Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

Successfully played my Blue Sun - Janus deck at last weekends Regional. It went 4-1, Scorching three runners, killing one with brain damage and losing super unlucky in turn 3 against an Andy, who found 4 agendas in 6 single accesses total :confused:

Weyland meat damage plus Janus is a match made in heaven. <3
I played the deck (and its predecessors) in three tournaments this year. Twice I finished 2nd and only at this Regional I did not do well, thanks to my runner.

1 Like

Sounds really interesting! Do you have a recent list?

The most recent one is not online yet, but this is a 90% identical version:

How does it do against siphon/vamp decks? I suppose the Blue Sun ability does help that in general, but you need to get up to that much money in the first place to rez the ice (or get those OAIs going).

Siphon and Vamp are hardly an issue. After a Vamp you can just bounce ICE and be rich again.
Siphon is barely efficient since you gotta clear tags.
Newest version plays Snatch & Grab + Midseasons, but only 2 Janus.

Nice, that looks really similar to a list that @ossa and I (mostly ossa =P) worked on last year that I played at the PAX Icebreaker tourney. I think another one of Robert’s friends, Alex Black, played it also, winning the thing. I can’t find the original list any more, since I’ve messed with it tons since then, which is sad because I’d love to link it and see the differences. Either way, Janus BS is a hilariously fun deck. Your version looks awesome; I might give it a run for a bit =)

2 Likes

Hey @Ulkrond and @Seamus I think we are in business here. Time to really fire up the grill.

4 Likes

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4 Likes

wait, what’s this trash can icon mean? oh :sob:

1 Like

it’s a well designed card

Indeed, it even has an option to be trashed and removed from game! It’s definitely balanced and as long as you keep sweeping R&D for it you’re gonna be in for a surprise.

Getting 2 Tags on a runner? Midseasoned-to-hell costly
Spending a full turn trying to dig up this card? 1 in 5 card turns, unless Plascrete/Sports Hopper.
The look on Whizzard’s face? Priceless.

It’s a new contender for best art + flavour text though! Looks like it will be very fun to play, and the trash cost is an interesting balancing mechanic as it encourages you to run (unlike SEA Scorch).

Does anyone think Door to Door would work in Zealous Judge Argus?

4 Likes

I do

It will work Anywhere!

I guess I kinda don’t think it will do enough to justify the card slot and the play cost. Trace 1 is practically free, and paying more than 1 into it is basically Vamping yourself. If they take the tag, I guess you can rez Judge, but then they go kill it after shaking the tag click 1. Plus, Argus runs agendas galore, and this is a current. It’s not staying around long.

2 Likes

BOOM! is again a better NBN card than Weyland, however. It’s more influence cheap than Scorched and requires multiple tags, both traits it shares with Traffic Accident. I see this as giving Butchershop NBN another couple influence to play with.

Then again, Consulting Visit is a helluva card & works naturally with Midseason. We may see a rise of Midseason Weyland with fewer SEA Source decks. I’ll definitely try it out. BOOM looks like a much better finisher than Scorched, to such an extent I’d be tempted to totally replace Scorched in all Midseason builds regardless of faction.

Also, is this the first exclamation card outside of Jinteki? The exclamation point usually means “this card is awesome.”

2 Likes

Yeah, I think so too. My knee-jerk reaction was “it is going to be too difficult to land at least two tags while keeping this from getting trashed.” But it SHOULD be really difficult to dump 7 meat damage on the runner.

Can’t wait to try it out!

Lemme work on that.

I assume that, like the strangely exclamation point-less Surge, you must yell “BOOM!” to get the full effect.

1 Like