Greek Nationals

All I have is a date ,18/10. Anyone know more?

Main question I have are;

• Are non-greek speakers and cards welcome.
    Yes.
  • Is there a bye for worlds, are non Greek nats eligible to win this?
    To the best of my knowledge there is a bye for worlds, at least that’s what FFG has communicated to us, although there seems to be some controversy on the subject on a european level, and ofc anyone bold enough to win the final is eligible to take it home and hug it smile emoticon
  • What time is the event likely to start/finish.
    Registration opens at 9:30, first round at 10:30, six round swiss followed by top 8 double elim (most likely until late sunday night)
    - Will there be Ouzo?
    There will be ouzo and other crazy going ons since we are also hosting the final L5R european championship on the same weekend (at the same place). For any other questions feel free to contact me.

More details about the weekend here http://www.crypsis.gr/Events/Athens2015.aspx

4 Likes

Surely you aren’t planning on popping over?

In times like this it’s best to consider, what would Gary do?

4 Likes

Yo, I will come as well (hopping over from Turkey before flying back to Germany).
According to Félicitations ! Votre domaine a bien été créé chez OVHcloud ! it takes place
at “Stratos-Vassilikos Hotel”.

I am pretty sure non-greek speakers are welcome. At least I am :smile:
Also, as far as I know, the Greeks play with English cards.
No idea about times, but I am fairly certain, Ouzo will be a thing.
I will likely be there from Friday evening to Tuesday. Maybe there’s the
possibility for some pre- and post-hanging out?

1 Like

Response I got from Greek Facebook group

Hello, anyone is welcome smile emoticon To the best of my knowledge there is a bye for worlds, at least that’s what FFG has communicated to us, although there seems to be some controversy on the subject on a european level, and ofc anyone bold enough to win the final is eligible to take it home and hug it smile emoticon

Registration opens at 9:30, first round at 10:30, six round swiss followed by top 8 double elim (most likely until late sunday night)

There will be ouzo and other crazy going ons since we are also hosting the final L5R european championship on the same weekend (at the same place). For any other questions feel free to contact me.

For venue info, please look at the bottom of this page:

http://www.crypsis.gr/Events/Athens2015.aspx

Any other Brits intrested? @evilgaz @Cerberus @Tim?

Damnit, I’m already booked into an RPGcon that weekend or I’d be getting my act together. Surely Constantine has more details, even though he lives in Holland. I can’t remember anyone’s handle on forums, so someone will have to tag him in. Keficil or something?

@Kelfecil see above :smiley:

You are all welcome m8s!

If everything goes according to plan, it will be still sunny and warm in Athens by that date. Not to hot, just perfect for you :D.

Unfortunately I am not from Athens, I am 550 km away, so I cannot offer hospitality. I hope to make the trip with the baby and all.

Cheers.

1 Like

I will be there from Friday so I’m up from some pre-nats training @Marsellus !
Depends on what the guy I will be staying with is up to as well.

Regarding the Worlds Bye, we had an official response from FFG Organized Play and it was:
"All National Champions have a spot and bye reserved for them at the 2015 World Championships. Our international partners (your distributors) should be getting in contact with them shortly. Champions will still need to pay for the event and provide their own flight unless they won in one of the countries outlined in our World Championship announcement back in May:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/5/18/ffgs-2015-world-championships/ "

Also before that:

“Bye cards were not included in National Championship kits, as we ask our partners located in each country to report their Champion to us. If you have any concerns about the winner not receiving his or her bye, please have them contact us directly (organizedplay@fantasyflightgames.com) along with our partner, and then we can follow up with our partner.”

The more you know. Eurogrid.net has us way more organized and ready than ever before, so don’t hesitate asking us to forward a question to Fantasy Flight Games when needed (won’t be right away, but we will collection questions and get in contact with them when needed.)

Potentially. I’ll have to see if I can get time off work. What do the costs look like?

1 Like

Flights £110 from lgw

At last Old Hollywood and Universe of Tomorrow arrived in Greek stores so both are legal for the Nationals.

1 Like

Uhh… I might be in as well!

1 Like

I’m in! Flights purchased, please sign me up so that I haven’t flown for nothing!

2 Likes

Likewise!

2 Likes

Do not forget to arrange some vacation time on Saturday. Lot’s of things to see and visit in Athens.

1 Like

@lpoulter and I are going the whole hog. All of Saturday, Friday afternoon and Monday too. Any tourist tips welcome!

2 Likes

Guys, I am also in for tourist stuff (and Ouzo). I will return back from my semester abroad in Izmir, Turkey, and will stop in Athens for Nationals. I will arrive on either Friday or Saturday, my flight back will be on Tuesday. So I am up for some awesome stuff!

@lpoulter and @groober, I’m saddened I can’t make the jolly. England expects. Do us proud!

2 Likes