Flashpoint Cycle!

I didn’t invision being able to switch them out of your deck, but rather having to have all four as one-ofs in the deck in addition to the starting directives.

Yeah that’s what I’m saying. Start of game you are sitting across from PE or PU, so you swap in FtT for ABR or NAT.

Alexa is interesting, she makes you not have to deal with your agenda flood until after the runner actually plays their legwork. But the runner might decide to pay the creds to make you keep your hand.

Hellion beta seems easy to set up the condition for, just play a political asset. But what does HB really want to trash that’s not a program? Or who can afford the influence cost to import this card? Maybe consulting visit weyland.

Trashing consoles is cool… Trace 2 seems pricey though.

I think it has a wonderful home in trash-tax decks. CtM will enjoy it I bet… kills many generally useful things and also Salsette Slums. The influence cost is rough though.

Scrubber, Kati, SecTest, Desperado, Net Mercur… Technically Security Nexus, but good luck beating that Link.

Political Operative… not likely but would be really nice.

…Technical Writers, Personal Workshop, PolOP, Temujin, Wyldside, DDoS…

1 Like

Once more, with feeling:

Temujin Contract

6 Likes

Definitely. I mean, one of the best tricks against Siphon/Apocalypse MaxX was always Turing on HQ. Yog costs influence you’d rather spend elsewhere, and still might end up in the trash requiring another card to go get it. Black Orchestra deals with the issue.

1 Like

I forgot that all the Weyland cards were spoiled months ago. [Obligatory WeylandLife complaints.]

This has been mentioned before, but whatever. Since Stinson was spoiled, I’ve been wondering if there is a BABW deck hidden under this garbage that might make Door to Door, if not “good”, at least not incoherent from… uh, bullshit card game lingo bingo… a design perspective.

There aren’t that many cards that repeatedly ping traces, and with Stinson there is now the “just get them under 6” game, so inefficiently draining credits from the runner may make a lot more sense now.

Maybe 3 CVs, 2 Scarcity of Resources (get this out first), 2-3 Financial Collapse, 2 DtD, then a BABW transaction / murder shell w/ Stinson (HHNs most likely).

I dunno. I just think the art and unique effect / narrative on DtD is too cool to just binder because it isn’t, you know, good.

Edit: for coherence.

2 Likes

I think you mean BABW with Stinson, BWBI is that trashy advanceable ICE ID. Also Door to Door isn’t that bad, it’s kind of like a harder-to-trash City Surveillance. Sure, with link it sucks but it still turns on News Hound and trashes Rumor Mill or whatever else nonsense the runner has going on.

3 Likes

Yeah, got my Weyland alphabet soup acronyms mixed up. I meant core Weyland.

Edit : To actually respond in a substantive way, I think that DtD is just really expensive, tough given the current meta (link, efficient tag dumping, runner currents), and needs a low agenda density to be close to worthwhile (not Argus). So the number of decks I see folks slotting this in are few and far between.

You might be able to do something fun with DtD and Aryabhata Tech. That’s the best I’ve come up with so far. Also you can play Foxfire and not feel too bad about it?

What’s being suggested is that you boost the trace strength to about four creds over the runner’s link every turn, slowly vamping them until they are forced to either float a tag or go into stinson range.

New thought - Stinson in GRNDL
First turn restructure, Stinson, flashback restructure

28 credits after turn 1… I think I run Brainstorm in that deck.

1 Like

Yeah, but Vamp is a Runner card for a reason. Generally “everyone loses credits” is bad for the Corp. You don’t want to base your gameplan around that. Any bonuses likely to be around for traces tend to be on the Runner side.

I think “do this every turn” sounds dodgy. I think a more fruitful use might be to look to land it once, for crucial effect. What if you see it as an alternate SEA Source that, yes, requires you to score a 3/1 but doesn’t need a Runner to run (meh, useful I suppose), saves influence (cool) and is clickless (ooh, now you’re talking!). Simple “Weyland-ing” of the Runner once tagged then proceeds.

You could even spend that extra click to Big Brother/Zealous Judge a scorching into a booming if you were that way inclined…

2 Likes

What agenda are you talking about?

If people aren’t immediately thinking of what to do with 2-3 more influence in good stuff Crim I don’t know what you’re thinking. Peregrine is a hard replace for Gordian and Zu. It starts at 2 STR for enigma, and breaks Tollbooth for 4. And, to boot, Tollbooth and DNA Tracker (more costly but not worse than other options) are the only ICE in decks these days worth derezzing.

Unless you’re running Au Revoir, I see zero reason to play Zu in Crim now.

8 Likes

I’m not, I’m getting it muddled up with the recently released Crisis Management. Doh! It’s even better that it’s actually a current.