Flashpoint Cycle!

PIOT probably costs influence. These days, corp money is worth about the same as runner money. So this is three extra Sure Gambles with a couple of minor drawbacks and a lower threshold cost.

If it doesn’t cost influence, big rigs are gonna love it. Might even start playing Monolith again (I already am, but other people might).

I have to agree.

It should also be noted there aren’t too many competitive Corp decks right now that can turn a huge credit advantage into anything worth worrying about (because the Runner likely has answers).

Aryabhata Tech + NASX anyone?

Escalation’s been updated to Shipping Now on the website.

So I’m guessing it’s coming out next week?

2 Likes

October 6th

6 Likes

Spoilers within the next week though probably.

4 Likes

About Encore: anyone else notice it’s a way to make runs and not get hit by Midseasons, SEA, HHN, Neural or Punitive? A bit niche, perhaps, but if you’re doing Maker’s + Legwork, it might be easier to run Archives and play Encore than it is to beat the Corp in the econ battle (depending on your deck and the corp’s…but stealth comes to mind!). Also helps vs Haarp, since you can steal more agendas.

• Did not notice!
  • I did notice!

0 voters

(Subliminal works against you, though!)

2 Likes

Bryan Stinson is one of the craziest Weyland cards in a long time. I was using him in a BABW Glacier, and holy hell is he good.

Turn 1: Hedge, Restructure, Wall of Static HQ
Runner Turn 1: Gamble, Casts, Proco, Proco 1
Me Turn 2: Stinson, Restructure, Clone Restructure
Runner Turn 3: Install Stuff,
Me Turn 4: Lateral Growth, Stinson Growth, Stinson Hedge Fund

65 Credits in 4 turns.

And then I dropped a Sandburg.

4 Likes

The idea that the runner will obligingly stay below 6c once you rez Stinson seems hella dubious.

2 Likes

Yeah, my opponent seemed to be really struggling to get her econ up and running, and Bryan is a new card, so I guess the techs against it aren’t wide open yet? I dunno.

Likely, they felt they were totally screwed and just wanted to get a rig up and find plascrete I think. Either way http://www.killerinstinctonline.net/sound/announcer/attract/Winner.wav

And here’s the rest of Escalation:
http://imgur.com/a/V9hO3

6 Likes

So is Houdini ever better than Refractor? Or is sit just a toned down version for when it rotates?

1 Like

There’s probably a couple ICE that it’s better against, but I’ll be damned if I want to actually figure them out. Refractor seems better at almost all, at a snap judgement.

Yep, unless we go into a heavy code gate meta I think refractor is strictly speaking better.

A lot of these cards seem very strong to me. Sad to see Adam’s card is only kind of a side upgrade and lets you customize your abilities based on the matchup.

But seriously, those HB cards and that NBN current. Goddamn controlling the message.

1 Like

Against things like Archangel and DNA Tracker it boosts to 6 while still only requiring 1 stealth credit (plus one real credit), while Refractors boost needs multiple stealth credits to boost. Keeping it’s strength the whole run is occasionally a nice benefit as we’ve learned from Gordian Blade. It doesn’t come up a lot, but that’s also because I know lots of corps won’t stack Code Gates against Gordian decks so they get spread out.

These are not things that will come up all the time, but it’s not a bad card at all. Talking about taxing stealth credits means less with Net Mercur being so busto though, of course.

1 Like

Exactly. I think you could get away with two stealth “hungry” cards and just sub in the rest with these efficient stealth “light” cards.

Or maybe the secret sauce is going to be x1 stealth hungry and x2 stealth lite. Depends on what sees play.

We’ve known about the card for a while, but seeing it in play a few times it’s incredible what work Scarcity of Resources does against most runner decks. Makes Daily Casts terrible, Security Testing actually becomes a tempo hit, Temujin Contracts costs probably what it could have in the first place…

What decks would slot it in you think? Econ denial? I would say glacier to help slow the runner down but glacier seems pretty dead right now.

Some sort of Weyland money-fight deck? Keep 'em poor so a certain someone can abuse it to recycle your transactions and make super-dosh, and eventually be able to actually land your SEA’s and scorch their faces off.

Also, just a random Houdini thought, but once you know the layout of a server and things are rezzed, maybe it’s finally time for Paintbrush to roll in and slap code gate on everything so you can abuse the giant strength?