Exploring a Stalling Metagame: Nasir Meidan StimShop by El-Ad David Amir

I think what Nasir cams has shown me is that the Spy Cam + Replicator shell is strong in any Shaper ID. It’s just bonkers in general, because it reduces the amount of time you need to spend running RND for random accesses. It, rather, eliminates random accessing from RND. The thing that’s cool with Nasir Cams is that each camera eventually becomes a Cache that you can pop at any point during the run. I think this sort of solves much of the problem with Nasir decks, insofar as he usually just hits stupid ice and can’t get through. Faust + Hopper is nice to have, and I’m on Hotels here, because we want to draw faster than Hayley.

I mean, he still loses to dumb tagstorm bullshit, but he’s always lost to that. I feel like the trade-off of insta-money and the best breakers in the game are enough of a boon to him to warrant the time I’m spending.

3 Likes

The deck of the week inspired me to try Nasir again.

Nasir Meidan: Cyber Explorer

Event (11)
3x Diesel
1x Legwork ●●
2x Networking ●●
2x Out of the Ashes
3x The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (10)
2x Astrolabe
3x Clone Chip ★★★
2x Plascrete Carapace
3x R&D Interface

Resource (14)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop
3x Armitage Codebusting
1x Beth Kilrain-Chang
3x Drug Dealer ●●●
3x Ghost Runner
1x Political Operative ●

Icebreaker (6)
1x Atman
1x Chameleon
1x Cyber-Cypher
1x Deus X
1x Faust ★ ●●
1x Inti

Program (4)
1x Cache ●
3x Self-modifying Code

Basically attempt to make this idea work part some-high-number. I don’t think it’s good enough, but it’s fun when it works. Out of the Ashes is wrong - probably it should be like Beth #2 and I dunno what.

Has anyone tried him with crescents and parasite as the main programs?

Has anyone tried crescents and parasite as his main programs?

Its lanky sounding. But crescents just turns big ice over, and hopefully they paid for the privilege, and parasite kills off vanilla, quandary, and other stupid tiny ice. Something like this;

2 crescents *
1 parasite ***
1 faust ***
2 drug dealer *
3 clone chip *
2 lady *

Or something? With 3 self modifying code you can find stuff pretty quick, recur what you can to keep your weird economy rolling, and add scavenge or Patricia to taste. Maybe even ghost runner and net mercur, can’t lose those creds!

i too rebuilt that DoTW Patron is the nuts

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/774245

you could cut davinci, but if you dont TME should probably be RDI. It won its 2 games yesterday.

2 CS MemChips and no console? Even if you need that much MU, why not a one-of of Maya or Mirror?

Am I too long away from the game to realize this is a joke deck? Or is Enforcer 1.0 the new hotness?

1 Like

I’ve been playing the DotW and everything @x3r0h0ur has said up thread is very true: there’s so many good low rez cost ice that Nasir is just permanently poor. Resistor, Aiki, Vanilla, Ice Wall, it’s just an uphill battle. Every time you expect to dump your credits and gain 4-5 you are instead dumping your credits and going to 0-2. It takes so long to get to the ideal runner end game and if the corp top decks one of these low cost ice they have a scoring window. It’s brutal.

On a side note, Algo Trading has actually been ok for me.

sure mirror, but maya is literal trash. i wouldnt rven want to be tempted to use its garbo ability. i did have astrolabe but didnt change 1 when i took it out…oops. mirror is…fine…i guess? Simply, there isn’t a recurring credit to refresh, and maya sucks, so memchip it is.

Uh? Both Maya and Mirror are still 1 cred cheaper than the chip. Even if you ignore their abilities forever, it still makes sense to include one as a 1-of to save money … unless of course you’re really, really afraid of Enforcer 1.0. Nasir is extremely poor these days, saving money helps him a lot.

I have no idea why in a cycle that is defined by the money battle between Corp and Runner anyone would play the literally poorest guy in this game. Nasir’s day will come. But it’s not in this data cycle.

Hah, true, I thought maya was 4, thats how much that card has been rotting in my binder. Put in 2 mirror so you don’t accidentally trigger maya 8P

Has anyone considered the falcon breakers in Nasir yet? Seems like being able to constantly derez ice would be good in Nasir.

If it didn’t cost you a million more credits to derez than the breaker+breaking costs, it might be worth something. So exclusively very high rez cost ICE? People are leaning more toward rush ICE since most scoring upgrades aren’t a thing any more, so I’m not sure this will get much done against most decks.

If Multithreaders get easier to play, this deck will be a thing, just you see. Until then…

Also, Net Mercur might be worth looking into for this very reason, or better.

You guys know that london library exists right?

Also ice analyzer could be a pretty fair add to the deck.

This is what I’ve been fiddling around with.

https://netrunnerdb.com/en/deck/view/788093

I want to fit in some tag-avoidance, and I think it might want to be retooled for Stealth. Not sure, but DaVinci is easily the most dangerous card in the deck.

I Top 8’d a Regionals this weekend with Nasir :grin:
Here is my list Turbo Nasir · NetrunnerDB

6 Likes