like

guys, I may have missed it, but what’s the gameplan vs butchershop? I tried having a look at this nasir character a couple months back, and it wasn’t very pleasant :frowning: I didn’t know what the angle was to play that matchup. Do I have to wait out the butchershop hype before I look at it again, or are there ways to make the matchup fair?