Great Lakes Circuit - a series of upper Middle West tournaments

I know we have spoken of this in the past, but I am 110% willing to help out on this. I know stores and tournament organizers in VA, MD, and PA that would all be interested.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know the numbers of other regions for comparison, but DC has a large following. There were probably roughly a dozen or so well attended store championships earlier this winter. So I think if you include DC in with Baltimore/Philadelphia, that could be a region by itself (and help people from Richmond/the periphery play). Since weā€™re talking hypotheticals, maybe one hosted in Baltimore, and another somewhere equidistant between New York/Boston?

1 Like

Maybe that makes the most sense; PA/NJ/MD/DC and NY/New England

2 Likes

Iā€™m so there. Another idea, though it may be a bit creepy. Anyone up for offering their pad as a ā€œNetrunner Hostelā€ for 2-day events? I certainly could for a Cleveland tourney as long as I talked with anyone wanting to stay beforehand. The travel costs can be a bit much on gamerā€™s budget, and it might improve attendance at events.

2 Likes

@spags What needs to be done to figure out between Wausau and Madison? Iā€™m voting for Madison :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes this is likely perfect.

1 Like

We could take WV and pitts too, potentially, though theyā€™re somewhat straddled with the midwest over there. Call it the Mid-Atlantic and the New England circuits?

1 Like

Sounds solid. I know a guy in WV that may be interested, although attendance is likely more of an issue there. Less players overall.

1 Like

You realize, of course, that the only reasonable choice for a GLC alt art card is Green Level Clearance?

5 Likes

Toxic green is pretty much the color of the Great Lakes, at least here in C-town

1 Like

Nice. You got the nod.

I was going to stick with IDs, primarily, as non-FFG, non-IDs are illegal for any sanctioned tournies.

If you guys can organize two, go with God. Iā€™ve got enough shite to deal with here.

2 Likes

Iā€™m all about people housing other players. Nothing builds community like having someone drool all over your pillows.

4 Likes

I would say that depends entirely on the sanctioning body, wouldnā€™t you?

As a sort-of aside, Iā€™ve been running a lucky ONR TRAP! in place of my Snare! in Argus in every official tournament for months now and nobodyā€™s said a negative thing about it. I mean, I keep a real one on standby just in case, but still. Iā€™ve also seen a pretty good number of printed-up proxy SanSans and Desperados.

1 Like

And I use the Action Jacksons from the ChiLo Grudge match. Those are awesome.

1 Like

Hey, in the ANRPC world, these are all legal. However, if I find you have an illegal deck, you lose a hand.

2 Likes

Before I turn into Stannis Baratheon, I want to dissuade proxies, generally, as I want people to buy the cards. I know that itā€™s cheap enough that people will, but, donā€™t want FFG getting mad.

I actually think thatā€™s a pretty good policy, even if a 3rd core set is a tough sell. I canā€™t imagine most people would have an issue with it if theyā€™re trying to compete at this level anyway. Plus, they put most of the one-offs in the various draft sets. Maybe someday Iā€™ll get that third Data Dealer!

That said, you can have my old-school TRAP! when you pry it from my still warm and freshly-severed hand! Or at least Archives Interface it out of the game.

1 Like

Nice to see all this start to come to a fruition. I remember our hot tub convos about this @spags . Iā€™ll pm you for some advice, try to get a NW region going

4 Likes

Most great ideas, and a few terrible ones, originate in a hot tub.

6 Likes