[Haarpsichord Studios] Convenience Shop- Haarpsichord Kill

Convenience Shop

Haarpsichord Studios: Entertainment Unleashed (Old Hollywood)

Agenda (14)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x Explode-a-palooza (Old Hollywood)
3x Quantum Predictive Model (Data and Destiny)
1x The Future is Now (The Universe of Tomorrow)
1x 15 Minutes (Data and Destiny)

Asset (7)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
3x News Team (Data and Destiny)
1x Shattered Remains (First Contact)

Upgrade (1)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (17)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set) [color=#006400]••••• ••••• ••[/color]
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
3x Traffic Accident (Order and Chaos) [color=#006400]•••[/color]
3x 24/7 News Cycle (Data and Destiny)

Barrier (3)
3x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (2)
2x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (5)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Gutenberg (Breaker Bay)
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Howdy all, I wanted to go ahead and start a discussion on this deck, it has made a big splash in a very short amount of time, accounting for 11% of all corp decks at Worlds. I know @mediohxcore popularized the deck by playing it on stream and talking about how crazy it was and @Kookoobah getting 2nd place in The PSI Games helped as well. The above version is the one that I brought to Worlds. As far as I know, the list is pretty dang standard, but does have a few slots open to tech with. I think the best changes in my list than from others that I’ve seen is swapping a TGTBT for a The Future is Now. Going in to Worlds I thought that CVS would be a very helpful tech slot since it can really help vs. a Noise w/ Imp or a Kate with constant threat of scorch, but it ended up not being terribly useful.

Things I think can be changed:

1. I’m still not sure how I feel about Midseasons. I think the threat of it is very necessary but any game vs. not Noise I never found myself having more money than the runner at a time when I could Midseasons.
  2. The agenda suite in general looks good but I think could be revamped, mostly to go down to less agendas in general. I’ve actually thought about including a GFI (cutting 1 Traffic Accident) to free up slots and you could bluff it as a Shattered Remains after the runner has plascrete up late game.
  3. CVS helps the Noise and Kate MU marginally but didn’t prove to do much at Worlds, could be a DBS or Closed Accounts maybe.

Mainly I just want to get y’alls thoughts on the deck in general and get some discussion about it. Do you like the deck? Do you think that it’s too easy to play around with Film Critic and Plascrete? Do you think it’s good for the game to have unconditional tagging in 24/7 News Cycle? Did you have some crazy tech that you included in your deck that you think makes it better?

5 Likes

You got me pretty hard with your addition of The Future is Now. Then again, running either agenda was a really bad play to begin with, but as it was that agenda put in some work for you.

1 Like

Yeah I really think so. That one particular game really highlighted it, but it can often find me my last combo piece or BN if I really need it. Having it as second agenda scored after BN usually ends the game the next turn. Also, I found that TGTBT is usually just a click and credit tax, any good player knows better than to run last click.

TGTBT is great during multiaccess when they hit a QPM after. I like it over Future.

That is true but I imagine that is pretty rare with just the 1 TGTBT and 95% of the time the runner is already tagged by Data Raven/Gutenberg. In a previous version I was running 2 Explodapalooza and 3 TGTBT and I liked that version but ended up swapping it up for deck slots.

Sorry for blowing up your spot before worlds @Asclepius! This is a monster deck, but the field was armed to the teeth against it unfortunately. @dashakan stuck with it and managed to win 6/8 I think.

I still like TGTBT over TFIN but it’s pretty close. If anything, I want to move towards more agendas rather than less as it makes it easier to win on points.

I’m going to lay off this one for a while until the hate dies down. Hopefully it isn’t like 2013 when everyone thought they needed 2 plascretes for way longer than it made sense.

1 Like

I actually went 6-2 on the day with it too, if I could only have won more as Andy…

Every time someone discarded a plascrete I patted myself on the back.

6 Likes

I don’t like that many TGTBT. The 1x is just fine. As you mentioned, it is redundant when you do get your Raven going over R&D. The reason I like it is it protects the QPMs in R&D when you’re naked there, and it makes the Runner eat half a turn when you put it in a remote behind a Raven. The synergy is just damn beautiful.

