Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

Well, I made this and I do realize it’s not very good and I didn’t really get to test it much.

Bioroid smasher

Edward Kim: Humanity’s Hammer

Event (12)
1x Déjà Vu
3x I’ve Had Worse
1x Knifed
1x Lucky Find ••
1x Queen’s Gambit
1x Spooned
1x Stimhack
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
2x MemStrips
3x The Personal Touch ••••• •

Resource (13)
3x Daily Casts
3x Earthrise Hotel
1x Ice Carver
3x Kati Jones
2x Liberated Account
1x Utopia Shard •

Icebreaker (6)
2x Mimic
2x Morning Star
2x Yog.0

Program (9)
2x Datasucker
2x Imp
1x Medium
2x Parasite
2x Self-modifying Code ••••• •

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Replace those two MemStrips with two copies of Grimoire and you have yourself a better deck, especially as it has Sucker, Imp, Medium, Parasite in it.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with that, but you lose the flexibility of the click you spent to install clone chip, and have to spend the click to move the counter. Its more click intensive is my point. That said the added utility might make it better, but it makes the deck slower, which typically means worse. The game is slowing down though, so you never know!

You kids are thinking too simply.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, virus breeding ground usually slows you down, but then you realize you can pump your medium without a run as if you made a run, which ultimately means saved money and it makes run R&D once a turn decks better. For those you want recurring credits usually, which anarch can do very well. And for that I might want Spinal Modem, which gives memstrips value, which is not a maxx deck. Starting to agree convo should be moved.

I moved 15 posts to an existing topic: Levy-less MaxX, and luck/skill/variance discussion

My guesses are triggering every draw or allowing you to keep any number of the drawn cards and bottoming the rest.

1 Like

Maybe it was you get the draw and then put back any card you want to from your hand?

But back to MaxX. Anyone try a Career Fair splash? Or Hacktivist Meeting to wipe the dreaded ELP? Might be pretty decent.

Anyway, mem issues, I think Progenitor is actually legit. It’s like a 0 cost Mem Chip that gives Imp and Medium added protection.

2 Likes

This is far less insane than Memstrips. It’s nice because it could actually be better than Grimoire in cases where you don’t have it JUST because it costs 0. You could even Clone Chip it in weird situations where you need MU badly. The downside of having to install the program after Progenitor is kind of whatever because you almost always install medium last and it’s the best thing to put on it.

The biggest issue for me is, is it better than Grimoire? I’m not really sure. If I was going to think about running a 3rd MU card, I think Progenitor would be better than the 3rd Grimoire, but I’m not sure about cutting one or both already played Grimoires for a Progenitor. Maybe it’s the sort of card you want in 60 card Maxx ;D

1 Like

I moved 32 posts to a new topic: Levy-less MaxX, and luck/skill/variance discussion

5 Likes

I kinda had a rude awakening yesterday when I lost two games in a row against blacklist.

Both games, my opponent kept a hawk eye on my heap and as soon as my deck got super low or a breaker of a certain type got thrown into the heap, he installed or rezzed a blacklist behind that ice (lotus field when my zu was in the heap, for example).

Both games resulted in a total loss, with me locked out of the game.

Anyone had to play against blacklist yet? Did I just get two games of bad luck? Or is this card really good hate against this deck?

1 Like

Blacklist is excellent against Maxx. Grail NEH with it has a strong maxx match.

1 Like

I feel like it should probably not be that bad if you’re aware of when it can happen. If you highly prioritize getting out your full breaker suite, is it really that much of a nightmare?

I guess if they lock your Zu out with a Lotus-Blacklist server you’re pretty fucked.

Levy and draw like mad, if after levy, be aggressive on something else. Lotus can’t be everywhere.

Blacklist also prevents the Levy

1 Like

THIS IS MY PLAN TONIGHT AT NETRUNNER NIGHT, WATCH OUT

1 Like

Wierd, what happens to the cards in the heap, they just hang tight as you shuffle your HQ and deck?

As a 1 influence splash, it is kind of hard to predict unless I have some knowledge of the deck in general.

You are right, prioritizing your breakers at the cost of some aggression probably is the answer, but it can be a pretty steep cost, especially if I want to also hold onto my deja vu’s for a later deck reset.

I was just blown away by how quickly one card being rezzed changed the whole match. I had so much tempo and momentum and then I had literally lost the game. With corroder and Zu in the heap, I had no way out.

1 Like

Pretty sure you just shuffle stack and heap. Blacklist also stops a cronos project’s effects.

Considering three strong runner decks are all about recursion, Blacklist seems like such a no-brainer going into regionals.