Flashpoint Cycle!

I wonder if it is going to be an influence. They just had to cover that one pip in the picture, didn’t they?

At least the art is cool. Narrative-wise, I understand it about as much as Jackson though. Area secure, we shot the hell out of these people, now please move our old and failed ideas back into the queue.

2 Likes

Blockade Runner, whyyyy? Shapers are getting all this bonkers stealth stuff, and so far Criminals have gotten Temujin Contract, and more great Anarch breakers. :expressionless:

1 Like

Not sure about using Switchblade in this, dagger is fine and Dai V will get you through the Tour guides and the like without using inf. So prepaid stealth? Or Siphon Stealth? Running mostly stealth would allow you to go tagme…

I cannot imagine that anyone would cost that effect at 1 neutral influence. If that Operation costs an influence, I can’t see anybody playing it over other agenda flood mitigation tools like Disposable HQ or Special Report, or recursion tools like Museum of History.

1 Like

RIP CI7 :sob: :sob: :sob:

4 Likes

As opposed to losing Power Shutdown, Accelerated Diagnostics, Interns, Subliminal Messaging, and Shipment from SanSan, having to replace Jackson with Preemptive is pretty low on the list of problems CI7 will have after rotation.

13 Likes

Really, with how good Smoke is, it’s just baffling that Khan is so incredibly bad.

19 Likes

Mr. Li is 3 to install, and you have to add one of the cards you just drew to the bottom of your deck.

Blockade gives a lot more flexibility at a cheaper cost. You can filter you draws, remove an unwanted card from your grip and shuffle it back in as opposed to putting it out of reach. Seems alright when compared to other Criminal draw options. (Fisk, Rolodex, Express Delivery). It’s better than clicking to draw anyway.

Smoke is nuts. And also has jokes. (“Nothing up my sleeve…” ha I get it)

Really curious if that Weyland card is support for Builder of Nations. It has something to do with encountering ICE. I really hope it is anyway, because Liquidation and CI Fund are terrible. I really want to see more parenthetical ICE.

5 Likes

I guess the problem I’m having with Blockade Runner is that the release of Temujin Contract, which I think is a spectacular card and a must in most Criminal decks, is really pushing me to play Career Fair. Which, in turn, makes me hunt for 3+ cost resources. I can’t see myself replacing Earthrise or Mr. Li w/ it. Also, that two clicks… ugh. I think it’ll be a tempo killing turn eater.

4 Likes

How does Citadel Sanctuary interact with Joshua B? Which resolves first? Is it possible this is amazing in Sunny?

You get to choose the order they resolve, since you control both of them. So yes, it works the way that you want it to.

I’m not sure ordered resolution applies; the wording is weird.

i’m literally freaking out right now

my girl scovak finally on a card, and she’s like the best i’ve seen in a long time

i will go back to shaper, and i’m sorry for ever leaving you.

and Blackstone? YES

Preemptive Action totally has a one influence cost. the dumbed down replacement for Jackson, but i think that it will likely see play even before rotation with things like Political Operative, Councilman, and Rumor Mill

also, i like how Architects of Tomorrow encourages more expensive Bioroid ICE to get the most out of the discount. most of the Bioroid stuff now still does better with the cheaper stuff (imo)

and Whetwork Refit seems like the first ICE-hosted operation i’d actually play, and works well with AoT, since you’ll likely have a lot of rezzed targets to choose from

6 Likes

Plus Brain-taping Warehouse could absolutely be used in AoT, but you don’t cry salty tears when the runner breaks your Surat combo…

2 Likes

40/15 Smoke! 45/12 HB! These identities are mine - :relieved:

I really like AoT’s ability. You can put a fairchild 1.0 in front of a fairchild 2.0, and rez them for a total of 1 credit. So many cheap bioroids. It even competes with Whizzard in terms of pure economy.

3 Likes

I’ve seen others post this, but Blackstone with Paintbrush and Smoke could make 2-ICE servers fairly trivial to address (eh… still too jank). Blackstone on its own also fixes the whole “stacked barriers on R&D” problem that Stealth decks have to deal with, given their generally more limited “real” economy. An Eli costs Blackstone the same real credits as Corroder, and it comes out ahead on all stacked barriers. I’m a fan! Might go back and try Stealth again, after giving up on my Stealth/PPVP Kate deck. 40/15 is also stupid compelling (I miss playing CT for dat decksize).

1 Like

Yeah. Im pretty sure by the time Josh puts a tag on, CS has already missed its chance to see it.

1 Like

I’m fairly certain it doesn’t work. Check the rules thread on stimhack, I posted a related question (where a “your turn ends/begins” ability is only active under a condition that isn’t met when you want to trigger it).

Try her, she’s not that bad. She’s not this good, though. Before playing her, I couldn’t understand how antisynergetic she is with Golden, it’s a great shame.

Now I think she’s only good to syphon spam, which somehow works.

Khan, Golden & Temujin are rezzed on j.net.

Oh, another thing about Blackstone: I think it makes for a very compelling reason to include Net-Ready Eyes in your Stealth deck. NRE puts it right up to 4 strength, meaning Eli is now a simple 2 credits (SO CHEAP), and it allows you to save Stealth credits when using Refracter and Dagger to break things like Magnet, Viktor 1.0, Archangel, Crick, Komainu, Cobra, Errand Boy, Gutenburg, Archer, and Sherlock 2.0.

3 Likes