That said, TFIN is great too. As you mentioned, it grabs combo or that last agenda you need. Very powerful. I just don’t find myself needing it that much, have a harder time scoring it unless I use an Astro counter, or can’t get extra value from it if I feed it to the Runner on a double naked agenda install.

Speaking futher on the deck, I don’t really like Shattered Remains. I know that it is the out vs Plascrete, but boy does it blow if they don’t run it. I’d much rather have a Psycho in that slot as a 2c Biotic once they go tag-me. Just another preference of mine because I’m apparently horrible at bluffing traps and have a tell I can’t figure out.

Yeah I see what you’re saying with TGTBT, but I just hate advancing and scoring it SO MUCH. I originally had a vision for the deck that R&D would be much more spiky for the runner with the Explodas, TGTBT, News Team, and originally I had Archangel too. I ended up abandoning that for some reason.

On Shattered, I just feel that it is the best solution for a turn one plascrete. I don’t think the deck has enough tools to reliably fast advance out with Clot being a thing. It’s extremely hard to scorch through the Plas, although it can be done. Idk, I’d like another solution too but with the current meta of everyone running 2 plascretes I think it is needed.

I can attest to Archangel being a boss in R&D. If you do get lucky and they run last click, you can bounce that there Plascrete. It is just an awesome ICE.

I try to murder through the Plascrete, or abandon the plan if they pop down two. I just can’t stand Shattered in NBN, and in this deck specifically.

I have yet to see this deck played in our meta to a “oh fuck” degree like NEH Butchershop was. No assets to bluff, clotting BN is ezpz, and any hand size + damage prevention can ruin its only out because this deck is poor as fuck for a Midseasons deck.

I think it’s still being polished and I hope to see any new developments in this thread.

I ran the following list for worlds, and think it did OK until I ran into @vinegarymink round 7 with Film Critic. Likely would have won my round 6 game if my oppponent hadn’t illegaly fetched his second Plascrete with Logos on QPM score… (yeah I need to play more with the cards before the tournament).

Thinking of cutting a Traffic Accident, TGTBT and a Beale for a GFI to free up some more slots. Probably adding the third Gutenberg and something else.

Haarpsichord Studios: Entertainment Unleashed (Old Hollywood)

Agenda (14)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)
3x Quantum Predictive Model (Data and Destiny)
1x TGTBT (True Colors)
1x 15 Minutes (Data and Destiny)

Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
3x News Team (Data and Destiny)

Operation (18)
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
1x Psychographics (Core Set)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set) [color=#006400]••••• ••••• ••[/color]
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
1x The All-Seeing I (Data and Destiny)
3x Traffic Accident (Order and Chaos) [color=#006400]•••[/color]
2x 24/7 News Cycle (Data and Destiny)

Barrier (2)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (1)
1x Archangel (Data and Destiny)

Sentry (5)
3x Data Raven (Core Set)
2x Gutenberg (Breaker Bay)

Other (3)
3x Mother Goddess i[/i]
15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

2 Likes

Mother fucking goddess

3 Likes

The power of the deck is that it can win on turn 4-5 before the runner can get their protection.

1 Like

This, and requires runner to do absolutely nothing. No scoring or running needed. Non conditional tagging is dabomb.com

1 Like

I find that the deck is only poor in about half its games but, then again, I run Pop-Up/Archangel instead of real Code Gates :smile:. The Explodas go a long way in boning up econ.

I’d hate to mention it, and this will probably get pooped on as soon as I do, but what about Flare in place of Shattered Remains? It is a big tax or kills hardware + meat + ETR.

Bandwidth also seems like a missed opportunity in the deck, along with a few other cheap NBN ICE. If this deck is mostly binary anyway, why not go full bore and cheap as shit?

1 Like

Why is this deck called Convenience Shop?

Because it’s open 24/7

17 Likes

Yes.