Grip, not Hand: Yes We Khan!

4 cost, 1 mem, shashasrarara ability

2 Likes

2-3c would be what it cost imo.
1MU given for console / unique status (like Astrolabe for instance).
2c is what the program costs allready.

I don’t know if oof program should cost 1c more ?

Huh. I do actually like the idea of ICE Analyzer because if you get three of them and Charizard, you have free re-installs of your bird-breakers… I sorta feel you should go ahead and put both Compromised Employee and ICE Analyzer in the deck. It’s not like they get any worse by stacking them…

EDIT: Because I’m insane: Deckbuilder · NetrunnerDB Hawkgirl!

I’m assuming cards 39 and 40 are Peregrine?

If you don’t see em, yes. There are 2x Peregrine.

I played with a similar deck yesterday and I feel like Khan can start to play a strong credit denial game by forcing the Corp to continuously rez the ice on centrals. Combined with criminal run based economy, you can make money while running on centrals, derezzing ice and building turning wheel counters. One problem I found were barriers like Eli start to get expensive quickly. I’ve thought about splashing ankusa to tear them down, but I haven’t tested it so far.

this isn’t really the right question.

because her ability only works on the first piece of ICE passed each turn and not once per turn whenever you like, once you get to a board state where installing even her 5-cost programs will net you some credits and a click, derezzing ICE with her programs becomes two things: derezzing to unravel your opponent’s board state and derezzing to advance your own. there will definitely moments where you’ll be doing one more than the other, leaning more towards the former in the early game and the latter once you’ve installed many of the pieces of your engine.

in that sense, her fracter isn’t really meant to derez barriers just for the sake of it but as another avenue of derezzing ICE to continue to force rezzes, especially if you go against a corp who decides that they’re just going to rez barriers against you

not every Khan will play this way of course or at the very least play this way all the time, and i imagine few people will import this program like Peregrine and Golden, but it’s still another missing part of the puzzle

1 Like

I like the Ankhusa idea…

I sortof don’t feel that Khan’s Barrier Bird would actually be useful. Vanilla is too prevalent so it’ll likely be better to just used something like Corroder or Paperclip instead. Although it would be pretty funny against Curtain Wall.

One thing I’ve been vaguely considering is having two birds of the same type out at one time, as I’ve noticed that due to the timing of Khan’s ability, if they get something like a Vanilla out front, I break that, pass the ICE burning Khan’s ability, then hit the ICE behind that I actually care about derezzing, derez that one and pass it… And can’t reinstall the bird I just used. If instead I had a second one in hand I could’ve installed it. Corner case, but it’s a thought. Mostly that particular server configuration is difficult because I have to pay to install Bird before having the credits from them rezzing the ICE.

Honestly I feel that if there’s a Barrier Bird (Red-Tail? We have Eagles, Falcons… Are we missing Hawks?) it’d best be used to just save influence, and then pull in Parasites to kill the tiny ICE that’s not worth forcing them to re-rez.

1 Like

If we want to get into real jank territory we can use savior-faire to re-install after the ability is burned.

my influence in my khan deck is being spent on 3x saharasa, 3x Scheherazade, and 3x desperado. what the hell do I cut to fit a corroder?

Cut two Sahasrara’s for two ICE Analyzer/Compromised Employee…

1 Like

I’d cut all three, for three Ice analyzers and 3 free inf. There’s a corroder and a turning wheel right there.

or a Paperclip

1 Like

I’d probably put in cybsoft macro drive before ice analyzer (adds credits to tech writer), but tbh I’m not sure I like either option. Still, somethings got to go.

1 Like

just hang tight until THIRDBIRD

any falconers want to guess what it could be?

1 Like

Thinking of using Paintbrush as my fracter with the two bird breakers

Since I am good at guessing cards for Khan, my shot will be a “shortwing”.

Falconry uses classes of birds: “Broadwings” (i.e. Golden Eagle), “Longwings” (i.e. Peregrine Falcon) and “Shortwing” (i.e. Goshawks) - so I guess something like this, since we also have three types of ICE. How about the indian “Shikra”? That’s my guess for the barrier breaking bird.

5 Likes

um i specifically asked for input from falconers, you’re going to have to show some credentials (preferably in the form of a dope picture with a bird in it)

5 Likes

I’m more of a theoretical falconer

9 Likes

My guess is Red-Tail, but I’m having hard time thinking of another kind of Hawk…

After briefly trolling Wikipedia, (in the original sense of the word…) Red-Tail, Goshawk, and Sparrow seem likely candidates. (Sparrow being a shortening/first bit of Sparrowhawks…) Apparently Red-tailed Hawks are used by beginners pretty commonly,so that seems to be a standout candidate.