Flashpoint Cycle!

Can someone tell Damon Shaper don’t need breakers anymore.
Can someone ask Damon about Orange & Blue stupid recursive pb against #2 played sub aka trash prog, tutoring and breakers pb.
Enough Green allready. They’ve got everything.

Crim & Anarch plays with last year breaker whereas Shaper change their stuff each 2 month or so !

3 Likes

Well they are at least getting Houdini, and with the way things are going its the stealth replacement for refactor.

And this is so stupid. I’m maintaining a breaker list and things are changing from a ridiculous situation to a shameful situation each dp after each dp.
Game design 101, equilibrium vs basic goals but whatever.
30 years I’m making amateur games god damn it…

2 Likes

Personally, I really like that we are getting so many new breaker options this cycle. I love seeing weird suites, and hopefully it will also encourage more ice diversity as corps have to adapt.

9 Likes

I haven’t really seen anything coming out that completely breaks anything on its own. A lot of this stuff is conditional or combo-heavy. The best breaker I can think of right now is Paperclip, even, so it’s not like Shaper is even getting the best-of-the-best.

1 Like

It’s not best-of-the-best, the problem is flexibility and B&B.

The consequence is inf. You have more inf in shaper, less in crim and a ridiculous amount in anarch if you want B&B.

It’s 100% stupid, it should be the opposite. Best B&B faction should have the least inf !

CI7 was already dead at the rotation. Both AD and PS are lost in the first rotation. They would basically have to reprint a bunch of cards for it to even be a possibility. Jackson is the easiest to replace of the main three: you can use a lot mental energy, DBS, and Precognition to stack the bottom of R&D for your PS → AD combo.

EDIT: Missed that @zagzagal basically said the same thing. At least my DBS/Precog combo added value!

2 Likes

I wonder if she’ll be the first Shaper @mediohxcore will play competitively… #SleeveJoke

8 Likes

I was trying to think of a Dan joke, but couldn’t come up with anything. Bravo.

1 Like

Smoke looks incredible! And the new Haas looks playable.

Blackstone seems really good. Like, really good (at least by shaper fracter standards)

2 Likes

She doesn’t really bring anything to the table that helps her with that, though–as a Siphon Spam ID she’s basically just a 40/12 ID with no ability. When you could be running say, Silhouette and get +3 influence and also some free exposes. If Khan lowered the cost by more, or if she let you install non-Icebreaker programs (hello, Cache!), I could see her being worth building around, but as is there’s just no benefit.

1 Like

This is what I’m running now for Temujin / Paperclip Andy. Crim finally has enough good resources to use Career Fair! It’s especially good on the opening hand with Andy, because it lessens the chance you have to discard any of the initial 9 cards. Note: I’ve only played a handful of games with this, so the number of each draw / econ cards to include hasn’t been fine tuned:

Andromeda Rebirth - Temujin / Paperclip

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (17)

Hardware (6)

Resource (14)

Icebreaker (7)

Program (1)

12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

3 Likes

Brahman with Passport/Zu/Inti? Brahman kicks in when the encounter ends, and Khan fires when you pass the ice. Does that timing work?
EDIT: Forgot about Brahman going to top of stack. Not very useful then. I mean, you could rotate a couple copies if you don’t mind the click(s) to draw, but that still seems a bit inefficient.

Brahman goes to the top of the heap, not into grip.

Edit: I know it’s probably a bad idea, but I’m thinking of a Smoke deck that uses Cyberfeeders to never have to pay money during a run.

What do you do with all money you got in Silhouette ?
In Khan you can attempt Golden.

Get more accesses? Just about any other expensive gimmick you care to pick up? Golden’s ability is almost as much of a resource drain on Khan as it is on the corp. I just don’t see picking Khan for the ability to maybe bounce a sentry once or twice a game as particularly worthwhile.

2 Likes

I think the place for Golden might be in a London Library deck alongside Ankusa and Yog to basically make all ICE a losing proposition. Add LLDS, Overmind and Femme for maximum jank.

3 Likes

Smoke seems obscenely powerful. I am glad we are receiving a good CT replacement. Personally I always found CT a great home for Stealth, but Smoke is even better, despite the influence hit. With Mirror available as a strong Stealth console and 2 MU, I think Smoke will be the go-to glacier crusher.

I am excited to play 40 card Stealth Shaper. It’s the only green deck I’ve ever played, and now I get to abuse Switchblade even more. I am not sold on Blackstone. I have been playing NRE in my Stealth for a long time and even with the reduced influence I think BlacKat/Inti/NRE makes more sense. Breaking multi-subs on Barriers for cheap is more relevant than pumping efficiently.

I never feel the need for tricks in my Stealth. I’ll probably import my CT shell of triple Peddler and 1 BlacKat and find a pragmatic use for the remaining 6. Stealth decks should focus on setting up and establishing a lock on every server. Smoke can likely run any server twice a turn, even in the late-game.

6 Likes

What influence hit?

9 Likes

Also just want to point out that the new HB identity looks 90s as balls. Love it.

4 Likes