Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

Here’s where I’m at. This will be untested until tomorrow or Monday but I’ve already sleeved and unsleeved several different iterations.

It sort of combines the worst aspects of Titan with some of the plausible ones of Argus (which I dearly love). My plan, I think, will be to rush Hostiles and Oaktowns as usual while simultaneously Kaguya-ing my ice (I guess?), then eventually Trick of Light the counters onto agendas. I am generally holding on to a couple of big clunky pieces of space ice because I’m hoping Kaguya and Satellite grid will come through.

Overall I’m actually starting to wonder if 3 x Scorch and 1 x SEA Source might be a waste of slots. I can’t see this deck a) having enough money to win a trace or b) ever sticking a tag, even with a surprise Prisec.

Agenda density here seems way too high for the deck’s ability to defend itself. I think the guy who went for low density actually might be on to something. I built a 49-card version of this deck which seemed somehow more… plausible.

Builder of Nations

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations (Blood Money)

Agenda (10)

Asset (2)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (16)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (3)

Multi (1)

• 1x Orion (Order and Chaos)

12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

I hear you about the SEA Scorch feeling like a waste of time sometimes, but I can’t see the ID power even doing anything helpful without the looming threat of death. Deck slots are super tight in a 44 card deck, so using 4 of them on cards that might not be useful doesn’t feel great, but I still kinda feel like making the runner respect them is worth the inclusion so far.

1 Like

I think two Prisecs on a single server would be a cheaper way of leaving the third-click runner a tag. Maybe ditching the SEA Source and relying on Prisec and my ice to land the odd tag would be enough…

I actually really like this build. ToL seems like a good way to make your investment back on advancing ICE. The only things I would change is getting rid of the Satellite Grids (Shipment should be plenty) and swapping Checkpoint for something else (2 BP kills that ice, you don’t have money to boost trace, best case it’s just an ETR and worst case the runner has Link which is everywhere right now).

I would rather have too much money than not enough so I’d put in some econ instead of SG. Otherwise I really like this. It would be much better with Mausolus, but then so will nearly every Weyland deck.

I’m gonna sleeve this up later and let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Abort mission. I tried this and it was terrible.

1 Like

I just played a couple games with the new ToL list and I won both. I thought it worked really well actually. ToL was the key piece that won me one game, and the other it put pressure on the runner enough to make a stupid mistake and die. Both games were against Artist CT, so I’ll post an update later tonight after some more varied matchups. Here is the list I used just now (stupid name, I know…):

Arby’s Magic Show

Agenda (10)

Asset (2)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (17)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (5)

44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

So far I really like ToL. The only thing that sucks is you cant Archived > ToL > Score Atlas in one turn, so playing Archived telegraphs your play and invites Legwork (which kinda sucks without snares). Also, I’m not sure whether or not to have 2x Restructure or 2x Shipment from Kaguya. I played with Restructers just now, I’ll try Shipment tonight.

On a unrelated note, I’m kind of excited for the new character out of Intervention, if just because it looks like the lady from the alt-art Private Security Force. Granted, we probably won’t know what she does for a few months… but more Argus representation hype!

2 Likes

Something about when encountering ice? Yeah you can’t see much but she definitely looks like someone in Prisec gear.

Fingers crossed she is the card that makes advanceable ice playable/better.

1 Like

Whoever she is, she’s a Character, so can be tutored with Executive Search Firm, so hopefully she does something worthwhile. It’d be nice for that card to be more than a Mills finder.

Use PAD Factory to advance all your normal decent non-space ice. Use PAD Factory to advance your Snares. Use PAD Factory to advance your Reversed Accounts. Use PAD Factory to advance a Prisec. Use PAD Factory to advance a PAD Campaign.

Once you’ve whittled your opponent down, the 1 meat damage per turn will start to become more and more meaningful. You can slowly eat through the Plascrete while building the kill pieces.

I love Oaktown, but face-up cards is a nonbo. Maybe something else.

Your PAD or Mine?

Agenda (10)

Asset (13)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (11)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

I don’t know how you’re protecting the Factory as well as centrals and a scoring server with just 13 ICE, especially when 3 of them are Archer and a Swarm =( Lemme know if it works out somehow, though, it looks like a kick when it actually happens.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about ice, admittedly Enigma’s a good card and that’s all I know. Care to help?

In practice the low ice density actually worked fine as a kind of microspam… The deck is confusing to play against and any unrezzed asset could be a Snare or Prisec. I just kind of spammed out PAD stuff, Jacksons, and whatever was on hand. Seemed fine.

Eh, the ICE seems fine – Checkpoint is usually kinda sketch in a deck with Bad Pub, but it’s worth checking out sometimes, and you don’t have that much BP. I’m just not sure why anyone is letting you have your Factories and not just trashing them on sight if you can’t protect them too, and it seems like with the low ICE count, you probably can’t.

And players who whittle through a Plascrete are terrible =P Meat damage to the hand regenerates. Meat damage to the Plascrete is forever gone.

After a bit of testing.

Destroyer of Worlds

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations

Agenda (9)
1x Chronos Project
1x Hades Fragment
2x Hostile Takeover
3x Oaktown Renovation
2x The Cleaners

Asset (10)
2x Jackson Howard ●●
2x Melange Mining Corp.
2x Snare! ●●●●
2x Space Camp
2x Zealous Judge

Upgrade (3)
3x Prisec

Operation (11)
2x Consulting Visit
1x Exchange of Information ●●
2x Hard-Hitting News ●●●●
3x Hedge Fund
3x Scorched Earth

Barrier (5)
1x Asteroid Belt
1x Changeling
3x Ice Wall

Code Gate (3)
2x Quandary
1x Wormhole

Sentry (2)
1x Nebula
1x Shadow

Multi (1)
1x Orion

44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

2 Likes

Space camp is pretty solid as an access punish, seems like the ice would take a bit too long to get up to speed without costing too much, and thus more punished by ice destruction. I’ll def take it out for a spin though, hard to assess a new ID by just the pile of cards.

EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION. thats a great way to get a cleaners scored.

@Ulkrond Sometimes dreams come true, I drew the scorch on the next turn. GG

5 Likes

I don’t think your ICE suite looked that bad. I’d go

• -1 Checkpoint
  • +1 Quandary
  • -1 Swarm
  • +1 Cobra

or thereabouts. Cheap gear checks are good.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that BoN might be a good answer to all the high link runners out there. With three snares and a small deck size and lots of multi-access, every win I get is a kill from a snare.

I figured I’d try to find ways to tag the runner that didn’t involve tracing.

BoN v.1

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations

Agenda (9)
1x High-Risk Investment
3x Hostile Takeover
3x Project Atlas
2x The Cleaners

Asset (8)
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
1x Project Junebug ●
1x Shattered Remains
3x Snare! ●●●●● ●

Upgrade (3)
3x Prisec

Operation (13)
1x Casting Call ●●
3x Hedge Fund
2x Housekeeping
3x Scorched Earth
2x Shipment from Kaguya
2x Subliminal Messaging

Barrier (4)
1x Bailiff
3x Ice Wall

Code Gate (3)
2x Quandary
1x Wormhole

Sentry (4)
1x Nebula
3x Shadow

44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

BoN is also pretty great against Faust. That’s an extra card each time they run.

The trick is staying above 6 credits to fire off a Prisec and Snare on the same run.

1 Like

Wow, just scored a Cleaners. That takes it to the next level.