Flashpoint Cycle!

Last I heard, they print the whole cycle at once and store the later packs in their own State-side warehouse until release. That’s why past delays have always been between cycles are big boxes. Not sure why this one is taking longer to release.

1 Like

International distribution issues? They seem much more rigourous on uniform releases across the world now.

2 Likes

[quote=“Myriad, post:1265, topic:7403, full:true”]
This cycle is about twists and turns. I fully anticipate something will drop corp side that will hit stealth.[/quote]
This cycle is about preparing the loss of Spin and Genesis cards after rotation.
We need another source of stealth credits when Lockpick, Silencer and Dyson Fractal Generator are no longer available.

1 Like

Eh, only partially. We’ll still have an entire new cycle before Spin and Genesis drop out. This cycle only partially deals with that. It really does seem to have a lot of back and forth between corp and runner.

2 Likes

A lot of people think FFG’s products are all stuck on Hanjin boats, since that’s a huge shipping company that went bankrupt and docks are not accepting their stuff. Game of Thrones also hasn’t had any new cards since Gencon.

2 Likes

Maybe translated products are stuck, too ?
A team of french vcasters filmed critics about DP#3 last weekend but due to NDA I guess they won’t spoils cards until someone, or maybe FFG, fully spoils DP#3.

I wonder why they did not spoil DP#3 anyway. Last spoiler were mid summer, and spoiler problems prior to O&C seems to be under control now.

So it’s not a problem of no-control. It’s a problem of [striked]full-control[/striked] marketting : they have a problem (again) and think it’s not the time to advertise their product yet.

My guess is they are trying to time a release for worlds, rather than having a release in limbo before worlds. It has to have been released for what, two weeks?

I am among those that believe that FFG prints and ships the entire cycle as a single unit. They have been pretty clear that they test the entire cycle once, and I don’t think it is an unreasonable leap to believe that they finalize the card design and send them to the printer as the full cycle to better leverage economies of scale in production.

Similarly, netrunner packs are pretty small, and the customer base is also fairly modest, If they literally shipped each pack alone by sea, they would struggle to fill a single (20’ or 40’) container with product. The cost of shipping is based on the container regardless of weight (for most cases, there are exceptions that don’t apply here). They could combine AGoT/Netrunner/other LCGs, but that would be an impressive feat of business coordination and agility that I have not seen from this side of their operations.

So I believe that the entire cycle has been in the US in a warehouse (warehousing in China does not offer any savings if you do not have other operations there and could expose additional tax liability). I don’t know how many cards are printed in each language, or what FFGs global footprint is for distribution model looks like, but I suspect that the cards are in FFGs hands, and we are waiting for them to time the release, possibly related to worlds, but possibly also related to when the next cycle will be available.

1 Like

If this is something they are doing intentionally, it’s INCREDIBLY dumb, as it’s been causing both the Netrunner and Game of Thrones communities to die off in my area at least (which happens to be the second largest city in America). Netrunner had just been starting to recover from the unpopular Mumbad cycle and now all that momentum has been ground to a halt. Game of Thrones has not one but two releases we’re waiting on (a chapter pack and a big box), and releasing one of them in September makes infinitely more sense than having two months with no cards and then dropping two major releases. Game of Thrones also already had a month with no cards just two months ago.

FFG can be pretty dumb, but it’s hard to believe they would do something this disastrous intentionally.

3 Likes

I don’t think he’s necessarily saying it’s intentional, but rather that the china-FFG link isn’t the point of failure. I honestly don’t know enough about it though to weigh in on it.

But I do think that, almost certainly, you’re right, and FFG is not intentionally delaying their product without cause. Doesn’t seem to be any benefit whatsoever in that for them.

1 Like

@ironcache is indeed correct, I am not saying the FFG is delaying the shipments intentionally, but I do not believe it is the link between China and the US that is the issue. I could guess, but really I am mostly familiar with producing/shipping from China/Asia to the US and a bit of economics of warehousing on either side.

Asmodee could well be reorging the distribution system (they will eventually) or any number of internal factors completely unrelated to ships on the ocean could be affecting these releases.

2 Likes

I know right? Publishing release dates is not that hard a problem to solve. Companies who refuse to even take a stab at it seem to be suffering from some underlying issue…

New preview for datapack 6 - Quorum

Holy crap Encore. Apocolypse decks just got a whole lot scarier.

4 Likes

Fun fact!

NasX is total power creep. Would you rather have PAD campaign or a card exactly the same but better?

Also, Encore+Apocolyps=Akshara Sareen :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

In what way? It doesn’t seem that powerful to me. You have to protect it for at least one turn for it to be better than clicking for credits:

Turn 1
Install &rez (-2), Add 2 counters (-2), Add 2 counters (-2)

Turn 2
Add 2 counters (-2), Add 2 counters (-2), Cash out (+16)

Net gain +6 assuming you have 5 other money-making cards in hand. It does get better with instant speed abilities (what doesn’t) like Advanced Assembly Lines, but I still don’t see how it’s worth a deck slot. Still, hot takes are usually wrong, so I want to hear how you’d use the card.

Wow nevermind, I somehow missed the 1c at start of turn bit. Oops, that’s a lot better than I thought. I guess the thinking is it’s unique so not a strict upgrade?

1 Like

Its completely better than PAD campaign. What’s not to like?

2 Likes

I feel NASX should have an influence dot. I also want to know how others think it works? If I play a restructure and spend 2 credits, do I still get the 15 in addition to putting that many counters on NASX which I can then trash for 30?

Also what does it stand for?

Edit: New Angeles Stock Exchange!

NASX is unique, so its not completely better than PAD Campaign. You’ll switch out one copy of PAD for NASX if you run PAD. I’m ok with that.

It stands for New Angeles Stock Exchange, would be my guess.

4 Likes

It’s probably like Nasa extreme or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You can pay up to 2 to place that many power counters on it (i.e. up to 2).

I’m guessing it’s New Angeles Stock eXchange.