Exploring a Stalling Metagame: Nasir Meidan StimShop by El-Ad David Amir

The faust lists lose a little; you can still play Clot + Parasite + clone + David + mimic + Faust, but I have a feeling that cutting a parasite and one(?) clone chip is the way to go now. Shaper still has almost all the things he needs and with fewer Architects in FA, there are fewer things to worry about. He still needs 1 Lady.

Sadly, I agree. Unless he receives something amazing in Mumbad (unlikely) I’m afraid that poor Nasir Meidan will spend the rest of his days in the binder.

I’ve been messing around with MacroDrive, and I wish I could fit all 3 in here. The Cacheshop economy is pretty strong here, and you always have a way to dump cred with Study Guide. Faust is a catchall, and it’s still the usual R&D lock deck. The numbers can all be tweaked, and I’m not sure if I want 2 or 3 PW (I can actually function pretty well without it. Most of the shell is here though.

MacroDrive is surprisingly decent. Gaining Kate ability in Nasir is cool.

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/pvHcPEKwMSekx4K8Z

1 Like

Huh. I had literally no idea that card existed.

I feel like it needs a swordsman solution

Yeah I agree. Probably cut a Clone for a Mimic?

I fooled around with Sahasrara in Nasir for a while – x2 the credits compared to MacroDrive. It was reasonable economy.

It limits rig space, and I like my rigs uninhibited (as much as possible :wink: ). Macrodrive is a bit tidier.

Fair enough – personally I prefer to maximize credits (plus it can be Scavenged later), but MacroDrive could work as well.

1 Like

Both Sahasrara and MacroDrive are great Chameleon enablers; unfortunately like most Chameleon enablers it’s hard to justify the deckslots.

I think it looks like a decent Mimic replacement for that influence slot.

If Nexus Kate is the next big thing, because it’s not hit as hard by the MWL, what is stopping Nexus Nasir from being viable?

I’ll be testing it at least (I have to, I got Nasir in our local “somebody else picks your IDs”-challenge) - First step is to take a Nexus Kate deck and replace Modded with Personal Workshop.

Are there any other “must have” swaps that I should do? (Order of Sol and Ghost Runner comes to mind, but I don’t think they’re necessary in the same way that Workshop is.)

There was some discussion of it a few posts above.

I keep seeing these kinds of ideas, especially in the context of the MWL. “Let’s replace card X with card Y, they’re in the same category so it should work!”. For example, taking Prepaid Kate, removing Prepaid and Lucky Find in favor of ProCon and Daily Casts. They’re all economy, right?

Netrunner simply doesn’t work that way. In the context of Security Nexus – Nexus is not an automatic “bypass an ice” card. There is a trace involved. That trace is quite high (Trace^5). Even with Nasir, Nexus, and 3x Rabbit Holes (a package which is at least 2c more expensive out of Nasir compared to Kate, but let’s ignore that for now), it starts as Trace^0. And if the Corp matches you, you end the run and get a tag. This leads to two issues:

1. Nasir does not have the sustainable economy needed to threaten the trace. If the Corp rezzes a cheap Ice and can now match your Trace, your rig is wasted.

2. Taking a tag as Nasir is painful. Your economy is mostly resources and you might end a run without the 2c necessary to remove the tag. This is a bigger risk with Nasir compared to Kate.

Given the above I am not optimistic about Nexus Nasir. With that said, give it a go – theorycrafting is irrelevant compared to actual testing.

1 Like

Yeah, but that was all pre-MWL - Nasir was declared dead after that. I’m here for a second opinion!

Can you skip parasite recursion?

No, not really - Nasir is terrible at repeated beating rezzed ICE; he thrives in an environent where the corp is constantly relying on unrezzed ice to protect them.

@IirionClaus gave a good summary of why Nexus is flatly inferior in Nasir vs. Kate (or any other 15 influence shaper honestly) - even though nexus can be used as a way to circumvent Nasir’s “lose all your money” trigger, sooner or later you’ll need to actually get through an ice with a breaker, and that means constantly resetting your credit pool in a deck that want to always float a large amount to guarantee cheap traces.

That said, if you’re stuck with Nasir right now, this… might be an ok way to go? I think you might have better luck with a faust build that just bucks up and takes the influence hit for a parasite spam suite, but honestly it’s hard to say because Nasir is just so, so terrible right now without that 4-5 influence from his best cards.

(edit: it’s not just the MWL, either, D&D brought archangel and news team and a whole swathe of low rez cost high break cost ice like resistor, news hound, and others. Nasir was already in roguh shape, MWL was just the killing blow imo)

Security Nexus actually solves one of Nasirs biggest issues. I am currently playing a Nexus list with 3 workshops, 3 Opus and 3 Femmes. You can use Nasirs ability together with workshop to set up your rig quite quickly, then click to some high amount of credits with opus and foil every Corp attempt to set you back to 0 by triggering the Nexus ability first upon encountering an ICE.
With Femmes to bypass problematic ICE, you have insane R&D-pressure and don’t need a full Breaker Suit.

Here is the current WIP list if you are interested. I would appreciate Feedback: Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB

I have thus far had quite good results. Players are still struggling against Nasir ability, I can prevent early scoring quite well due to Test Run/StimShop Femme, I will win the economy war against every slow deck for sure due to Opus, Nasirs ability and incredibly efficient runs.

Most importantly, I have never lost money due to Nasirs ability in an unintended way after I got Nexus. M

1 Like

Yeah I agree with this. From what I’ve seen Nexus only thrives when Mopus is around, and Nasir hates stockpiling creds. (Though I am aware it can sometimes provide him a strong late game, I’m still not convinced it’s right econ for him).

Yeah, that is true, but you have to power out two ~9 cost things and 6 creds worth of Rabbits. You have to do this while maintaining pressure (Kate can do this because she doesn’t lose creds on rez) and you have to have a way through the third ice, if they put one on. It’s not impossible, but the odds are against you–I tried out Nexus in Nasir and Nasir can’t beat the traces when he needs it to matter. And anyway, Toolbox is still better for him.

Maybe it’s Triple Femme time?