Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

You only want to ice HQ, R&D and Scoring server, which are also the only servers that should exist. Vs. crim I also ice archives in case of TC.

One thing you have going vs. TC is that you will have things iced pretty fast. With your money coming from transactions you should have ice in place as fast as it shows up.

You are RACING to get out. I won a game at gencon vs. cams haley where she literally did not run. I went from 0 points to 7 in 2 turns, about 7 turns in to the game.

Ice destruction is very bad, but it is sort of mitigated by speed (kind of, its hard to describe).

Vs sucker-site.
1: If they are running to build up suckers they are enabling SEA source, kill is on the table.
2: Uses high strength barriers. Factory only has to last 2 rounds before you can FA oaktowns for net neg 2.

Vs cutlery:
1: Usually they use Faust to do the breaking, between the cutlery and the cards you’ve got a shot at a kill.
2: Use “secret service” strat, chump barrier squats in front of serious one. They have to reiterate their break.
3: Factory can turn changeling to dodge the cutlery.

Most importantly, ice destruction is rarer on the ground nowadays after second MWL round. You get more cams and nexus shaper, etc.

On the topic of Weyland’s lack of recent good cards, I have to say that Consulting Visit has made my Blue Sun kill absolutely vicious. So much so that I’ve been putting off rebuilding my beloved Argus. I think I’m taking it to Worlds. Best Weyland card in a long time.

Government Contracts is my go-to Weyland money agenda. If I score it early, I basically spend the rest of the game clicking up and repeatedly installing Adonis and Public Supports until the runner is broke enough to kill.

I’ve been going 3 consulting visit, 3 targeted marketing. Use CV to OAI when appropriate. TM David sometimes, Siphon others, maybe SEA / Scorch if possible.

Also, fu EMPLOYEE STRIKE. Targeted marketing, Employee Strike. Stop it.

Oh I LOVE the Targeted Marketing idea! Used to be my secret anti-Parasite tech in NEXT Design but I forgot all about it! TOTALLY trying this one out.

Don’t think it works on SEA/Scorch, though, unless you find a way to make the runner play them,

Psycho Tycho Returns

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon

Agenda (9)
3x Hollywood Renovation
3x New Construction
3x Oaktown Renovation

Asset (26)
3x Commercial Bankers Group
3x Jackson Howard ○○○
2x Jeeves Model Bioroids ○○○○○ ○
2x Mumba Temple ☆☆ ○○○○
3x Mumbad City Hall
3x Mumbad Construction Co.
2x Museum of History ○○○○
3x PAD Campaign
1x PAD Factory ○○
2x Sandburg
2x Tech Startup

Barrier (6)
2x Bailiff
2x Spiderweb
2x Vanilla

Code Gate (2)
2x Datapike

Sentry (6)
2x Cobra
1x Guard
3x Tour Guide

13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13, available 0)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

This was the trickery that I thought of when I remembered the old Psycho Tycho deck. Original idea centered around using Casting Call and Vanity Projects for a 2 Agenda Scoring window. Plenty of Dedicated Ceremonies were involved and I haven’t yet tested with Clone Sufferage Movement.

1 Like

Suggesting that with this new meta of rich runners High-Risk Investments should be in your future.

1 Like

There was a concept of using Jeeves with Melange as well as PAD Factory to get you cost efficient Advancements with money on the side.

Yeah, I’ve tried it before, but it’s never felt as good to score as Government Contracts. Requiring a click and only working once makes it more of a combo piece than a valid economy option, and it’s a lot harder to include in a kill combo without resorting to Subcontract or something. To make it work you’d probably have to switch to Midseasons.

I think Blue Sun or hyper rush Argus is the strongest Weyland right now. I took Argus to 18th at Gencon and took Blue Sun to two ANRPC tournaments the weeks before, dropping only one game between them. I’ve also had a lot of success with Trick of Light out of BoN. Getting past 5 points is hard usually, and it allows you to score out an Atlas for victory.

Also, Damon has confirmed that Mausolus is part of a cycle of Weyland ice. We’ve seen another card in the fourth data pack that has to deal with advanceable ice as well. I personally feel the future is bright for Weyland.

