GrandLan Spring League Championship 2014

Originally published at: GrandLan Spring League Championship 2014 - StimHack

Discuss the latest Tournament Winning Decklists here. I thought that since this was the first decklist with Honor and Profit in it, it was worth discussng.

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)
“Run, Little Girl”

40 cards (min 40)

Event (24)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set) ••••• •••
3x Diesel (Core Set)
3x Indexing (Future Proof)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control)
3x Modded (Core Set)
2x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Scavenge (Creation and Control)
1x Stimhack (Core Set) •
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Test Run (Cyber Exodus)

Hardware (6)
2x Dinosaurus (Cyber Exodus)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
1x R&D Interface (Future Proof)
1x The Personal Touch (Core Set)

Resource (2)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Overmind (Honor And Profit)
2x Femme Fatale (Core Set) ••
1x Morning Star (What Lies Ahead) ••••
1x Torch (Mala Tempora)

Program (3)
3x Magnum Opus (Core Set)

15 influence spent (max 15)
Criminal: 10
Anarch: 5
Cards up to Honor and Profit

GRNDL: Power Unleashed (Fear and Loathing)
“Because We Hate You And Want You To Know It”

Total Cards: (49)

Agenda: (12)
False Lead (A Study in Static) x2
Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves) x3
Hostile Takeover (Core) x3
Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead) x3
The Cleaners (Second Thoughts) x1

Asset: (4)
GRNDL Refinery (Fear And Loathing) x1
Snare! (Core) x3 ••••• •

ICE: (16)
Chimera (Cyber Exodus) x2
Archer (Core) x3
Enigma (Core) x3
Guard (Honor and Profit) x2
Ice Wall (Core) x2
Grim (Opening Moves) x2
Bastion (Creation and Control) x2

Operation: (17)
Anonymous Tip (Core) x2 ••
Hedge Fund (Core) x3
Restructure (Second Thoughts) x3
Scorched Earth (Core) x3
SEA Source (Core) x1 ••
Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors) x2
Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing) x3

Upgrade: (0)

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Jinteki: 6
NBN: 4
Cards up to Honor and Profit

1 Like

CT is essentially a copy of this: Dinomite (1st, Auckland Chronos Protocol) · NetrunnerDB
The difference is: +1 Overmind, –1 The Personal Touch, which is probably to give the deck some early speed.

1 Like

To be sure. But there’s little variance in CT these days, and most of the players who ran her at this event had very similar, utility event builds. Almost everyone, Shaper or not, splashed an Overmind. CT was the most represented individual identity, but with more Criminal overall then any other faction, just split between Andi, Gabe, and Ken. There was 1 Noise player (ended up taking second place with that and BABW).

The Corp side saw representations of GRNDL, BABW, and both NBNs. Even NEXT Design made a showing. RP was by far and away the most popular, however.

1 Like

Neither decks seem like really interesting variations to me. The CT deck looks like it would actually be much better if it dropped one Siphon and added two Planned Assault, while the Corp deck looks like pretty standard Supermodernism.

Well sure, but there aren’t many interesting variations out there period. It’s the conversation that’s been going on ad nausea for a while now, revamped by H&P: Just how well tread the meta is, archetype wise. Also, if it ain’t broke, you know?

The Auckland runner here. I’ve actually made that change Kingsley. One Planned Assault and one Legwork in for Account Siphon.

Overmind is really interesting, I haven’t had a chance to play with it yet. Anyone else have thoughts on it? Great how it can go in blind and guarantee the Account Siphon or Indexing. Not bad with Test Run either. I suppose my concern would be that it could suck up a surprising amount of money before you play Magnum Opus and only gets two counters after MO.

2 Likes

For a lot of us who tried running Overmind, it came down to a judgement call based on what you needed coming out of the gate. If cash was more pressing, then MO came out. Otherwise, if you needed early pressure, Overmind was brought out. It worked well helping to control tempo by making sure early run events hit, like you said, and scavenge-blinking it adds even more value. For people running a more PC or event based economy, it was a non issue entirely.

The cash sink turned out not to be as big a deal around here, as there was mostly a lot of cheap early ice. Biggest thing you might have to get through (while Overmind is still relevant on the board, at least) is a Viktor or Bastion. An early Hive can be problematic, but it’s a problem for more then just Overmind.