3x Ice Wall

Code Gate (3)
2x Builder
1x Wormhole

Sentry (2)
2x Shadow

Multi (1)
1x Orion

12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

Current jams, would love some feedback.

zealous judge has a posse

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (6)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (21)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (2)

Sentry (4)

Multi (2)

• 2x Orion (Order and Chaos)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

As long as you are aware of Temujin (i.e. save an ice that you can afford to rez against criminal until you see TC hit the board), this deck makes enough money to threaten a game-winning trace from very early. HHN or prisec + zealous judge can make it very hard to deal with that, and False Lead makes it even harder.

I love Localized Product Line and Consulting visit. You can go for whatever you need to get the kill as long as you have the money. If you don’t have the money, chances are it’s because OAI is on the bottom of your deck, so grab 3 of them and make it rain.

Melange is a new addition (previously was 2x Paywall implementation b/c Employee Strike is much harder to deal with when you don’t have 3x Hostile Takeover). I like it because nobody wants to run a rich Blue Sun early so it’s typically good for a turn (and then forces the runner to run it and get HHN’ed).

When Mausolus arrives, I’ll be putting it in, probably replacing Cobra or Assassin. Even without advancements, that is a brutal face-check.

2 Likes

Have you playtested this deck?

Yeah, a dozen or so games on jnet. I’ve been winning more than losing, but GT is really swingy and it racks up its share of early game losses.

Common Method of winning?

Normal Weyland Stuff. Make a lot of money first, then either HHN -> False Lead/Zealous judge -> scorched OR vanity project/GT stolen -> punitive. Occasionally I can pull off a win with PriSec landing the initial tag instead of HHN.

Consulting Visit and Localized Product Line make it more likely that you can get the 2+ scorches or 2 punitives you typically need to get the job done.

I have to score a VP surprisingly frequently in order to force the runner to start making runs. There has been the odd game or two where I won on points with 2 vanity projects that the runner was unwilling to steal.

I finally felt comfortable publishing my Argus deck. I think the Casting Calls pushed it a little farther than the News Team and the lonely Snare!

Check it out. I’ve won a lot of games against a lot of very good players with it. I don’t think it’s quite good enough to win a major tournament (those players might be a little too good and a little too wary for it to succeed), but it’s certainly capable of making a showing and would certainly pick up some games.

Fuck Kopiok’s deck

Ralph is mad because he watched me murder someone four times in a row last night sticking tags all in entirely different ways. :wink:

1 Like

how much work data raven is doing here? id switch them for snares.

Data Raven does insane work. It’s one of the only ways you can keep R&D taxing in the face of bad pub/Temüjin. Snare! is nice, but smart runners just play around it. Data Raven demands they interact with it. I’d sooner switch the Casting Calls to Snare!s if you wanted the Snare!.

1 Like

So I’ve been having some success with this kinda hybrid Blue Sun murder/glacier deck. It’s not as rushy or as punishing as Argus is on the murder front, but still ends up winning most games I’ve played it in, and doesn’t have that kind of fragile feeling I get when playing Argus rush.

Old School Blue Sun Murder

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (10)

Asset (6)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (13)

Barrier (8)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (6)

Multi (1)

• 1x Orion (Order and Chaos)

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

The idea, as with several Blue Sun murder decks, is to tax the runner out on running while also killing them. The deck can still rush a good bit, since you’re still playing the good Weyland rush agendas, and it can actually score the Food fairly often, unlike most Weyland decks that just include it to lower density. The Crisium is fairly good right now, with literally every damn deck having Temujin in it (I mean, my decks have it too, but that’s different). Obviously this deck probably changes a TON once Boom is out, but in the mean time I’ve been having a pretty good time. It doesn’t use any fancy new cards, but it holds it’s own decently.

I’m considering -1 Changeling -1 SEA Source +1 Lotus Field +1 Enforcing Loyalty. There’s been a ton of games where the runner’s been lowish on money and I know that if I can kill something like Kati or their singleton Gordion or something that I basically just win the game. I’ll probably test that out this week while waiting for fun new cards to release.

2 Likes

How’s the Shaper mup? I’ve always found the only way to win against Shaper with BS scoring strategies is to score a turn 2 or 3 Oaktown behind a Hive, which is why I play a third Hive. Once the durdley Shaper decks get their Cam/Cache/whatever engines up and have infinite money it’s so hard to dissuade them from RND unless you’re on 5 points and can threaten NA Atlas in your scoring remote.

I guess you may catch some Shapers out if they assume you’re not in kill, but everyone in my meta installs Plascretes ASAP against all Weyland, which is probably right.

1 Like

I’ve been playing Glacier Kill BS for over a year on and off; it’s still a strong deck. My latest list is pretty similar to what you have here. My suggestion, is that if you drop a SEA, you can upgrade the Tollbooths to Januses. Then you won’t have to play Taurus. No one wants to play “Find the Janus” mini-game. In the lategame, if you have a Janus and access to the kill combo, you can basically score out with impunity.

1 Like

I actually changed this deck from one that ran 2x Janus. It scores out a little better, but is less scary overall. So far I’m actually kinda liking the Lotus + Loyalty, so I think I’m going to continue playing with that for a bit. Janus is super fun, though =)

@moistloaf Overall, I’d say the shaper mup is okay, but I actually play against shapers so rarely these days around here it’s hard to say. It has a pretty good mup against the DDoS/Keyhole deck since it has 2x Boot Camp as well as the OAIs.

1 Like

I second Janus. It has been a very influential card in all my Blue Sun decks. As soon as they see it, every new piece of ice is Janus until proven otherwise. That gives you a lot of leeway in scoring agendas or keeping them out. I only run it as a 1x right now though.

Enforcing Loyalty has been working wonders for me, especially when those pesky criminals think their breaker is safe in play early game. Also, who needs Plascrete? I do think that Consulting Visit has a spot in that style of deck though.

2 Likes

I agree on Consulting for Loyalty, but I’m nervous about cutting anything. I could go down to 1x Interns, but it’s such a damn good card. Also, it’s super duper slow spending all 3 clicks to kill 1 card, but I guess if it wins you the game it wins you the game.

How much value is shattered remains these days? Is Power Grid Overload still horrible? I hate that I remember every terrible card in this game.

Yep, still terrible. Not only is it a low trace (2), but if you’re aiming for a plascrete you have to overpay their max link by 4 and you still need to tag them. It’s about as useful as Lab Dog.

Hey, Lab Dog is way more useful when you put it like that! So shattered, right? Kills Rabbit Holes, Security Nexus, Net-Ready Yog, Yogosaurus, Personal Yog. I’ve had a lot of trouble with Str 3/4 code gates in my AoT, but that’s for another thread.