Flashpoint Cycle!

GARBAGE ALERT!
Stop
GARBAGE ALERT!
¡Attencion!

1 Like

Just published this decklist: Teamwork CTM: NBN & Weyland 2gether 4evar · NetrunnerDB

It’s totally built around Door to Door and after about 30 games I can say that I love that current. It’s not an auto-include anywhere, but if used properly it can be downright evil. Also, if this is the wrong place, let me know, but any feedback would be appreciated.

1 Like

I’ve been testing Houdini. I don’t think I’ve seen one perspective on this card, so I’ll post it: after playtesting with Kit it has a significant anti-synergy with Net Mercur. I would otherwise prefer it otherwise as Escher is my favorite card, but Houdini isn’t going in my Kit decks.

Why? When you have lockpicks/other stealth sources out, you want to be able to pump stealth into a breaker every run to convert it into real money/draw with Net Mercur. You cannot do this easily with Houdini as it is 2 credits to pump.

Imagine running a Sensie to trash it. You want to pump your refractor before access to put a credit on NM, then trash for essentially one credit. Houdini requires that you spend two credits (at least one from stealth) to put a single credit on NM. Same situation for runs with Temujin. Same for Patron.

This anti-synergy is what killed it for me. Bummer. Seemed so good with Kit.

5 Likes

I like Houdini fine, if nothing else for the glacier matchup.

But yes, out of Smoke you want to run another stealth breaker to trigger NM.

You don’t need a stealth breaker, really. Any breaker will do for cloak or smoke.

But it’s annoying if Houdini is your only breaker.

Houdini was discussed much earlier in this thread IIRC. General consensus was that it was well-received, but I personally do not see it replacing Refractor until Refractor cycles. Getting to 6 using just 1 stealth is nice for DNA, and of course the persistent strength is nice, but with Net Mercer around, I feel like stacked code gates and stealth limitations for Refractor are heavily mitigated.

When Refractor cycles, Houdini will be an adequate replacement though. I do like it in that regard. Stealth is getting significantly buffed from NM and Smoke, I’m alright with seeing their new decoder be slightly (and only slightly) “worse”.

Just my two cents, of course.

2 Likes

Indeed. In Kit it is not uncommon that it is your only breaker for quite a while.

Status of Intervention was updated to Shipping Now.

3 Likes

1 Like

Also, should we talk here about the whole scuttlebutt that’s flying around the internet about the mystery unannounced product in the lineup between Quorum and the first pack of Red Sands?

2 Likes

Weyland finally getting a big box?

11 Likes

I like the idea someone on Slack had: Deluxe Masters’ Edition. Just a box of cards they want to keep evergreen, like Jackson and the 3/2s. Smattering of IDs like Chaos Theory, Andy, and Whizz. The Interfaces.

2 Likes

Box evergreen with mini-faction support would be cool to flush them out as factions more.

Of course, I suppose that is kind of wasting the card board they are printed on. Since two of them will probably never be anywhere near tournament viable.

I guess it’s Core 2.0.

Imp, Kati Jones, Celebrity gift, Pop up Windows, Interns, Subliminal Messaging…

i bet on a core set 2.0

I doubt it will be Core 2.0 (I’d love to be wrong). My bet is that it’s another Draft set and will be announced at Worlds.

Only Draft Sets have different serial numbers: uDAD##

The only products hat have the ADN## code are the core set, deluxe expansions and data packs.

My bet is on a deluxe box that introduces a multiplayer variant. Like Warhammer: Invasion and Star Wars LCG have.

8 Likes

I’m not a fan of an ‘evergreen’ box if it isn’t a core 2.0. Most of the cards suggested for it are ones that I’m looking forward to rotation for. This isn’t because I dislike them, but because powerful and useful cards have to rotate for rotation to have any meaning. I’d also like to see the design team find more creative ways of filling certain neccessary roles (such as the upcoming Equivocation as a replacement for RDI).

3 Likes