Exploring a Stalling Metagame: Nasir Meidan StimShop by El-Ad David Amir

I guess it would work in Nasir a bit better than others because you delay the corp rezzing ice until mid-lategame, giving Nasir some econ when normally he’s starting to run dry. Why the Activist Support? Tags would just mean the corp can trash Workshop.

There is always the Activist Support combo with Davinchi/Artist Colon, and Pawn Shop. That way you can install it on the Corp’s turn give them the bad pub and then trash it before the next tag trigger. I know there a some haley lists that have been successful with this.

1 Like

This, davinci or artist with fansite/agenda to bring it out after corp’s last paid window, turn begins, get pub, aesops. Gets you the first, and then the IJs get you more. Hyperdriver can be used to speed up things, including allowing you to do stuff on the turn that you IJ…Too bad its sounding more like jank as we go…but fun jank…

Then let’s slap in some more stuff for Aesop’s to be more useful than just Activist Support control! If we’re going full jank, let’s Replicate out some Net Chips.

1 Like

Stealth Nasir seems the way forward IMO. Getting a favorable Astrobiotics matchup though? Still too slow. Even worse against Sync variants.

Clot and sac cons can handle that, its not that big of a problem. I think the other key is to not go 100% stealth. Importing switchblade is a maybe, but refractor is key. I wonder if nasirstimshop is alright. Just load up the workshops and run and stimhack out all your stuff.

There was one quite successful build at a SC in Wrocław two weeks ago: http://www.acoo.net/deck/17084/planszweczka-store-championships-7th-witold-039donmakaron039-jakubowski-the-mad-hatter-31a/

1 Like

I’ve really struggled to manage clot in Nasir. I’m always on pretty much 0 or 1 creds in my pool in the early game so CVS are hard to stop, even with CC’s or other recursion options around. Late game I guess you can stockpile a bit but by then the train has left the station.

One thing I have noted about the NEH matchup is that Nasir can often instantly lock RnD, so usually this problem only stems from what’s in hand, but then Fast Tracks and pop-up windows :frowning:

Refractor for the win. I still think Dagger is fine. Lady’s for the barriers? Atman is horribly expensive for Nasir without Stimhacking, but you need an AI solution so despite it being a dirty word, Faust is good here. Ghost Runner is pretty much a Nasir staple, and recurring creds are always great, so Cloaks make sense.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness post. I’m big on Nasir, nice to see some guys thinking about it.

Lastly, no offense whatsoever to El-Ad, but can we change the thread name to a cutesy play on words stimhack style one?

What about some davinci action? Nasir can put the corp into a lose/lose on rezzing, with the power counters, you can ride 0 credits and still credibly threaten clot, and it adds equity to checking remotes.

When patron comes out mMMMMmmmm

1 Like

Patron is crazy good, but sadly it just enables more Faust bullshit. :frowning:

I’m pretending faust doesn’t exist.

5 Likes

I hesitate to be the one to bring this up, but please understand this comes from a place of love (I played Nasir almost exclusively in tournaments from his release through data and destiny). Why play stealth Nasir? How is he better than Hayley (the Kate of stealth imo, though please feel free to fill in with Kate or CT or even Kit as you see fit)?

I don’t mean this as a rhetorical question; maybe he is better. There have definitely been times when Nasir has been a strong meta choice to take advantage of mid-high-cost ICE setups that Nasir could use to accelerate his rig at doomsday speeds. The trick is, what stealth rigs need most is draw and clicks to install - the two resources Nasir can’t get any extra of, especially not mid-rez which is when he really, really needs to be spending his money.

So what’s the game plan here? Is there something I’m missing making Nasir worth sleeving up again, or is this more along the lines of “how do we make a Nasir deck that isn’t garbage” than “is there a good deck that is best with Nasir?”

2 Likes

I mean, I’ve made Nasir decks that aren’t garbage, but he’s not anywhere nearly as good as the other Shapers. He simply needs a bank that works mid-run, and he’d be fucking amazing.

Maybe DaVinci is that thing …

I gotta bring @cspieker in on this, because he’s experimented with basically every Nasir build imaginable, including DaVinci. It’s a good card, but the problem tends to be that it doesn’t discount the install, the install cost on the card must be equal to or less than the number of power counters. It’s great, but when they’re gone, Nasir is sad again.

That said, I can see this kind of deck being pretty good after Patron arrives:

3x Career Fair (3)
3x ProCo
3x Workshop
3x Patron
1x Faust (2)
1x Lady (1)
1x Mimic (1)
3x DaVinci
3x Clone Chip (3)
1x Parasite (3)
2x Self Mod
2x Order of Sol
3x R&D Int.
1x Cy-Cy
1x Inti
3x Hotel
3x Diesel
3x Armitage
2x Ghost Runner
1x Legwork (2)
1x Levy
1x Same Old
1x Scavenge

This thread is like the Lazarus of this forum, it keeps coming back to the front page.

4 Likes

And it’s back again!

Picked up Nexus Nasir again. Frustrated at how much Nasir ruins the late game, I’m attempting to make a deck that wants to win quick or go home - Hyperdriver Keyhole. This is my first draft, does anybody want to point out my obvious and easily fixable mistakes?

Keyhole Stimshop

Nasir Meidan: Cyber Explorer

Event (11)
3x Diesel
3x Escher
2x Net Celebrity
3x Stimhack •••

Hardware (5)
3x Clone Chip ☆☆☆
2x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (13)
3x Armitage Codebusting
3x Earthrise Hotel
2x Hunting Grounds ••
2x Order of Sol
3x Personal Workshop

Icebreaker (8)
1x Atman
2x Cyber-Cypher
1x Deus X
1x Eater •••
1x Inti
1x Mimic •
1x Sharpshooter

Program (10)
3x Hyperdriver
1x Keyhole •••
3x Leprechaun
3x Self-modifying Code

12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12)
47 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Visage + faust would be better than Eater. The odds are already stacked against Nasir. Why add ‘can’t access’ to his problems with the Eater? Keyhole is hard to do multiple times and then run archives because Howards sit on the table, untrashed. Net celebrity is a waste, honestly. I never felt like it was a good draw. Keyhole should be parasite. And you need an answer to blue sun.

1 Like

I’m resurrecting this thread because the entirety was a fascinating read and I’m curious what the state of Nasir is in the current meta landscape? I hadn’t wrapped my head around him and this thread was brilliant for illuminating lines of play.

It feels like an odd place right now for Nasir, since the rise of Dumbleforks and the popularity of asset spam has really devalued ICE. This has placed an emphasis on low cost, high impact ICE - exactly the type that is worst for Nasir. Asset spam looks tough for him, since he seems designed to run best on fumes.

I see this thread pretty much died with MWL. Now that we have had some time to adjust to the impact, is anyone playing a post-MWL list with Nasir? I’m particular looking for something that doesn’t completely dump the engines that everyone was using pre-MWL and sticks with his standard game plan. Can we prioritize what got hit on the MWL and streamline it to a still-functional level? Are there any new tools that can replace the function of something to mitigate the influence hit?

I’m going to work up a list on NRDB, but I’m curious if anyone that was active in this discussion has a sleeper build.

I have a build that is Faust-centric that I’ve been giving some runs. It wins games, but it is not remotely stable. Still dies to asset spam. It started as a faust + parasite recursion, and has moved to largely just a faust deck. Doesn’t fit the bill of what you’re looking for.

I think there are a few security nexus builds up on NRDB by @pinkwarrior and others that seems quite strong, because of his ability’s interaction with Nexus.