Great Lakes Circuit - a series of upper Middle West tournaments

I’m greenlighted down here in Dayton, and need to know who to be in touch with about where to send the money and a couple questions about running the tournament. We’re slating it for May 9th (the Saturday before Louisville regionals) and want to start advertising it asap. Who is managing the circuit, and what Paypal (or etc.) do we send the money through?

1 Like

Mid-Atlantic Circuit is in the works and is very likely a go. You’ll hear more from me and @dashakan soon.

6 Likes

I am down to help, let me know what I can do.

2 Likes

Talked to the Mead Hall crew tonight and they said they’d certainly like to host the Twin Cities tourney, although they seemed resigned that the FFG center would find a way to snipe it from them.

I certainly can’t speak for anyone else, but I would personally prefer Mead Hall as a venue. They’ve done a lot more than any other store to promote the game locally.

2 Likes

@ItJustGotRielle , check your PM box.

re: Mead Hall
Pretty sure they’re getting it. Having a 48 person SC is impressive. I had some approach about having it at FFG, but they get everything, and it’s best if we avoid there.

re: Madison/Wausau, WI
Sorry, Wausau got it.

3 Likes

Sorry not sorry.

1 Like

Wausau probably makes more sense anyways. Anyone in Madison can easily get to Wausau, Milwaukee, or even Chicago/Minesotta if they want to.

As a heads up to @Spags, I’m by no means trying to steal your thunder but wanted to let the BGG people know about this. Probably a good thing to eventually get it up on Reddit and maybe Facebook as well.

BGG Discussion: ANRPC - Competitive Circuits - Competitive Scene Upgraded | Android: Netrunner

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you. I’ve been too busy to plaster the other sites, and was await some firmer dates. I was pushing the competitive players first, as I feel they are more likely to take the ball and run with it.

EDIT: Thanx, Brian. Got it up on reddit, and talking in the BGG thread.

Hey no problem; I softened some of the language too as people were focusing on some things I didn’t think needed focused on (cash for worlds). I’ll keep updating that topic (maybe it should have been in news?) as more details come out.

Given life I have no idea if I’ll have time for more A:NR. The amount I have already in my life is testing my wife’s capacity to tolerate a card game. So, maybe I’ll get to come to an event or two in this circuit. Would certainly be fun. But totally happy to see it tried.

Also, if there’s any text you want in the opener just let me know. I’ll attribute it to you in a quote or something so people know its not me.

2 Likes

No, it’s good. Thanx. I was leery of putting something in BGG because I knew there’d be an initial knee-jerk to CASH PRIZES!!!?!?, but, thanx.

3 Likes

KIDS, if you need answers about the GLC or ANRPC, contact us at anrgreatlakescircuit@gmail.com, or anrprocircuit@gmail.com. Thanx!

5 Likes

For visibility, i highly recommend editing the first post to make contact info more readily available. Did the same for you on bgg.

1 Like

Word. Added a Facebook page. Redirecting...

Event #3 on the circuit, in Metro Detroit: Redirecting...

Come one, come all!

5 Likes

Just a quick bump to remind people about the circuit. Had 20+ brave souls attend our opener in Dayton, OH last week. Not only did they take down 3 of the top 4 spots, but @DJhedgehog, @ItJustGotRielle, and @eric_c helped to organize, contribute to, and run the initial GLC event. Even had two kids come on a bus from New York!

We have firm dates for 6 more events coming up, and are still fleshing out a few more for Chicago, Twin Cities, and more. Thanks for any interest and support in helping to grow these fan-run events!

11 Likes

Shout-outs also to @FoilFlaws for helping with and contributing to the prize pool for the Dayton, OH GLC qualifier. It was definitely one of the best local events we’ve had, with lots of high-level competitors!

4 Likes

Is there a post yet about the GLC finals? Curious about prizes.

Finals prizes:

Participation: Wooden RP IDs
1st: $500
2nd: $200
3rd/4th: choice of Apex or Komainu prints

May have some other prints to give away, as well, plus $75 for Go7 Gaming.

4 Likes

Thanks in advance for making the community a bunch of bloodthirsty ruffians. I hope you called in the National Guard.

8 Likes

Just a reminder of the last chance and finals tournaments this weekend. Hope you’re attending. Regardless, like our FB page.

5 Likes