3 Likes

BWBI is hovering on the edge of glory. Biggest problem is that trick of light/commercialization are the only way to get value off of your “bank” wall. If they ever give us something else to do with advancement tokens on ice there will be a heck of a deck to be had.

That won’t solve the problem entirely, because other than the discount ICE, most advancable ICE need the counters to stick around to make them useful, so ToL isn’t always useful. And Commercialization doesn’t even give a very good return in a deck that’s built to “abuse” it.

The real problem is that none of the things you can do with advancement tokens on ICE are cost-efficient enough to be WORTH doing when advancing ICE in the first place is such a huge click investment. If there was a better clickless way of advancing ICE than Matrix Analyzer, Commercialization might actually be a viable econ option.

Heck, even an operation that just let me pay X to place X advancement counters on ICE that can be advanced would be a start.

2 Likes

This is exactly the issue. If BWBI’s ability read: “At the beginning of your turn, you may spend 1c to place one advancement counter on a piece of ICE that can be advanced” I’m fairly certain they would be competitive. They got a discount on the wrong resource.

5 Likes

Someone mentioned Weyland FA decks using Construction Co, so I thought I’d pimp my Gagarin FA deck that I originally posted at this link but I will repost below so you don’t actually have to follow. Despite FAing agendas, it’s a pretty slow buildup, but generally once you start scoring you finish the game in a couple of turns. I’ve gone from 1 point to 7 points in a matter of 2 turns quite often, and from 0 points to 7 points a couple times as well. It’s not a T1 deck, but it’s actually quite good.

Rocket Fuel

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (6)

Asset (21)

Operation (12)

Barrier (5)

Sentry (5)

12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12, available 0)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to 23 Seconds

That being said, Rush decks and FA decks are very different beasts. I couldn’t imagine a MCC deck being a rush deck, simply because of how bloody expensive it is to use, but maybe with the right tools you can get it to work. I’d love to see @Waltzard list; the attempts I’ve had at making a rush deck out of MCC usually end up with me being too poor to do anything at all. This slower-to-build-up more-money-than-god kinda deck has been the only success I’ve had with MCC outside of Tubs.

1 Like

I mean, Dedication Ceremony is kind of this. It’s not X, but you usually don’t need more than 3. I suppose the downside is that it has to be rezzed already, so you can’t surprise anyone, but it seems good for “turning on” Mausolus or similar.

Heh, I mean the CV into SEA / Scorch if I find them at 3 cards.

Dedication Ceremony also limits it to one piece of ICE. I want to be able to spread them around!

I play ToL to win the game, not to score a single point beforehand . Rushing out to 5 is pretty easy. They usually then put the remote lock on though, so scoring out the last 2 points is very important.

1 Like

Care to share your Argus list?

Death Garunteed

Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed

Agenda (15)
2x Chronos Project
2x False Lead
2x Geothermal Fracking
3x Hostile Takeover
3x Profiteering
3x Project Atlas

Asset (9)
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
1x Project Junebug ●
3x Snare! ●●●●● ●
2x Zealous Judge

Operation (13)
3x Consulting Visit
1x Hard-Hitting News ●●
3x Hedge Fund
3x Scorched Earth
1x Snatch and Grab
1x Subcontract
1x Traffic Accident

Barrier (4)
2x Ice Wall
2x Vanilla

Code Gate (3)
3x Quandary

Sentry (5)
2x Archer
1x Cobra
1x Data Raven ●●
1x Swordsman ●

It beat Ken Tenma, Au Revoir CT (one of their combined 2 losses on day 1), False Echo Val and Cams Geist. It lost against Spag’s Val, Vamp Kate and Damonfork with 2 PolOp. All three losses were very close games, with the problem being stalling on 5-6 points. Or in Spags case, him having 2 IHW on turn 5.

Maybe switch out the HHN for a second Data Raven? How often do you actually have the cash for it?

If you switch out the Swordsman for a single All-Seeing I then you can toss Salem’s Hospitality in there to handle the IHWs.

What’s the Subcontract for? you don’t have SEA Source or Midseasons so it’s not a very good Plascrete answer. Maybe Shattered Remains would work better?