Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

Yeah, my Argus further upthread uses Judge + HHN to hilarious effect (combo’d additionally with False Lead!). With BoN, I keep trying to think of how I make the ability useful, and really I just keep coming back to using it as something to make Scorch and additional damage more threatening, kinda like Argus. I’m just not sure BoN has the deckslots (or the influence) to dedicate to too complicated a kill plan, so I’m not trying the HHN + Judge route yet.

I kinda want to say fuck it and throw a couple Cleaners in, but the deck has basically no safe way to score 3 points. It can’t really recover economically from the tempo hit of scoring a 5/3 against most reasonable decks, so once The Cleaners is scored, SEA Scorch is basically off the table. The extra damage is still really cool on your ICE (vs non ice destruction decks), and it’s also really fun on Prisec, but if there’s no good way to seal the deal I’m not sure it’s worth while.

Sometimes I wonder if Blue Sun’s existence is hampering the ability for Weyland to get good ICE.

It shouldn’t. I mean, with a few exceptions (e.g., Tollbooth), everyone’s best ice tends to be in the 5c and under area, doesn’t it?

1 Like

I played a bunch of Visit / Midseasons / Product Line GRNDL.

My experience was that Visit and Product Line cost just a little too much: I lost a lot of games to tag-me runners on R&D with 3 scorched in hand while I clicked for credits.

1 Like

Had fun playing my stupidly-modified-and-untested-beforehand version of the six-agenda spread at GenCon today. It ended up going 4-2. Murdered a flock of Whizzards, a Tenma, and a SpyCam Haley.

Notable moments of murder:
Convincing the runner that a naked six-advanced Overwriter was actually a Government Takeover, and watching as they explode.
Getting Siphoned down to 0 at the end of a very long game, one where they had stolen the GT earlier, and couldn’t find another agenda. They ended up floating tags, which let me actually fire the Exchange to get the GT back, click it for 3c, and then use those credits to fire a Scorched to get a kill.
Just naked-advancing a GT when I somehow lucked into getting all three Punitives early.

Let’s Do Something Stupid

Argus Security: Protection Guaranteed (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (6)
1x Government Takeover (Order and Chaos)
2x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Vanity Project (Old Hollywood) ●●●

Asset (6)
1x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control) ●●
2x Commercial Bankers Group (Democracy and Dogma)
1x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ●●

Upgrade (2)
1x Crisium Grid (First Contact)
1x Underway Grid (The Underway)

Operation (22)
3x Consulting Visit (The Liberated Mind)
2x Exchange of Information (The Liberated Mind) ●●●●
1x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
1x Foxfire (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Neural EMP (Core Set) ●●
3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
1x SEA Source (Core Set) ●●
1x Snatch and Grab (All That Remains)

Barrier (5)
1x Changeling (Up and Over)
3x Hive (Double Time)
1x Meru Mati (Breaker Bay)

Code Gate (3)
1x Checkpoint (Order and Chaos)
2x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (4)
2x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
1x Cobra (Salsette Island)
1x Hunter (Core Set)

Multi (1)
1x Orion (Order and Chaos)
15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Random thoughts:
Foxfire was a bit of a meta call, and while it never actually got used, I’m not sure if it was a bad idea. There’s enough Turning Wheels out there to probably justify the slot.

Checkpoint did a surprising amount of work. Definitely caught some people off-guard, especially early-game, and dissuaded some runs that might otherwise get through to R&D.

A second SEA probably would’ve been nice, although I was thinking that Consulting Visits could really act as one.

Games that go long and are heavy on milling without many actual runs are probably the worst. Had a Val/ReBNoise game that went forever, and had very few runs going since they were focusing on just recurring viruses all the time to keep milling via Noise’s ability, and then eventually Blackmailing into Archives. The Boot Camp might’ve helped in that match, but it got milled. Really kind of wish I had some BP removal.

6 Likes

Good work!

More like the ICE package in Weyland needed Blue Sun for it to see use!

1 Like

This deck is sweet.

1 Like

Foxfire gets the Timmy vote :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I am officially not pleased with Zealous Judge or Hard Hitting News. Going to focus on PriSec only.

Re Zealous Judge, I keep thinking - he’s not done anything yet but in theory he should give the odd cheeky win. Probably needs cut.

I was trying a kill build with Judge and HHN, and it just doesn’t work if the runner has any econ going. The only way it works is if you can get a scorch kill with one tag the very next turn, which isn’t consistent enough. If they wipe the four tags you give them, you’ll have to spend a click using Judge, which turns off Consulting Visit, kinda sucks overall.

Not to mention that Judge is cheap to trash, and on top of it, I at least have one Bad Pub from Hostile Takeover before being able to rez it, so it ends up just costing a click for the runner.

I like HHN since it doesn’t get turned off from some lucky early runs like Midseasons, but giving the runner the chance to remove the tags is far more impactful on Weyland that it is on something like Sync or NBN in general with more in-house tagging options.

2 Likes

I found that it works nicely if you stick it behind an archer.

Has anyone tried Judge with DRT? It’s not a dedicated kill package, but it’s still consistent card pressure.

I have, and the problem is playing both Judge, DRT, and still have enough money in the deck to tag the runner while still having enough ICE to keep them out for a bit. It’s possible, but you usually have to sacrifice something.

[quote=“Ulkrond, post:129, topic:7586, full:true”]More like the ICE package in Weyland needed Blue Sun for it to see use!
[/quote]
Sadly, I think this is true. In fact, I think the main reason why Blue Sun is above other Weyland identities is that it allows you to play more, better ICE. It gives you Curtain Wall, Datapike, Hive…that’s a lot of cool stuff!

Breaker Bay + Root = Bounce Breaker Bay + Root away

Third and Final Modification

Destroyer of Worlds

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations

Agenda (9)
1x Hades Fragment
3x Hostile Takeover
3x Oaktown Renovation
2x The Cleaners

Asset (9)
2x Dedicated Response Team
2x Jackson Howard ●●
2x Snare! ●●●●
3x Zealous Judge

Upgrade (3)
3x Prisec

Operation (13)
2x Consulting Visit
1x Exchange of Information ●●
2x Hard-Hitting News ●●●●
3x Hedge Fund
2x Restructure
3x Scorched Earth

Barrier (5)
1x Asteroid Belt
1x Changeling
3x Ice Wall

Code Gate (3)
2x Enigma
1x Wormhole

Sentry (1)
1x Nebula

Multi (1)
1x Orion

12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

The Matrix Analyzer is probably just better as a Builder, if you really want to go this route. The poor ID has little enough influence as it is, and while Analyzer can advance anything, not just cards in one specific server, I don’t know if it’s worth a full quarter of it’s influence to include 2 not-quite-mediocre cards when you can get a similar effect in house.

Also, you probably actually want to include money in your deck =P I don’t think 5 cards total is gonna do it when your primary win condition relies on 1-2 Punitive traces.

I feel like the best Weyland kill package post-Escalation involves Boom and an Archived Memories. Play one Midseasons with 2 Visits. This leaves 9 influence to spare in standard IDs. BLC may be reasonable in BABW