Flashpoint Cycle!

Yes… Sorry?

1 Like

I thought he explicitly denied those were Sunny’s kids in a Winning Agenda interview.

Latest spoilers available.

https://imgur.com/a/XAaZ2#vcyo3Io

6 Likes

This is a very interesting datapack!

Paperclip is really never worse than Corrorder against Barriers being played right now, and even saves us a dollar against Eli. Will it be worth the additional upfront cost?

PSK current blanks many relevant cards. This actually seems really nuts. Drop it before you run scoring remote against Palana. What the hell are they gonna do?! Potentially punishes rough Corp starts that they thought they could fix with Jackson. Could start forcing Jackson pops on the Corp’s first turn.

What’s up with Anarchs having so many more currents than Shaper and Criminal? Don’t those factions still only have their original 1 Current?

Damon seems interested in diversifying Criminal and Shaper economy options, which is welcome.

Is it true that Khan has no support in this pack? Very strange.

Weyland cards are pretty poor, IMO.

edit: Apparently there is a Criminal card called ‘Golden’ but I can’t see it.

Google on “aiki” reveals this:

Aiki is a Japanese martial arts principle or tactic in which the defender blends (without clashing) with the attacker, then goes on to dominate the assailant through the strength of their application of internal dynamics or Ki energy to affect techniques. Blending with an attacker’s movements allows the Aiki practitioner to control the actions of the attacker with minimal effort. One applies aiki by understanding the rhythm and intent of the attacker to find the optimal position and timing to apply a counter-technique.

In Japanese Aiki is formed from two kanji:

合 - ai - joining
氣 - ki - spirit

1 Like

bluebird503 on slack managed to grab the image:

5 Likes

Hm. Seems incredibly expensive to break any and all sentries with. The most value would be, what, a 5str Sentry with 2 subs… Assassin? You still paid 4 to break, which is a lot, although I guess Crim doesn’t have access to D4.

The thinking behind this card to me seems to be thus: You keep Golden in your hand. The Corp knows you have Golden in hand, and assuming you have enough money to install Golden and break all subs on a sentry, the Corp now has to decide whether it’s worth rezzing the sentry at all. Interesting concept, but the numbers on the card seem a bit prohibitive.

For me, this pack seems underwhelming for Criminal and Weyland, but interesting otherwise.

4 Likes

Seems weird that there are two Fracters in the pack. Paperclip looks awesome. Nfr… Is maybe a Null card? It gives his ability lasting value, and increases the value of Injection Attack, which I think is super good in Null anyway.

Rumor Mill is a good Anarch counter to Caprice, Ash, and Sandburg. There are other edge cases I can’t remember. Overall good card, though.

Contract looks like it will revive Run based econ. Very nice. Can’t wait to try it.

Special Report seems like an OK replacement for Jackson in NBN post rotation. It is Corporate Shuffle with more flexibility and a slightly higher cost. Let’s be clear, it isn’t as good as Jack, but it isn’t terrible.

The rest isn’t lighting my world on fire.

2 Likes

Double post, but I do want to point out something I didn’t realize until Dave Hoyland said something about it on Run Last Click:

Temujin Contract is NOT a replacement effect, and it can target a Central Server. So, it can stack with Security Testing, multi-access, and things like Account Siphon.

So, yeah, just a little PSA for y’all!

I’m liking this cycle - the cards are interesting mechanically and thematically, and the art is great.

I find it humorous that not only do all three Weyland cards seem subpar, but they also released two nice, new, interesting fracters. At least Golden is one off getting Archer for 8. /salt

Hopefully, I’ll be wrong after a bucket of solid advanceable ICE are released. I’m thinking that won’t be enough.

Also, Prisec. I like.

1 Like

I’m guessing they are setting up support for a big rig criminal deck. Golden compares reasonably well to Shrike, the new contracts helps with the econ.

2 Likes

Prisec looks like it’ll be fun in a Weyland deck. I assume they won’t ever really trash it, because it’s trash3… so once it’s served it’s purpose as a trap you can safely slap a Expo Grid in there and have a PAD Campaign that they probably won’t ever trash. Saves on influence.

Why wouldn’t they trash it?

4 Likes

That edge case you forgot is called “Jackson Howard”.

9 Likes

Oh brutal, I didn’t even think of that. Between this and Political Operative / Councilman, it is just going to be hell w/it rez/fire move on.

Because I totally misread the card and thought it was a asset, when it’s actually a upgrade.

1 Like

Because it’s still 2c to remove a tag :slight_smile:

The more I think about it, the more absurdly strong I’m thinking Rumor Mill is going to be. This really, really hurts glacier. It is pretty much an auto-3-of in any Anarch deck, right?

Back to baiting out runs, except now you have to follow it up with a current-clearer. And then await its recursion. Gross.

2 Likes

I’m in love with Eiko Nisei.

Paperclip is part of a cycle. We got a bit of a similar card spoiled in the Escalation fan:

Black Orch…
Program…
$3, 1 MU
Whenever…
may install…
heap (pay…
$3: +2 strength…
subroutine…

So the questions are: Sentry or code gate? Will there be a third? And what could possibly make up for $3 for just 2 strength?

Looking at the line length, I think it must be a sentry breaker. My guess is 1 or 2 base strength, and it breaks at least two subroutines, maybe more. If it had 3 base strength it would be breaking Assassin for $3, and that seems way too good. Unless it only breaks 1 sub at a time, but that seems completely unplayable.

2 Likes

Prisec seems really strong in CTM, actually.