Gagarin deck

This is my attempt into Weyland territory any suggestions on how to make the deck better are welcome.

Lost in Space (49 cards)
Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon
– agenda (10 cards)
1 Corporate Sales Team
3 Oaktown Renovation
3 Project Atlas
3 Show of Force
– asset (14 cards)
2 Clyde Van Rite
2 Commercial Bankers Group
2 Honeyfarm
2 Jackson Howard
1 Launch Campaign
2 Marilyn Campaign
2 NASX
1 PAD Campaign
– ice (15 cards)
2 Caduceus
2 Hailstorm
2 Hortum
1 Ice Wall
1 IP Block
1 Macrophage
3 Tollbooth
2 Turnpike
1 Vanilla
– operation (7 cards)
2 Beanstalk Royalties
3 Hedge Fund
2 Scarcity of Resources
– upgrade (3 cards)
1 Cyberdex Virus Suite
2 K. P. Lynn

I have 1 core all of the deluxe sets, What lies ahead, chrome city, the mumbad and flashpoint cycles, terminal directive and station one.

I think this deck could benefit from thinking a little bit about what you want it to be. It’s sort of split between being an asset spam deck or a mid-range/glacier single remote deck. If you wanted to go for asset spam, I’d swap around the assets a bit and add a murder win condition (probably Hard Hitting News and/or Midseasons + Boom). For a glaciery deck, I’d probably move to a different ID, maybe Titan, and swap some of the influence for a different defensive upgrade (as I recall, you mentioned you had the 2015 Champ Decks in the last thread, so you could use caprice if you wanted).

Also, I’d make an effort to play more of your best cards. For example, commercial bankers is really good in gagarin, so I’d include it at 3x.

I like the idea of putting in a third banker, I had just taken out a SEA and Scorched. I was trying to branch away from my Glacier tendency but it seems they are still there. What assets would you change other than bankers?

If you’re going for some sort of Kill/Asset Spam hybrid, it’s always nice to have a few copies of Mumbad City Hall which will let you tutor Consulting Visit so you can play any operation in your deck. Definitely worth the 1 MWL influence because it really helps you to find singleton Midseasons/HHN/Boom!

Clyde Van Rite is a card that is only playable in Skorpios, and even there it is not very good IMO. I would take it out. The honeyfarms and some of the ice can also go (15 ice is a ton for gagarin).

KP Lynn combos very well with 3 cards, Mr. Stone, Dedicated Response Team and Zealous Judge. DRT is in Genesis which you don’t have, but there’s no reason not to add Zealous Judge since it is Mumbad and Stone since it is Terminal Directive.

The 2 win conditions for Gagarin are normally kill and Mumbad Construction Co. fast advance. You should decide whether to do one or both.

I second what many people already said: Double down on your best cards. Play x3 of them, if you can. Also, have a clear plan how you plan to win.

I build a Gagarin deck some days ago and it’s pretty fun to play so far. It tries to spam out assets early to mid game (an obvious route for Gagarin) and hide its win conditions on the board - Zealous Judge, Mr. Stone, never-advanced Atlases. If the Runner runs aggressively and drops below 8 creds, they earned themselves a HHN. If they do nothing, score out Altases and Hostiles. If they go low by checking, but have Aaron counters and/or float above 8 creds and trash your Judges, score out behind some ICE + Sandburg. Estelle Moon makes the deck reasonable fast, you usually have some sort of drip income on the board and as long as you play it as a semi-rush deck the Runner can usually not set up fast enough:

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon

Agenda (10)
3x Corporate Sales Team
2x Global Food Initiative ●●
2x Hostile Takeover
3x Project Atlas

Asset (19)
3x Commercial Bankers Group
1x Elizabeth Mills
3x Estelle Moon ●●●●● ●
3x Jackson Howard ●●●
2x Mr. Stone
3x PAD Campaign
2x Sandburg
2x Zealous Judge

Upgrade (2)
2x K. P. Lynn

Operation (9)
3x BOOM!
1x Consulting Visit
2x Hard-Hitting News ●●●●
3x Hedge Fund

Barrier (3)
3x Spiderweb

Code Gate (3)
3x Hortum

Sentry (3)
3x Tour Guide

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

It’s not perfect, though. A big problem is Rumor Mill and I guess I have to add some Prisecs (probably in exchange for Lynn) to counter that. Now, with your card pool you can’t play that deck 1:1, but you asked for advice anyway. The best ICE for that kind of deck (Tour Guide) is not in your card pool, that’s a bit of unfortunate. If you want to stick with Gagarin, you should definitely get your hands on that. Anyway, what I think you could copy:

• Estelle Moon is busted in any kind of asset based deck. Play it!
  • Hard Hitting News is a incredible good tool to have some kind of early protection or land a surprise kill if they try to keep your assets low.
  • Play 3x Commercial Bankers Group. They will probably be trashed on sight, but they’re still good. If the Runner doesn’t trash them, you have all the money you need. I finished games with 100+ creds because of them.
  • Play PAD Campaigns. They’re slow, but with Gagarin you can usually make them stick, so you have some reliable eco on the board. NASX is fine, too, but only play one copy if you have already three PADs in your deck. Runners are more likely to trash those, so they’re not as reliable.
  • You want a win condition that works off your giant pile of money if the Runner lets you have that. I recommend Sandburg and a backup kill plan.
  • I don’t think the alliance package is worth it at the moment. You pay influence for Mumbad City Hall, but you don’t play much operations anyway. You pay influence for Mumba Temples, but that influence could also give you the absolutely busted Estelle Moon or more Hard Hitting News. And there are not much assets you want to search for with the Mumbard City Hall. Jeeves is good, obviously, but you need 6 HB cards to make up for the requirement and I don’t see how you can do this without cutting too much strong cards. Influence is though for this kind of build.

The rough part about Prisecs in Gagarin is that the runner can strait up decline to pay the extra credit to access if it’s on a remote, so it’s only playable on centrals.

If you’re playing zealous judge, I recommend putting in Mausolous. Maus is a strong piece of ice with the downside that runner can choose not to break it, but if you can rez a zealous judge after they take the tag, it becomes an extremely efficient piece of ice with a powerful face check.