Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

I was pretty sure they didn’t need to be tagged.

As with all advanceable traps, Shattered is pretty sweet if you can get them to run on it, but getting them to run things is up to them. I’ve had better success with Taurus coupled with Loyalty right now than I have with Shattered Remains in the past, at least out of Blue Sun. I kinda like a Shattered in Argus, though, because they run so many agendas and try and score them in diverse enough situations that it fires more often.

I’ve always thought Taurus got dumped on a bit too hard and was worth a 1x.

1 Like

Something a bit different here, using unreleased cards: Keep the runner’s cash low with Reversed Accounts + Dedication Ceremony, and Hard Hitting News with the threat of Boom, while trying to score 3 points. Would be nice to have more room for ice and/or a Mumad Virtual Tour package, so maybe babw is not the ideal ID for this.

Normcore

Weyland Consortium: Building a Better World

Agenda (8)
1x Eden Fragment
3x Government Contracts
1x High-Risk Investment
2x Hostile Takeover
1x Utopia Fragment

Asset (5)
2x Jackson Howard ●●
3x Reversed Accounts ●●●

Operation (24)
3x Beanstalk Royalties
3x BOOM!
2x Consulting Visit
3x Dedication Ceremony
3x Green Level Clearance ●●●
3x Hard-Hitting News ●●●●● ●
3x Hedge Fund
1x Power Grid Overload
3x Restructure

Barrier (6)
2x Changeling
1x Hadrian’s Wall
3x Spiderweb

Code Gate (4)
1x Lotus Field ●
3x Quandary

Sentry (2)
1x Caduceus
1x Cobra

No upgrade guy from pack 6? Seems he would fit in with the idea of keep the runner poor and win the money race. Since he can let you blast off into the stratosphere credit wise.

I like it. I am really looking forward to seeing boom decks be a thing for a while.

They don’t need to be tagged for Power Grid Overload to fire, but if you’re spending big money on a trace to kill a piece of hardware, you’re probably trying to kill the runner. The only reasonable way to do that is by tagging them.

I never tried Enforcing Loyalty in Blue Sun. Saan, I love your weird face so much right now, you get a gold star and a half. I just noticed it wasn’t really a Jinteki card. Not in the way Cache is not a Criminal card, but more like how meat damage cards are in NBN. It’s also a great way to make the runner pay money, and then Stinson right back up.

1 Like

Enforcing Loyalty rocks for neutral hardware and resources. But they lack on monochrome built runner decks. Like that particular Anarch that don’t need out of faction resources or hardware.

1 Like

You Enforce away the NRE and then score a million agendas behind Lotus Field. Then do it again if/when they install Atman.

5 Likes

So is encrypted portals better yet? Ugh, wrong thread.

3 Likes

Force of Will v3.9 (Escalation)

Blue Sun: Powering the Future

Agenda (6)
1x Government Takeover
1x Hades Fragment
3x High-Risk Investment
1x Priority Requisition

Asset (5)
2x Ghost Branch ●●
3x Jackson Howard ●●●

Upgrade (2)
2x Prisec

Operation (20)
2x Accelerated Diagnostics ●●
1x BOOM!
3x Hedge Fund
3x Oversight AI
2x Power Shutdown
3x Punitive Counterstrike
2x Restructure
3x Scorched Earth
1x SEA Source ●●

Barrier (10)
3x Curtain Wall
3x Hadrian’s Wall
2x Hive
2x Spiderweb

Sentry (5)
3x Data Raven ●●●●● ●
2x Taurus

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

How do you fire the Boom! without some sort of click gain / interns? Both Jacksons already on the table seems the only way. Or is it not there for the Combo?

Accelerated diagnostics ignores additional costs

It’s more getting them tagged twice that seems hard, although I guess there is Ghost Branch.

Oh right, you mean to shuffle the sea source back in and use it again. Seems like if you’re combining without the runner tagging themselves then you just want to sea, scorch, scorch. Whereas the runner might leave counters on data raven or keep the tags they got from running through if they think two plascretes makes them safe so you can boom and double scorch.

Force of Will v4.6

Blue Sun: Powering the Future

Agenda (7)
2x False Lead
1x Government Takeover
1x Hades Fragment
3x High-Risk Investment

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard ●●●

Upgrade (2)
2x Prisec

Operation (20)
1x BOOM!
3x Consulting Visit
1x Hard-Hitting News ●●
3x Hedge Fund
3x Oversight AI
3x Punitive Counterstrike
3x Restructure
3x Scorched Earth

Barrier (10)
3x Curtain Wall
3x Hadrian’s Wall
2x Hive
2x Spiderweb

Code Gate (2)
2x DNA Tracker ●●●●● ●

Sentry (4)
2x Data Raven ●●●●
2x Taurus

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

I guess I feel like the Hardian’s is still kinda a bad inclusion… I’d make at least 1 of them an Orion if not 2, and the leftovers could just be either extra Hives and Spiderwebs, or maybe just good ol’ Datapikes. Other than that, the list has been looking better and better the more you iterate. I remember looking at the first one and being pretty unimpressed, whereas this one looks like it has some teeth =)

Hadrian’s Wall is money, keep at 3. Orion is terrible, broken by any breaker, not even a tax without the 3rd sub. Datapike is dead when the first code gate breaker slaps the board. Waste of 4 credits for a 2 credit tax. The only thing that changed was swapping Power Shutdown combo for 3 Consulting Visit and 1 Hard Hitting News. Same 4 cards slots, same influence cost. Less Asset flexibility. I hate this build and have since changed it since ICE is useless.

DNA Tracker is a great tax at 6 str and 3 subs, but it acts just like a Cortex Lock. Great for facecheck, horrible after decoder. Especially in stealth meta. Wanted to use Tollbooth instead but Data Raven got the spot. Reverted back to using Advancable Traps and Snare!

Which makes me question the strength of DNA Tracker compared to Mausolus. The only thing that Mausolus has going for it is that its cheap, advancable for good times, and it doesn’t cost influence.

Looking into Fairchild 2.0 as a replacement for Datapike. Better tax and higher strength, combine with Tollbooth but need to bait out runs with a different Asset.

Added Bailiff for 2 cred swings in my favor. Easier to roll than a Paywall Implementation.